BMW or Subaru

axl said:
Obviously Lionel was lying when he say he gotta keep this goldie-topless beauty for the next couple of years... :dance:

Btw bro, still owe you $70!! Maybe can sms me yr POSB or UOB a/c?? Paiseh, so long leow...

Errm... got other priorities now mah... so downgrade to something more affordable and practical lor... :verysad:

otto said:
Snail_Mobile said:
The B4 edition shld be rated @260bhp instead of the regular 245bhp.

Hi Bro,

Any idea which PI brings in the GT STI?
I heard MI boss is driving one.

otto

I've checked and GarageR can bring in the Legacy 2.0GT SpecB WR Limited (what a mouthfull! :roll: ). Details are as follows:

5AT / 5MT
260PS@6000rpm / 280PS@6800rpm
343Nm@2400rpm / 343Nm@2400rpm
~$142K / ~$139K with estimated $46k OMV
Available in WR Blue colour only :inlove:

WR Limited Special Equipment:
18" gold rims, HID, rear fog lamp, heated door mirrors, rear wiper/washer, aluminium shift knob with SWRT logo, red electro luminescent meters, blue alcantara front seats with SWRT logo, UV tinted glass...

Full specs available here: http://www.subaru.co.jp/legacy/wrlimited/index.html

top.jpg

hackzi said:
otto said:
Snail_Mobile said:
The B4 edition shld be rated @260bhp instead of the regular 245bhp.

Hi Bro,

Any idea which PI brings in the GT STI?
I heard MI boss is driving one.

otto

I've checked and GarageR can bring in the Legacy 2.0GT SpecB WR Limited (what a mouthfull! :roll: ). Details are as follows:

5AT / 5MT
260PS@6000rpm / 280PS@6800rpm
343Nm@2400rpm / 343Nm@2400rpm
~$142K / ~$139K with estimated $46k OMV
Available in WR Blue colour only :inlove:

WR Limited Special Equipment:
18" gold rims, HID, rear fog lamp, heated door mirrors, rear wiper/washer, aluminium shift knob with SWRT logo, red electro luminescent meters, blue alcantara front seats with SWRT logo, UV tinted glass...

Full specs available here: http://www.subaru.co.jp/legacy/wrlimited/index.html

top.jpg

whao!
thats one mean machine!

Thanks Bro.

Will check Toto now!

ottO

Eh i placed a bet with you right? Regarding your cars...

hackzi said:
axl said:
Obviously Lionel was lying when he say he gotta keep this goldie-topless beauty for the next couple of years... :dance:

Btw bro, still owe you $70!! Maybe can sms me yr POSB or UOB a/c?? Paiseh, so long leow...

Errm... got other priorities now mah... so downgrade to something more affordable and practical lor... :verysad:

Woah, at that price difference for the Spec B (almost $25k), does make the Legacy GT a better buy, in my opinion, with no worries over spare parts,

If im not wrong..he'll sell it before it gets any problems whatsoever!!!
hahahahahahahaha

T6 said:
Woah, at that price difference for the Spec B (almost $25k), does make the Legacy GT a better buy, in my opinion, with no worries over spare parts,

T6 said:

Shouldn't have any problems with spares for jap cars in my opinion... quite a few capable tuners/workshops locally. The info I posted earlier is for the Spec B Limited Edition. There's a normal Spec B (with same technical specs) which should cost less but probably more than the ones (245PS) brought in by MotorImage.

Lionel bro... so qiao mtg you last night. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Really happy for you and Christine. :) :) :)

hi there.. i was considering both cars too. here's my take:

320 -
quite common on the road.
it has the 'i have arrived look'.
new model coming out soon, so expect prices to drop further
no chiong feeling. comfy car
heavier car, so fc is not as good
further mods very expensive

gt
not common, cos' i think at this price, people rather buy bm or merc to show the ability to afford.
attract stares, and also scratches
new model
brakes not very good, definitely need upgrade
got high chiong factor, can launch very well
mods are cheaper compared to bm
i am almost sure the rear leg room is bigger.

i love both cars btw. my good friend chose the bm, i chose the gt. both got no regrets. it depends on what you want. take you sweet time to think through what you want. it is afterall a very heavy investment. you should also consider the fact that you should try drive this car longer in order to stretch your dollar. in singapore, very expensive to trade cars actually.

btw, this forum is very helpful. keep asking all the questions.

ps.
'stick' means manual
i timed my 0-100km/h, avg 6.1secs. depending how i switch gear, can go below 6secs.

hi again

i finally test drove the GT today. salesman was good enough to let me take it out on a good run.

it was certainly an interesting experience. i was a bit surprised at the power delivery, i thought that it would be quite civilised with more torque at the low end but it wasnt like that. the car drives quite sedately up to about 4k rpm, then like a bat out hell after that. with foot planted on the floor ur up against the rev limit damn fast and and changing gear before you know it. 2 quick changes of gear later and your already in lose license territory. its a shame, i would have preferred mroe low end torque.

the steering was not too bad, its light, but communicative enough. there is understeer, but not too much. the brakes were okay, but definitely could use more stopping power.

all in all quite a different drive from the bm, which i think offers better usable torque. definitely the bm is a better driver in normal day to day circumstances, and i think the bm is also one i can push harder as it felt more planted and stable, plus you have the reasurrance of traction control if things get out of hand, which the GT doesnt.

but only downside is when i got out of the GT i had this big cheesy grin on my face, whereas getting out of the BM you get a smile at most.

i think i need to go try a bm again just to see if i can live without that kind of power...

only problem is i took the GF. she didnt like it, thought it was way too fast. anyway most everyone ive asked has said to get the bm....

i timed my 0-100km/h, avg 6.1secs. depending how i switch gear, can go below 6secs.
that was with a auto GT? im not surprised though, it felt way faster than the volvo s40 T5 i tried and thats meant to be over 6secs 0-100.

fordandford said:
hi there.. i was considering both cars too. here's my take:

320 -
quite common on the road.
it has the 'i have arrived look'.
new model coming out soon, so expect prices to drop further
no chiong feeling. comfy car
heavier car, so fc is not as good
further mods very expensive

gt
not common, cos' i think at this price, people rather buy bm or merc to show the ability to afford.
attract stares, and also scratches
new model
brakes not very good, definitely need upgrade
got high chiong factor, can launch very well
mods are cheaper compared to bm
i am almost sure the rear leg room is bigger.

i love both cars btw. my good friend chose the bm, i chose the gt. both got no regrets. it depends on what you want. take you sweet time to think through what you want. it is afterall a very heavy investment. you should also consider the fact that you should try drive this car longer in order to stretch your dollar. in singapore, very expensive to trade cars actually.

btw, this forum is very helpful. keep asking all the questions.

ps.
'stick' means manual
fordandford,

nice writeup, i agree on many points you stated.

BTW, you pi'd your car in?

That's a very good timing!

fordandford said:
ps.
'stick' means manual

hi there... wow, 6.1 secs is real sweet (how did you time it anyway?)! :shock:
may i ask if yours is the MotorImage version (245PS) or the JDM version (260/280PS)? If i'm not wrong, 245PS does the 100kmh dash in 6.8secs (paper specs).

was told for the JDM version, specs is 5.5secs for 0-100kmh! :shock:

after much soul searching, ive decided to go german. so currently on the lookout for a good condition post facelift 320i. if anyone knows of someone selling let me know. thanks to everyone for their helpful comments.

hopefully i wont get hit too much on depreciation when the new model comes out!

hiya
after a bit more soul searching i tried the 320 again and felt i couldnt live with the lack of power, so i finally signed for a S40 T5. just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their helpful advice.

mistraele said:
hiya
after a bit more soul searching i tried the 320 again and felt i couldnt live with the lack of power, so i finally signed for a S40 T5. just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their helpful advice.
Excellent choice!

Do you know of the Volvo.sg forums?

http://volvosg.netonlin.org

Anyway, do join us for our meetup this sunday with your new ride :) :thumbsup:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j88vip1biz
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups