BMW Performance Brakes

Re: BMW Performance Brakes

Just ordered a set of the performance brakes, both front and back for my ride. Waiting anxiously, 4-6weeks lead time. $3900, all inclusive. Hope I didn't make a wrong decision :)

wei0306;446199 said:
Just ordered a set of the performance brakes, both front and back for my ride. Waiting anxiously, 4-6weeks lead time. $3900, all inclusive. Hope I didn't make a wrong decision :)

hi bro,

the bmw performance brake now got rear 1s ah?? the rear 1s how many pot??

Rear one they have for 1-series. its 2-pot if I am not wrong, but the disc for the rear is the same as stock. Front is 6-pot.

Saw in this thread that the BMW Performance Brakes are actually Brembo ? Is it true ?

wt_know;446078 said:
bimmer being RWD, does that mean rear brake upgrade is "better" compare to front brake ?

Always upgrade the fronts first. Reason being the weight transfer is all to the front when you hit the brakes. The rears are only for balancing purposes which is why they tend to be smaller than the fronts MOST of the time.

wei0306;446215 said:
Rear one they have for 1-series. its 2-pot if I am not wrong, but the disc for the rear is the same as stock. Front is 6-pot.

Saw in this thread that the BMW Performance Brakes are actually Brembo ? Is it true ?

yep, it's true.
just google images - BMW Perf. Brakes

You can find the brembo words embossed along the sides.

Speed-Religion-BMW-Performance-6-Piston-Front-Brake-Calliper.jpg

can see the word 'brembo' engrave on the caliper

Speed-Religion-BMW-Performance-6-Piston-Front-Brake-Calliper2.jpg

wei0306;446215 said:
Rear one they have for 1-series. its 2-pot if I am not wrong,
but the disc for the rear is the same as stock. Front is 6-pot.

Saw the brake calipers in the flesh. For a 6 potter, it sure is big.

Before you settle on the brakes, you need to check whether they're compatible with your rims? what do you look for with respect to your rims? offset? etc?

jvhuiz;441948 said:
so far they've only got brakes upgrade for the front

For E90, PML has only the front performance brakes? can they offer the rear also? Is the offer still available? thanks !

Jadis;446842 said:
For E90, PML has only the front performance brakes? can they offer the rear also? Is the offer still available? thanks !

Well, from the Principle of Joy (POJ) promotion that just passed last weekend, they sell as a whole kit itself (6-pot front only) on the POJ pricing which is $2600 for E90. If its the list price, can indent as you like, e.g. can get both front and back. But the price can be as high as $5K++.

Fixing these tomorrow (front only), any advice what to check after its installed? Also the new "feeling" I should expect after putting new "socks" on?? Just wanna make sure I know what to expect. Thanks guys.

Hi folks, just sent in my ride (E90 LCI) to PML Alexander yesterday to have my Performance Brakes installed and apparently there needs to be some software programming required to "sync" the new brakes to the OBC and was told that it will take about 2 days to do so. Just did a follow up call to PML on Day 2 and it seems that they're encountering some problems with the OBC not being able to sync with the Performance Brakes. Any blokes in our network facing/ or have faced similar issues?

Cheers!

jnoelq;449128 said:
Hi folks, just sent in my ride (E90 LCI) to PML Alexander yesterday to have my Performance Brakes installed and apparently there needs to be some software programming required to "sync" the new brakes to the OBC and was told that it will take about 2 days to do so. Just did a follow up call to PML on Day 2 and it seems that they're encountering some problems with the OBC not being able to sync with the Performance Brakes. Any blokes in our network facing/ or have faced similar issues?

Cheers!

Thats not too good. They shld have tested all these before they push out the sales :wtf: . I am going to have mine delivered pretty soon, so guess have to prepare to leave my car there for at least 2 days :shakehea:

How about bros here who installed 3rd party brakes like Brembo ? Any requirements to 'sync' with the OBC or any software changes required after installation ?

Thanks.

Hi folks, just to follow up to my posting on the Performance Brakes. Collected my ride yesterday with it all done up and first impressions in the looks department, it is spankingly GOOD! :whipper:

Spoke to the service adviser about the "sync-ing" issue with the OBC and he said it took the technical guys quite a few rounds of software running (not too sure what they do there) to get the OBC to recognize the new Performance Brakes. This is mainly for the brake pad wear indicator and for the DTC to "sync" with the new brakes.

Now on the actual driving side, it's much grippier than the stock ones and brake fade doesn't set it as quick esp on scorching hot tarmac days. No regrets with it thus far except with the issue hoping that PML could have gotten the programming side all sorted out before hand so that customers won't have to be missing their "babies" for 2 whole days.

Cheers!

jnoelq;449845 said:
Hi folks, just to follow up to my posting on the Performance Brakes. Collected my ride yesterday with it all done up and first impressions in the looks department, it is spankingly GOOD! :whipper:

Spoke to the service adviser about the "sync-ing" issue with the OBC and he said it took the technical guys quite a few rounds of software running (not too sure what they do there) to get the OBC to recognize the new Performance Brakes. This is mainly for the brake pad wear indicator and for the DTC to "sync" with the new brakes.

Now on the actual driving side, it's much grippier than the stock ones and brake fade doesn't set it as quick esp on scorching hot tarmac days. No regrets with it thus far except with the issue hoping that PML could have gotten the programming side all sorted out before hand so that customers won't have to be missing their "babies" for 2 whole days.

Cheers!

photos pls........

jnoelq;449845 said:

Cheers!

Nice ! Good to know they are good. Congratulations !

Was at PML yesterday, told that my brakes will be in this week too. They also said need 2 days to install including programming. Hope they can sort out faster this time.

Please note that if you have Mobridge Bluetooth set installed, we may need to disconnect this 3rd party device before going to PML for the Perfromance Brake "sync-ing". Will update you guys.

jseah_70;452064 said:
Please note that if you have Mobridge Bluetooth set installed, we may need to disconnect this 3rd party device before going to PML for the Perfromance Brake "sync-ing". Will update you guys.
sorry for my ignorance. is this Mobridge Bluetooth for handsfree connection with mobile phone? where can I get this?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mksportooo

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back