BMWSG Sepang Track Day 3 Sept 2011 Registration

Re: BMWSG Sepang Track Day 3 Sept 2011 Registration

adjial;678220 said:
Hi.

are you guys still accepting any cars, if it's in time to make payment.

nope registration is closed...pls check in for next track day.

Shawn, I don't think I'll be able to make it if it's the 12.30pm slot as I have a wedding dinner to attend on the same night. If it is confirmed for the 12.30pm - 3.30pm slot, could you please roll-forward my trackday fees for the next one, thanks.

phil, i roger your above. additionally we have rollovers for brendan, gerald and eggz, and a refund for zaniak.

CRpeng and Niva, if you received my message pls reply me.

So in total we now have 44 cars confirmed for the track. There may be some more pullouts coming up in the next few days, so those in the waitlist top few, pls be contactable I will let you guys know as soon as the pullouts dips under 40. Thanks y'all for your understanding :)

Shawn,

I'll be there just to help out.

'The Great White'

Ok brendan is re-included coz he can make it, additionally we have rollovers from EY, Wei Nien, Carrie, Mark, kelvin, PC Yiu and Liam.

From the waitlist we now have included YZY, Eric Liew, Alywn. This gives us exactly 40 cars for now. The next person on the waitlist is Cincau at no.5.

Pls note that any additional pullouts from now on, the rollover/ refund possibility will be subject to getting replacements.

Everyone please read the safety brief FAQ. Pls do not be late for the safety brief at 1215pm (many times some guys are late, which make things pretty rushed), and also download the indemnity form to pre-fill and just pass it to me.

Also, I will be posting the Dec 10, 9-12pm track day registration next monday 6 sept at 12pm in the track section sub folder.Thanks guys!

hi... pls download the indemnity form from the link which you can find on post #1 of this thread. :)

VJ and greg rollover to next TD, taken over by shiming and linus.
godjira will rollover to next TD, and Dominic will take his slot.
machoman will rollover to next TD and simon kastono will take his slot.

We now still have 40 cars exactly.

Peter would now like to give up his slot. Is there anyone who would like to take over?

guy pls remember SAFETY BRIEF is at 1215PM. PLS GATHER INSIDE THE COMMON ROOM AT THAT TIME. pls hor tolong.

And if anyone wishes to join the track day, we still have a slot or 2.

Thanks Shawn, Allan cannot make it in the end, unfortunately.

Shawn, thanks for organizing another great trackday. Talk about sacrifice... a rushed 700km roundtrip just to work stuff out!

==

Good weather at last...

Jeremy in his just his 2nd dry trackday in his new 550 drop kicks SIC in the face with a 26.8 (Hoosiers) and a 28.8 (stock Corsas). Yet more to go..
Arthur drives his personal best by far. Lots more to go... And his car best is further lowered (38.3 with 3 spots of traffic and pretty dead tires)

==

Kenneth, thanks so much for the Atom test. Extremely fun 4 hotlaps. What a great little car. Sweet how much feedback comes through the wheel and how progressive the breakaway. Can totally understand how the car is capable of low 20s. Watched my video and am highly embarrassed with the crappy laptimes! Please keep them P & C :D Will upload highlights soon hahah.

Hotlaps 1 2, and 4 were consistent, but consistently bad lol. Besides lacking skill, I blame lack of familiarity with the shifter slop, gearing gaps, speed it carries, low offset steering wheel for my stupid legs, harness way too loose even at adj limit (was moving around alot in the seat and the elastic return-cord was pulling it off shoulder constantly). The multiple mis-shifts from 5th 'down' to 5th when the target was 3rd, were especially damaging to laptime. Don't worry though.. no mis-shifts from 5th to 1st! :D

Looking forward to getting our own Atom and getting a few more laps in. Dead sure I can be in the low 20s with a bit more familiarization and the ergonomics sorted for my freak frame. On second thought the steering loads aren't as high as karts. It's just how far the steering ended up from me, after sliding the seat back far enough in order for legs to clear the steering wheel. Miss the car already!

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks Shawn for yet another great TD 1 And your S5 might fast :D

Thanks Shaun for all your help as well. Program really works :goodup: And for kicking the laws of physics in the face as well View attachment 32198

We have 2 no-shows but since we are just nice at 40 cars, I cannot give any refunds nor rollovers for them. and since we had space, Michael joined us, using Dominic's slot.

Guys, just a headsup. We have 17 cars rolling over for 10 Dec track day. I will include these names as I post up the registration thread. I'm seeing a bigger proportion of rollovers nowadays, so I will re-look this policy after this final track day of 2011 for bmwsg.

Racebred;679967 said:
We have 2 no-shows but since we are just nice at 40 cars, I cannot give any refunds nor rollovers for them. and since we had space, Michael joined us, using Dominic's slot.

Guys, just a headsup. We have 17 cars rolling over for 10 Dec track day. I will include these names as I post up the registration thread. I'm seeing a bigger proportion of rollovers nowadays, so I will re-look this policy after this final track day of 2011 for bmwsg.

Mate do it like other organizers such that there is only one rollover then the fee is forfeited after the subsequent track day.

yes, that's what I'm thinking too. Once you rollover, you must attend the next track day. Otherwise there may be squatters who keep taking up 1 slot out of the 40, preventing others from signing up. Or, no rollovers. Just that i have to set up internet transfer accounts to return all these money if i have to refund...., and means more inflows to monitor when the registration for the next TD opens a few days later. Anyways, I'll think of something for next year's registration process.

Shaun;679877 said:
Kenneth, thanks so much for the Atom test. Extremely fun 4 hotlaps. What a great little car. Sweet how much feedback comes through the wheel and how progressive the breakaway. Can totally understand how the car is capable of low 20s. Watched my video and am highly embarrassed with the crappy laptimes! Please keep them P & C :D Will upload highlights soon hahah.

Hotlaps 1 2, and 4 were consistent, but consistently bad lol. Besides lacking skill, I blame lack of familiarity with the shifter slop, gearing gaps, speed it carries, low offset steering wheel for my stupid legs, harness way too loose even at adj limit (was moving around alot in the seat and the elastic return-cord was pulling it off shoulder constantly). The multiple mis-shifts from 5th 'down' to 5th when the target was 3rd, were especially damaging to laptime. Don't worry though.. no mis-shifts from 5th to 1st! :D

Looking forward to getting our own Atom and getting a few more laps in. Dead sure I can be in the low 20s with a bit more familiarization and the ergonomics sorted for my freak frame. On second thought the steering loads aren't as high as karts. It's just how far the steering ended up from me, after sliding the seat back far enough in order for legs to clear the steering wheel. Miss the car already!

Cheers

Thanks Shawn/RB for another excellent TD. I had loads of fun on the track :)

No problem Shaun :) Sorry about the seat harness, it was setup for people of my build :)

Glad that you enjoyed the drive. Every time I drive the car, I rediscover my love for it. Now I am wondering why I bought the other car for!!

I did a 2.26 actual and a 2.23 theoretical, so low 20s for you is definite :)

Yeah, the synchros in the gearbox is going, I am having it and the engine rebuild now as there is no scheduled TCC, BMW or Nova trackdays till November. The car has done 5400km in Sepang, so I guess it is due for a rebuild :)

If you do get an Ariel, let me know, I will be more than glad to share my setup data with you and also sources for Ariel's parts.

just a review on a M3 comp which i tried for a few laps on track last saturday. thanks for that J.

i just about hopped out of my car on a few hot laps...so still alot noise n drama in my head when i got into the calm of the M3.

i noticed i din know what speeds i was going at. no sense of sound or drama...very insulated. i cudnt hear the exos note as well. did not know gearing. brake pedal too far to right for me to left foot brake properly. gearing abit strange cos i wasnt used to it. undecided about which gears to use in some corners.

-2nd seems strange in T2. 3rd gear seems too little torque.
-pull to T4 cud use full throttle...brake at 140mark. 2nd gear into 4th...
-hold 3rd gear across 5-6..see about 115kmh around T5.
-up to 4 n quickly back to 3rd gear for 7/8...cud feel the weight most here..but car still felt planted. tires held...some chirping.
-bk up to 4th gear...n braked at 120marker for T9. 2nd gear into 9...took it easy here again danger of possible spin cos of camber.
-2nd to 3rd....across 10 n into 11. lifted off...let car settled. slight dab of brakes...right hand across 11..again weight issue...applied early throttle..ooolala. car started to drift out n was going into a spin...but feedback from steering was very good. adjusted...caught some slide..but still slipping...adjusted a wee bit more...n caught it. no big drama.
-T12 at 4th gear..brakes were excellent into T14.
-T15..strange one. not sure 2nd gear or 3rd better....
-T15. again high speed braking was very good and straight.

all in..alot of good n bad. feels quite assisted altho feedback from the chasis coming thru the wheel was great. suspension on the comp can be lot firmer for track work..but probably exceleent for street driving. brakes were surprisingly strong for 3 hot laps. brake modulation is good as well. u can adjust mid corner with brakes to let front end bite deeper for more turn ins. weight issue cant be helped cos this is still a daily drive kind of car.

i dislike the DCT. is there such a thing as being too smooth? too many gears....some corners i dunno if 2nd or 3rd is better. 7th gear is not needed in SIC. short gearing..too insulated. u need a louder exos for more feel...but then im half deaf.

all in all. was a very fun car to track in...and highly adjustable. love the brakes, suspension and the chasis + steering.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
500aeesite

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back