BMWSG Sepang Track Day 30 July 2011 registration

Re: BMWSG Sepang Track Day 30 July 2011 registration

Thanks Shawn for another great trackday! :) Thanks also to the few who dropped out last minute for indirectly subsidizing what turned out to be a low traffic trackday at roughly 32-34 cars only.

Track was a little wet as expected, but that didn't stop the fun:

King Arthur does his personal best by far in his M5. His M5 also runs its fastest laps ever so far, 2 laps in 2 separate outings, 1 of them run before first hot bleed of 6 psi, 1 of them after, going deep sub 40, damp track, traffic, passenger. No 3rd attempt is made due to coaching focus.

Harold loses his dislike of the wet and of street tires, and is now hooked on driving both. Big increase in smoothness and speed for a given tire. Learns there is absolutely nothing wrong with driving street tires. SL power and grip, balance.. yeah.

Ryan does his personal best by far, in his Z4M - 2:34.2 - very first hotlap of stint. Driftmaster likes the rain!

Ted gets hooked on track driving...very good driver esp for his first time tracking a car. But of course.. he's a race karter :D m3 gts at home on track!

Jeremy's new RWD special edition (beautiful beast of a car, lovely handling) runs its marginally best lap so far of 2:31.2, corsas, with passenger, damp track and drizzling too, 3 cars traffic at 2 of the most critical turns - 1 car being a well driven and quick GTR piloted by a good friend who really did not yield the line easy for a few turns :D

Liam does his personal best in his new GT3RS! 29s I believe... awesome!

Good video of Jack's Porker eating a squealing Porky.

Met Gerald81, Charles and Kenny for the first time, and Simon again..

Last edited by a moderator:

It sure looked like a fun day. I really got to get my car ready for the next one!
Nice meeting everyone there. Cheers.

RB..
Thx for good effort put in mate.

Dataface,
Post e vid soon yah... Thx

Last but not least, thx to those who took pics n shared here

Sorry to all those good n fast drivers if my slow 135 block the way...

clara25;668116 said:
Sorry to all those good n fast drivers if my slow 135 block the way...

135i slow???

cheers

Clara
Not at all ah
So long we understand the rules of cool down laps n letting the faster cars overtake you then ntg is considered blocking

Shaun;668034 said:
Track was a little wet as expected, but that didn't stop there

Harold loses his dislike of the wet and of street tires, and is now hooked on driving both. Biig increase in smoothness and speed for a given tire. Learns there is absolutely nothing wrong with driving street tires.

Data Face,

Awesome getting the lines looked at by you mate.

In spite of having to go back to the drawing board on lines and coming out with lap times that would make newbies laugh, I must say I wish I had worked my lines way earlier and on road tires.

Mate, last two days were phenomenal for my learning. Can't wait to sort myself out and beat my evo and rs times. And this time I know will be doing it consistently and with understanding rather than out of sheer luck!

Awesome stuff buddy!

TripleM;668167 said:
Clara
Not at all ah
So long we understand the rules of cool down laps n letting the faster cars overtake you then ntg is considered blocking

Hmmm there was a bit of blocking going on from what I experienced. Not Clara but a certain rear engine light coloured metallic car with no roof... But all in fun....

Speaking of which.... That silver 996 Turbo S pictured was incredibly fast down the straights.... Amazing stuff! ;) hehe. Awesome car mate. I was the white lambo superleggera running with u for a lap or so. I had zero chance with u on the straights. What the heck do u have running under that engine lid?! A jet fighter?? Every time we hit the straights and your turbos spooled up I just had to wave goodbye!

harold996tt;668183 said:
Hmmm there was a bit of blocking going on from what I experienced. Not Clara but a certain rear engine light coloured metallic car with no roof... But all in fun....

Speaking of which.... That silver 996 Turbo S pictured was incredibly fast down the straights.... Amazing stuff! ;) hehe. Awesome car mate. I was the white lambo superleggera running with u for a lap or so. I had zero chance with u on the straights. What the heck do u have running under that engine lid?! A jet fighter?? Every time we hit the straights and your turbos spooled up I just had to wave goodbye!

Ooops....that would be me. Didn't mean to hold you back from trying to improve your track time. Just enjoyed our friendly race.. your car sounds great and superb in the corners. I'm just running a mildly tuned turbo s :laughlik: Apologizes if I obstructed you in any way.
BTW did you come with some other LP560s? I met 3 on the drive back and had a nice run with them as well.
Thanks to Shawn again for the effort and patience of organizing...we all owe him a heap of thanks.
Also yzygold for the superb pictures.

Thanks Shawn for organizing another great trackday !

And thanks Shaun for all your help. PBs in the rain with traffic (extra slow in the rain) in a RWD piggy family sedan with passenger is amazing View attachment 31728

c1.jpg

d1.jpg

b.jpg

a.jpg

Here are some of my shots.. NOT SO CLEAR THIS TIME THOUGH.. my apologies!!

Vijay's S3
CSC_0098.jpg

M3-GTS
CSC_0099.jpg

Heeraj's Boxster
CSC_0100.jpg

Toto's Gallardo
CSC_0101.jpg

R35 GTR
CSC_0104.jpg

more to come later!!

Uncle Dave's CTR running on SLICKS!!
CSC_0105.jpg

Clara's 135i
CSC_0107.jpg

Dennis' Roc R
CSC_0108.jpg

STi
CSC_0111.jpg

Greg's Golf
CSC_0113.jpg

Liam's GT3RS
CSC_0114.jpg

Nice pics guys
Thx for sharing really

the front and side skirt almost touched the floor!!!
CSC_0124.jpg

CSC_0125.jpg

very fast turbo!
CSC_0126.jpg

CSC_0127.jpg

Ronnie's 997 Turbo
CSC_0131.jpg

Another shot on Uncle Dave
CSC_0134.jpg

GT3CS
CSC_0135.jpg

Toto's Gallardo
CSC_0137.jpg

LOVE THESE 6 SHOTS FROM THE WHOLE TRACK DAY!!!

CSC_0138.jpg

CSC_0140.jpg

CSC_0141.jpg

CSC_0142.jpg

Pat's Mugen RR
CSC_0143.jpg

CSC_0144.jpg

gonna go to bed alr.. will post more in school tmr!!

No worries Nigel

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n6663

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups