BMWSG Sepang Track Day 30 July 2011 registration

Re: BMWSG Sepang Track Day 30 July 2011 registration

Dave Jr;668265 said:
Uncle Jack, sorry didn't take any shots of your GT3.. all came up rather blur and had to delete them!!

Great shots!
Thanks!

LAST 4 SHOTS!!

Greg's Golf
CSC_0146.jpg

Vijay's S3
CSC_0147.jpg

CSC_0148.jpg

Vijay's S3
CSC_0151.jpg

Sorry for those that i've missed out.. Only managed to snap some when there wasn't any rain...

TILL NEXT TD!!! see yah!!

CHEERS!

A big thanks to everyone for making this track day possible. It was really fun. Personally I like a bit of a damp track so that there's more variety to your driving. There were several no-shows. I'm sorry that once the pullouts hit the 40 car limit, I will not be able to offer refunds nor rollovers else we will run into losses.

I had the best time in the Atom.. A really big thanks to Kenneth, who's really generous to let me have a go in his little monster. This car is really the ultimate track car for me, not only because it gives you a good track attack timing, but also because it is so adjustable, slidy at times, and above all, without respect, this is a very unforgiving car. The adjustability gives you good fun. We know drifting a car doesnt give you good timing, but it sure as hell gives you max fun!!

The car forces you to be really disciplined with the throttle, and not just in the usual sense of not requesting max power all the time. If you are a closed loop driver, used to adjusting thottle positions to find grip or trim your lines, by say 2-3% throttle adjustments at a time, then you'll need to change your style. The supercharged version produces so much torque that even slight throttle changes will change your line. It forces you to commit to a throttle position, which requires confidence in the car and the track surface. Similar steering input adjustments changes your line instead of trimming it. This requires max discipline to drive into a corner. You have to trust the lean (and also the aero).

The fun comes when you are exiting the corner, coz it's all about getting the throttle gradually wider while countersteering your way out on the ideal line. If you "instinctively" lift off the throttle when you experience slip, the car tucks in too much and you upset the balance. What a really really fun car. The supercharger whine is louder than any other sound produced by the car, the brakes are firm and so easy to modulate, the non-assisted steering very direct and giving you the really important feedback, the gearbox so tight as direct, and the power... omg the power, it was easily the fastest accelerating thing out on the track that day. A third gear WOT run to redline is not for the faint hearted. Thanks kenneth, I want to get one now. :) :) :)

I also wanna thank all the trackkies who helped to orientate the newbies to the track. And also to Alvin, to whom I have pushed extra cars into his convoy to go up in. And to the guys who helped me at the registration desk and those who helped me gather everybody for the briefing. Thanks, couldnt have done it alone. Thumbs up to an incident free day.

I've gone to book the dates for 2012 already, last saturday. We shall see pretty soon in their reply if they are indeed free dates which we can secure. Fingers crossed. Also, pls check the official thread for the accounting, for those who are interested.

BTW, I shall go ahead to refund the no-show extra drivers (not the original $195 but the $45) because they do not impact on the accounting and its only fair.

hcsiow;668188 said:
Ooops....that would be me. Didn't mean to hold you back from trying to improve your track time. Just enjoyed our friendly race.. your car sounds great and superb in the corners. I'm just running a mildly tuned turbo s :laughlik: Apologizes if I obstructed you in any way.
BTW did you come with some other LP560s? I met 3 on the drive back and had a nice run with them as well.
Thanks to Shawn again for the effort and patience of organizing...we all owe him a heap of thanks.
Also yzygold for the superb pictures.

hahaha... No worries mate, it was all in good fun.... and your car is ridiculously fast! Great stuff. Nah the Lambo's coming back were the guys that went to Genting after the Lambo track day the day before. Will say hi to you next track day mate....

Elite;668190 said:
Thanks Shawn for organizing another great trackday !

And thanks Shaun for all your help. PBs in the rain with traffic (extra slow in the rain) in a RWD piggy family sedan with passenger is amazing View attachment 31728

Congrats bro!!! I ran my personal worst. hahaha but freak it was fun.... gimme a couple track days to learn the Ascendant lines in my lampahghini.

harold996tt;668672 said:
Congrats bro!!! I ran my personal worst. hahaha but freak it was fun.... gimme a couple track days to learn the Ascendant lines in my lampahghini.

personal worst. :liar::goodup:

Dave Jr;668265 said:
Uncle Jack, sorry didn't take any shots of your GT3.. all came up rather blur and had to delete them!!

Dont worry mate, his car is so blady ugly its better you didn't have any pics.

Btw thanks for the pics of me! I look so awesome.

totoseow;668684 said:
personal worst. :liar::goodup:

u the a-hole that convinced me to buy this piece of junk lampahghini!!! hahaha.

MATE I LOVE IT!!!!!

Nigel, Thank you for taking a picture of the Boxster S :D

Had a good run with the Atom for a good 3 laps. Best fun i hv had so far i must say.
Was tat u RB or Discom? It all ended when i saw the car off the track in T3 from my rear view mirror.
Hope no damage to the car

TripleM;668809 said:
Had a good run with the Atom for a good 3 laps. Best fun i hv had so far i must say.
Was tat u RB or Discom? It all ended when i saw the car off the track in T3 from my rear view mirror.

bastard. no racing allowed. Discom driving.

totoseow;668817 said:
bastard. no racing allowed. Discom driving.

Nx time I see Stig coming I will flick my peesai n hope it lands on his windscreen

TripleM;668809 said:

Yeah..that was me. Ran out of skill in T3 and decided to go straight into the gravel instead of trying to recover and possibly spin on the track. Car was not damaged and managed to reverse out.

But yeah, it was great fun :) Especially when Toto joined in.

The way ur car can brake so late in T1 and take the inside line was incredible! If you want to drive the Atom, let me know on sept 3rd :)

Dave Jr;668425 said:
... Sorry for those that i've missed out.. Only managed to snap some when there wasn't any rain...

TILL NEXT TD!!! see yah!!

CHEERS!

Nigel,

Uncle Shaun was mad you didn't take pics of the family sedan with the cool Ascendant stickers that make the car rain proof :laughlik::laughlik::laughlik:

Next TD eh ... lol !

discom;669051 said:
Yeah..that was me. Ran out of skill in T3 and decided to go straight into the gravel instead of trying to recover and possibly spin on the track. Car was not damaged and managed to reverse out.

But yeah, it was great fun :) Especially when Toto joined in.

The way ur car can brake so late in T1 and take the inside line was incredible! If you want to drive the Atom, let me know on sept 3rd :)

He also raced? Bastid...

Ok thx Kenneth for the kind offer but won't b going up this time.

Another time mate.

harold996tt;668672 said:

Thanks mate !!! Think Shaun would have told you already -- instead of waiting a couple of TDs, you can start learning the Ascendant lines day and night, rain or shine in one of these :yikess:

View attachment 31759

View attachment 31760

King Arthur
Post Vid leh

Elite;669080 said:
Nigel,

Uncle Shaun was mad you didn't take pics of the family sedan with the cool Ascendant stickers that make the car rain proof :laughlik::laughlik::laughlik:

Next TD eh ... lol !

Hey hey! If you're mad, just admit it hehahah.. don't project it onto me please! :)

Nigel, Arthur is making stuff up ok? :)

===

Kenneth, can I please substitute for Jack since he'll be away this time? :D

Shaun;669087 said:
Hey hey! If you're mad, just admit it hehahah.. don't project it onto me please! :)

Nigel, Arthur is making stuff up ok? :)

===

Kenneth, can I please substitute for Jack since he'll be away this time? :D

I must admit, the magic rain proof stickers are growing on me -- :thumbsup:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
45678dev
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups