BMWSG Sepang Track Day Sat 7 May

Re: BMWSG Sepang Track Day Sat 7 May

UK_STi;639838 said:
Thanks for loaning me the vbox! Its really awesome man! Hope to share more along the way...

Driving and racing is my life! Love being on the track haha

When you tracking your new toy??

Bro feel free to use it anytime.

Will be bringing the new toy to MB Motorsport track day. Less than 15 cars! Dataface will be logging me and criticising the hell out of me then. June 10.

Shaun;640003 said:
Thanks bro. Your 2:07 in the MR2 in 2001 was awesome to witness too. I showed Kiang the stopwatch in the pitlane after that and he told me he didn't believe it. But the stopwatch doesn't lie! Why is your current Evo so slow?

Pah! I can run sepang BACKWARDS in sub 2 minute, and verified with timing off my g shock. I press the buttons. then take a photo of the watch to show you. You bunch of pussies.

TripleM;640008 said:
yeah , easy to pull sub 2.40 in those Spyder of yours Wil...

Not with you driving it.

wilman2772;640009 said:
Can't also........with the roof up, not recommeded to go above 200km/h......:juggle:

U got Pbox boh??

'The Great White'

I can lend anyone a Pbox at any track day. 5 min set up. No need to speculate timing. Saved to HD card and I can print out all the data you want for dataface to log and confirm.

Or if want more drama, can borrow my Vbox that Gerald used to clock his videos.

jwwu;640018 said:
Because:
- i was using old tires
- car not fully boosting
- there was heavy traffic on the track
- weather was too hot
- I forgot to turn off aircon (and ipod)
- was not really pushing it (shakedown only)
- setup not right
- accidentally left traction control on
- and my bladder was too full

Basically, any and every reason other than: I'm not a good driver :woottt:

CLASSIC!!!!!

But I admit it- the only reason for my timings is my CRAP DRIVING ABILITY! Nothing else could explain it. Maybe I gotta stop data logging myself and then my times will miraculously go down by 10 seconds.

shitt all this while i hv been driving in auto mode. i thot that means i can auto matically b fast. 2min is nothing. i once did 30 seconds in 1st gear.

Yah right.. 30 seconds? I think you're BSing. My cousin did around 37 seconds just last week at a private test session. AMG with nos, but he's a pro driver (F3) and only GP2 or F1 drivers can possibly drive under 36 sec.

MachoMan;640099 said:
Cool. I was thinking of DIY-ing a front splitter. But my car already oversteers a lot as it is. GT wing sounds good. Just that it looks a bit kuku with my tiny stock exahust :thinking:

You'll see it in your data too. Higher lats, lower longs in the upper speed range.

Shaun;640202 said:
You'll see it in your data too. Higher lats, lower longs in the upper speed range.

Cool. But I think I'll play around with my alignment and suspension settings more first. A book that I read said we should maximise mechanical grip first, before going for aerodynamic grip. is this true?

In tracked roadcar context, yes.. but make sure driver is first in the ballpark else easy to waste settings and parts to get a car the way an inefficient driver likes and end up inefficient overall - expensive car and parts all set up wrong to crutch wrong driving

Racebred;640266 said:
some say mechanical grip is a myth.

heheh next time bolt on solid shocks to their car before they go out for a lap and then see if that changes their mind

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n6663

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back