Bought the MY09 E92 M3 coupe

Re: Bought the MY09 E92 M3 coupe

Received the full spec sheet from my SE.. thought I could just share some of the equipment that went into this car.

Bi-Xenon for low-beam and high beam
Cruise control
PDC front & rear
Navigation System Professional
BMW Individual headliner anthracite
BMW Individual high-end audio system - someone with better english enlighten me on the definition of high end)
BMW Individual high-gloss shadow line
Comfort access system - this is really a useful feature. love it.
Fox red extended
Floor mats in velour - what's velour?
Headlight washer system
Rain sensor
High beam assistant - how does this work?
Multi-functional leather steering wheel
Roller sunblind for rear windscreen
NB: Got the SE to throw in the black kidney grill for me

Looks pretty complete to me. Are most cars in SG equipped in this manner?

I'm also looking to get it tinted. Need some advice from more experienced folks around here.

Cheers!

Yep it is! Mine has the same PML spec, usually pretty much sufficient! The High Beam Assistant thing is just that the sensors detect road lighting condition and adjust Xenons accordingly :)

precurser;485890 said:
Received the full spec sheet from my SE.. thought I could just share some of the equipment that went into this car.

Bi-Xenon for low-beam and high beam
Cruise control
PDC front & rear
Navigation System Professional
BMW Individual headliner anthracite
BMW Individual high-end audio system - someone with better english enlighten me on the definition of high end)
BMW Individual high-gloss shadow line
Comfort access system - this is really a useful feature. love it.
Fox red extended
Floor mats in velour - what's velour?
Headlight washer system
Rain sensor
High beam assistant - how does this work?
Multi-functional leather steering wheel
Roller sunblind for rear windscreen
NB: Got the SE to throw in the black kidney grill for me

Looks pretty complete to me. Are most cars in SG equipped in this manner?

I'm also looking to get it tinted. Need some advice from more experienced folks around here.

Cheers!

High end audio system just refer to the premium Harman Kardon system I believe.
Velour is a fancy word of sorts for that smooth carpet material that's quite commonly used.
High beam assistantance turns your high beams on/off accordingly depending on conditions and traffic... much more applicable for when I used to do those long cross-state driving at night rather than in SG where it's so well lit. Also, your headlamps must be set to automatic for the high beam assistantance to work.

It's pretty complete, as are many cars in SG, as PML doesn't often let you custom indent, so every unit has to be decently equipped. I made sure mine has voice control and bluetooth. It makes using a phone so much easier since it's not legal to use the phone while driving in SG. Does your's have that? Bluetooth can be retrofitted btw

On a side note, I bought the iPod 'Y' cable from US for a total of S$76 (US$55)... it costs a whopping S$200+ if you get it from PML.. such a rip-off... itf you have an ipod, ship a cable from the states instead, from GetBMWparts.com

khquek;485893 said:
High end audio system just refer to the premium Harman Kardon system I believe.
Velour is a fancy word of sorts for that smooth carpet material that's quite commonly used.
High beam assistantance turns your high beams on/off accordingly depending on conditions and traffic... much more applicable for when I used to do those long cross-state driving at night rather than in SG where it's so well lit. Also, your headlamps must be set to automatic for the high beam assistantance to work.

It's pretty complete, as are many cars in SG, as PML doesn't often let you custom indent, so every unit has to be decently equipped. I made sure mine has voice control and bluetooth. It makes using a phone so much easier since it's not legal to use the phone while driving in SG. Does your's have that? Bluetooth can be retrofitted btw

On a side note, I bought the iPod 'Y' cable from US for a total of S$76 (US$55)... it costs a whopping S$200+ if you get it from PML.. such a rip-off... itf you have an ipod, ship a cable from the states instead, from GetBMWparts.com

Yeah I forgotten to mention the car has voice control and bluetooth. Btw is it necessary to get a Y cable for ipod? I thought you can just use connect it with an auxillary cable since the car has an aux input.

Nope u definitely need a Y cable... I learnt my lesson for esitatin to get one:( no iPod music for 4 weeks:(

Yup, fortunately Y cable is a must. Just don't get it from PML. I haven't been back there since the day I picked up the car haha :)

As for tinting, it depends on whether you wanna stay legal or not. Legally speaking, its possibly only V kool and 3M which are real options

Oh and admist all these mods etc, try mastering the M-diff haha.. After being used to my old E46 330Ci and my 6.0L Pontaic GTO (aka Holden Monaro VXR), I kept over correcting on the first few drifts. The trick is that, with the M-diff, you just trust that the tail will come back. Unnerving the first few times though :)

khquek;485911 said:
Yup, fortunately Y cable is a must. Just don't get it from PML. I haven't been back there since the day I picked up the car haha :)

As for tinting, it depends on whether you wanna stay legal or not. Legally speaking, its possibly only V kool and 3M which are real options

Oh and admist all these mods etc, try mastering the M-diff haha.. After being used to my old E46 330Ci and my 6.0L Pontaic GTO (aka Holden Monaro VXR), I kept over correcting on the first few drifts. The trick is that, with the M-diff, you just trust that the tail will come back. Unnerving the first few times though :)

Do you have the direct link to the Y-cable in getbmwparts.com? Can't seem to locate it.

Thanks.

precurser;485939 said:
Do you have the direct link to the Y-cable in getbmwparts.com? Can't seem to locate it.

Thanks.
its probaly not displayed and have to search by part number.

but was told in another thread tat they do not ship overseas anymore becoz BMW AG intervened.

sorry, forgot to mention another VERY useful site. RealOEM.com Online BMW Parts Catalog

It has all the part numbers of all OEM parts. use that to find part numbers like those for the Y-cable

Search getbmwparts by the part numbers.

There's probably truth in the "no more shipping overseas" logic, but that just stops BMW USA from shipping parts here. It doesn't stop a middle-man from buying the parts in USA and shipping it here personally ;)

Collected my E92 M3 DCT Coupe at Alexandra after work yesterday:

img8098r.jpg

Everything went smoothly and I was even given $2,000 voucher to be used in PML (servicing, parts, accessories). Just guess their margin?

Running it in is such a torture :D

Drooling. Awesome machine. Wish i can get 1 too

565 :thinking:

I ll be looking out for yr car on the road:woowooo:

14m3;489664 said:
Drooling. Awesome machine. Wish i can get 1 too

Go Elvis Go........

MTL....

cheers

Congras man........................

precurser;489660 said:

img8098r.jpg

Everything went smoothly and I was even given $2,000 voucher to be used in PML (servicing, parts, accessories). Just guess their margin?

precurser;489660 said:

Gratz!!

Yeah running in is a pain...just wondering...do workshop provide some sort of running in service? Like they run it on those ermm machine thingy like they were doing dyno test or something?

Just did first oil change at BOSS today, must tell u the feeling after running it in is..... Awesome. DCT is actually fun to shift now, going to the higher RPMs!!

Hope I'm not too late to congratulate you.

Time for some Eisenmann Goodies. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tk88betcomvn
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back