Buying 2nd hand BMW

Re: Buying 2nd hand BMW

Hi new here, can I enquire about servicing? Got a used E60 - PML maintained but shop says I can't go back there anymore because the car is now QBE covered, thus I have to go their panel of workshops for the warranty to be valid. Is it ok if I ignore the warranty coverage and continue with PML? Thoughts on this? Much appreciated thanks!

desmond_seow;1078309 said:
.. the car is now QBE covered, thus I have to go their panel of workshops for the warranty to be valid. ...!

Your question asked and answered.......

QBE is an insurance company. Some car dealers buy an extended warranty coverage from them to cover cars they sell. My car is also covered under QBE for 1 year "warranty". They have a few authorized workshops, and I think MBM is one of them.

IMHO you do not need to go back to those workshops for oil change servicing, but I think it'll cost you more to go to PML anyway... so why bother if your car is already out of warranty with PML? Engine oil is engine oil is engine oil. Just make sure they use good engine oil (or buy your own).

detach8;1078320 said:
QBE is an insurance company. Some car dealers buy an extended warranty coverage from them to cover cars they sell. My car is also covered under QBE for 1 year "warranty". They have a few authorized workshops, and I think MBM is one of them.

IMHO you do not need to go back to those workshops for oil change servicing, but I think it'll cost you more to go to PML anyway... so why bother if your car is already out of warranty with PML? Engine oil is engine oil is engine oil. Just make sure they use good engine oil (or buy your own).

BIG THANKS! I am not particular too:)

detach8;1078320 said:

IMHO you do not need to go back to those workshops for oil change servicing

Without knowing wat the warranty requirements are, tat statement is not entirely accurate. Most warranty statements require you to go to their workshops for servicing if you wan the warranty to be valid....

So the lawyer speeks

QBE covers warranty (as an insurance product) where you can claim repairs. It's not covered by a specific workshop. There's quite a few workshops to choose from and I think it doesn't hurt to service with the authorized workshops anyway, some of them are quite reputable.

Time to read font size 6 clauses... I will do so when I find time. Meanwhile...

MW U HOSEY BOH?

hosey!

You leh?

MW;1078327 said:
hosey!

You leh?

U say leh? I'm so hosey until I didn't come forum for almost half a year. Now I wanna post my NDP goodies up for sale again.

QBE warranty cover is bullshit on certain defects as my car came with highest rank of QBE warranty.

When my steering pump having loud noise, hard to steer, i go BCC (workshop of QBE) to help me claim and the manager there also agree it was defected.

Few hours later i received reject letter from QBE and they told me as long as steering pump shaft is not broken, it cannot consider defect.

So? ? ? Lemon law (Bang table during peak hour with load of customer) against dealer and i got it free replacement .

christopher ngo;1078361 said:
Lemon law (Bang table during peak hour with load of customer) against dealer and i got it free replacement .

Ohhhhh ok will bear that in mind!

I have been reading bmwsg forum for quite a while and knowing some site sponsors workshop is a reliable and able to address most of bimmer issues.

I m looking to get a used f10 523i but is worry about the car condition apart from the normal test drive plus I have no prior experience owning a bimmer. Hence, I would like to ask if any workshop do have any inspection service and able to advise the components and parts which should be replace by the car dealer before I sign on the dotted line and takeover the car? It's like some assessment service.

Please let me know also about the charges invoked for this kind of service should it be available and the require timeline.

Many thanks

valrossi;1078442 said:
I have been reading bmwsg forum for quite a while and knowing some site sponsors workshop is a reliable and able to address most of bimmer issues.

I m looking to get a used f10 523i but is worry about the car condition apart from the normal test drive plus I have no prior experience owning a bimmer. Hence, I would like to ask if any workshop do have any inspection service and able to advise the components and parts which should be replace by the car dealer before I sign on the dotted line and takeover the car? It's like some assessment service.

Please let me know also about the charges invoked for this kind of service should it be available and the require timeline.

Many thanks

Mostly charge you 80-120bucks. Most important must ask them hoist up check undercarriage for oil leakage, chasis condition. Many kind of defect can be trace if you hoist up and remove undercarriage protection cover.

christopher ngo;1078445 said:
Mostly charge you 80-120bucks. Most important must ask them hoist up check undercarriage for oil leakage, chasis condition. Many kind of defect can be trace if you hoist up and remove undercarriage protection cover.

Thanks Chris. Will request for the necessity.

I have actually pm r2d but so far no reply.

Just share here for reference ,

My client bought a 520i 2009 , dealer put price tag @ $108k. After marathon style bargaining . . . . . . dealer offer $90k. So the deal is set. Sign, pay and drive away. No 3rd party workshop inspection.

After 1 week, i help him send to my regular workshop for servicing . My mechanic help me to have a thoroughly inspection.

1. All chasis bars was badly worn out, some was bended.

2. Rear brake caliper jammed, brake pad fully worn, rotor fully worn.

3. All absorber leaked and defect.

4. Engine oil sump, tranny oil sump leaked.

5. Aircond leaked.

6. Exhaust leaked.

7. Wiper motor dead.

8. Chasis have some bodywork welding mark, not align.

My client decide not to repair and go back to dealer for bang door, bang table , bang bang bang.

End up dealer lan lan take back the car for repair , till now, car still in dealer workshop for 2 months.

My client driving vios supply by dealer. Pay bmw roadtax insurance but driving vios. Now he's regret not sent car for 3rd party workshop inspection . Some dealer might tell you only can send outside workshop for inspection once you confirm the deal.

I WILL pay 108k to the dealer IF he allows me to go to my own workshop for inspection and it passes. If ur fren bargained like hell till 90k and then now kpkb...too bad he thought he got a good deal.

MW;1078457 said:
I WILL pay 108k to the dealer IF he allows me to go to my own workshop for inspection and it passes. If ur fren bargained like hell till 90k and then now kpkb...too bad he thought he got a good deal.

this is human nature, from 108k to 90k, quite big discount. Want cheap, want good, want big susu.

Most of the 2nd hand dealer is professional phsycologist.they know how to tackle customer.

Buying 2nd hand BMW

Buying a pre owned car can be hair raising experience. It all depends on how the previous owner maintains and uses the car.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
df999today
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back