Buying 2nd hand BMW

Re: Buying 2nd hand BMW

valrossi;1078446 said:
Thanks Chris. Will request for the necessity.

I have actually pm r2d but so far no reply.

Which workshops I can check with beside R2D ?

christopher ngo;1078459 said:
this is human nature, from 108k to 90k, quite big discount. Want cheap, want good, want big susu.

Most of the 2nd hand dealer is professional phsycologist.they know how to tackle customer.

18k can get all repaired with some change....

Majority of the used bimmer mileage has been tampered... ware to find so many low mileage bm....

Buying 2nd hand BMW

Will have to look at other tell tale signs... Wear and tear of steering wheels, interior and also I find that the wind screen and headlights tell a lot about the condition.

casper77;1078559 said:
18k can get all repaired with some change....

Majority of the used bimmer mileage has been tampered... ware to find so many low mileage bm....

Can bimmer mileage be tampered?

If PML full svc wise, the mileage should be genuine right ?

casper77;1078566 said:
Bro, nobody can advice if its worth a not.. Its whether you like it a not...

if its cheap n good... looooong gone..

if u think u can afford, go get it...

all used car sure got some issues so cross ur fingers..

life is short.. dont think too much if u can afford.

Agree - hard to tell by looking at the advertisement.

desmond_seow;1078572 said:
Sweeeeeeet...Wished I could afford that. Twin turbo....Anyhow can I ask why do some dealers list the mileage and some don't? Just a sales tactic?

High mileage perhaps. This car is 112k km but claims to be full PML service.

Mileage doesnt paint a true picture.. service history is the only true reflection of the cars condition. Recently came across a bmw with mileage of 150k+, which is pretty high... but the gearbox n suspension were changed at PML recently.

valrossi said:
Can bimmer mileage be tampered?

A definite YES.

Buying newer (2009 is considered new) BMWs I highly suggest a workshop inspection. If you don't know how to check yourself, then get workshop to check, or at minimum STA inspection for chassis issues. Make sure you tell your dealer that if the chassis shows sign of repair, you are rejecting the car.

I got myself a >10K overtrade + did my own check + got dealer to fix the shit before collect car. Dealer honored, issue fixed and car came with warranty even. Not like I care a lot about the warranty but it does up my chances of bang table success. Now I'm happy like fug BMW owner.

Who says cannot wan cheap, want good, want big nehneh. MW say one?

Last edited by a moderator:

valrossi;1078665 said:
Even those high mileage bimmer? Like that how to buy 2nd hand

Ignore the mileage and assess the car mechanically. You cannot tell for sure 100% if the mileage is accurate, but you can tell if stuffs are leaking, broken, not driving correctly, etc.

That 535i price is decent... have you test driven it? Get it checked then.

Will be joining the E60 club soon. Just paid the deposit for an old 05 523i, will be collecting it next week. =]

Congratulations! Although I am driving a F10, I always admire the design of E60 of being so elegant!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
df999today
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back