Buying 2nd hand BMW

Re: Buying 2nd hand BMW

MapleLeaf;791362 said:
Romance... takes time to blossom. Give Time Time.

Unless the paintwork is in bad bad condition, I feel that it doesn't make sense to spend 2 to 3K to respray it.

hmm, i personally love the maroon color ride i have. In fact before i bought my ride i searched the car marts for the color choice and of course the vehicle condition and to be within my budget too.

When i saw my ride it was love at first sight. After the test drive and the vehicle inspection, the rest was as they said 'history' :woottt:

i believe the driver not only chooses the ride...but the ride chooses the driver too....hmm sounds familiar ? hahahah (From Transformers Part 1 'quote')

Anyway so far i m loving the ride of my 520i and like they say...SHEER DRIVING PLEASURE.

Cheers
Vaspy

Okay I drove it to work today. The color is not too bad on second look. The drive was awesome on the 523i XL (previously have always driven my Honda Fit). I had trouble with the signalling though.. always signal wrong direction.. got honked :(

Pauly523;791570 said:
Okay I drove it to work today. The color is not too bad on second look. The drive was awesome on the 523i XL (previously have always driven my Honda Fit). I had trouble with the signalling though.. always signal wrong direction.. got honked :(

Conti cars signal stalk is typically left side, wipers right.

Jap cars are typically right.... Though some lexus models follow conti style.

Pls remember to check blind spot when changing lanes as well....

Yeah man.. today I was desperately struggling with wipers and signals. I think the other cars on the road were thinking I was having a party.

jasonmaxima;791612 said:

jasonmaxima;791612 said:

Haha i remember i had my first Conti a 320i E90 more than 1 years ago. I had the same problem on the signal stalk. Ended up my wipers always activated instead of my signal.

Ended up always getting honked by other motorists and once almost had someone hitting my behind because my wiper went off instead of my right side signal :nutkick:

But got used to it now after driving a bimmer for more than 2 years hahaha.

Its a WONDERFUL drive and i LOVE IT.

Cheers
Vaspy

Hey guys, read somewhere that E60 is prone to gearbox problem? Forgive my ignorance, please explain:

1. What is gearbox problem? (i.e. how does it feel like? weird sounds.. jerking?)
2. What is the common fix?
3. cost of common fix.

MW;701398 said:
yes, from June 07 onwards..

ooo my eyes..the wood...

This my friend is a better pic..

Bro MW,

may I know what is the damage to wallet for converting the wood trims to what u have there? Many thanks!

Beemtastic;924363 said:
Bro MW,

may I know what is the damage to wallet for converting the wood trims to what u have there? Many thanks!

Used to be expensive but now should be cheaper...new is about $1000+ whole set but u shd see who is selling car n buy/swop with them

MW;924381 said:
Used to be expensive but now should be cheaper...new is about $1000+ whole set but u shd see who is selling car n buy/swop with them

Thanks bro MW for the quick reply!:) Went thru the accessories classifieds, seems noone selling at the moment... gotta wait i guess

I am new with conti cars. Got myself a '08 525i XL with OMV of $60K. However the function that comes with the car doesn't look like it add up to the high omv. The car only have (what i can see and test) climatic control, OBC, i-drive, driver and passenger electric adjustable seat ( 6 way I think), roller blind, stock 18" rims, 8 airbags, multi function steering wheel....No bluetooth (steering got phone sign,i-drive no bluetooth in setting), don't know if got active steering, stock bodykit.. I know high OMV is good. What I don't know is why the previous owner paid so high,due to high OMV and PML car, with less function. Anyone one has this experience or explanation?

goready;925256 said:
I am new with conti cars. Got myself a '08 525i XL with OMV of $60K. However the function that comes with the car doesn't look like it add up to the high omv. The car only have (what i can see and test) climatic control, OBC, i-drive, driver and passenger electric adjustable seat ( 6 way I think), roller blind, stock 18" rims, 8 airbags, multi function steering wheel....No bluetooth (steering got phone sign,i-drive no bluetooth in setting), don't know if got active steering, stock bodykit.. I know high OMV is good. What I don't know is why the previous owner paid so high,due to high OMV and PML car, with less function. Anyone one has this experience or explanation?

i only know Sheer Driving Pleasure Rocks....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

goready;925256 said:

When u get into accident with the bimmer, then you will note the difference between conti and a japanese car.. hehehe

Sprawler;925264 said:
When u get into accident with the bimmer, then you will note the difference between conti and a japanese car.. hehehe

CHOI! *touch wood* hahaha.. yes the door and body panel are really solid.

I think it is all about shopping hard, hopefully one would find a cherry. Like all electro-mechanical machines, it is all about care and maintenance. If the previous owner happens to be careful and thoughtful, you are likely to get a cherry.

Fox1;925307 said:
I think it is all about shopping hard, hopefully one would find a cherry. Like all electro-mechanical machines, it is all about care and maintenance. If the previous owner happens to be careful and thoughtful, you are likely to get a cherry.

Cherry QQ? haha

I totally agree with bro MW. I just got my 07 E60 LCI 523iXL 2 months ago and drove to KL 2 times.... I love the car performance. You will never regret.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Bros & Sis,
Been contemplating on either a pre-loved 5-series 523i or a 320i as my first BM. Any advice if I should start with a 3-series or just jump straight into a 5?

Cheers.

which series? E or F?

Big difference...

whitecrv2003;928437 said:
Hi Bros & Sis,
Been contemplating on either a pre-loved 5-series 523i or a 320i as my first BM. Any advice if I should start with a 3-series or just jump straight into a 5?

Cheers.

Get a 5 series. Just nice i selling one 520i, can give you good deal:woottt:

If 5 series go for f10 520 cos e60 520 really far too under power liao ... Just like ppl always said like driving a big potato on the road ... No offence to those bro driving e60 520 : p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BettyLockwood
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back