Buying 2nd hand BMW

Re: Buying 2nd hand BMW

hamburger;1116134 said:
need enlightenment here...

are we getting the N52 or N53 engine here? Read that N53 are not used in boleh land due to high sulphur content.

is the difference identified by the design of engine cover?

520i (mine) is a straight four N43B20. yours should be a straight six N53.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_BMW_engines

I believe you can check it on your BMW customers' service record booklet. let me check mine again and post later :)

paisey for a lame question. Me read through the internet manual but was no help.

How to lower the headrest on the driver's side huh???

There's a small tab beside the guide. Push and hold it and you should be able to lower it.

whiskie;1116158 said:
There's a small tab beside the guide. Push and hold it and you should be able to lower it.

seriously i found no tab, but will look for it again. How hard can a head rest be lowered??? For me still a mystery:yikess:

hamburger;1116159 said:
seriously i found no tab, but will look for it again. How hard can a head rest be lowered??? For me still a mystery:yikess:

The lever for adjusting back rest forward or backward.......press it downwards to lower the headrest.

looking for a used e60 or e61 (ie touring) or e39 (or touring version) - any good ones around?

plse PM or watsapp 91919175

Thks

most e60 angel eyes are yellow. Possible to change it to white and what bulbs are used?

T10?

came across some article that says E60 will release the boot and open up if the fob is detected within the boot area if one closed the boot accidentally.

i tried and no leh...it was locked when i closed it. Lucky have a spare with me when i tried.:shock:

hamburger;1117381 said:
came across some article that says E60 will release the boot and open up if the fob is detected within the boot area if one closed the boot accidentally.

i tried and no leh...it was locked when i closed it. Lucky have a spare with me when i tried.:shock:

Your car might not have this feature because of it has not option 322: Comfort Access.

EleBest;1117385 said:
Your car might not have this feature because of it has not option 322: Comfort Access.

frankly if that is the case, i would say its a design flaw. Imagine being lock out because he left the fob inside boot and closed it...jialat liao.

for my previous conti, it is unlocked automatically and you need to lock the boot with the fob. No chance for what may happen to bmw, unless you went into the boot.:thumbsup:

conversely, why would u lock the doors first and then throw the key inside? locking the car should be the last thing you do before you leave it.

hamburger;1117393 said:
frankly if that is the case, i would say its a design flaw. Imagine being lock out because he left the fob inside boot and closed it...jialat liao.

for my previous conti, it is unlocked automatically and you need to lock the boot with the fob. No chance for what may happen to bmw, unless you went into the boot.:thumbsup:

say from this scenario...

you merely want to open the boot only to put something in it. Activate only the self opening at the fob and conveniently put everything in the boot and accidentally the fob too.

Close the boot and habis.....time to take taxi liao.

I have done that a couple of times on my F20. shack cannot think. but thankfully, it didn't lock but just opens up the boot again.

hamburger;1117395 said:
say from this scenario...

you merely want to open the boot only to put something in it. Activate only the self opening at the fob and conveniently put everything in the boot and accidentally the fob too.

Close the boot and habis.....time to take taxi liao.

meatypie;1117450 said:
I have done that a couple of times on my F20. shack cannot think. but thankfully, it didn't lock but just opens up the boot again.

so F20 have this feature that it pops up automatically when a fob is detected within the boot.

guess for me is better to have fob in my pocket all times:angry:

BMW 3 Series;1130484 said:
Any idea why used E90s have such low depreciation at $12~$14k/year?

which year? pre-FL?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miso88bar
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back