Buying a 2nd Hand 3 Series

Re: Buying a 2nd Hand 3 Series

Hi guys,
how come i see some 2nd hand 3 series, some got the visual display and some don't? this is for the GPS/reverse sensors.

Hi bros,

I just bought a 2007 E90. FC is terrible. Reading says 7.5km/L. I'm not sure if it's normal? Or is it just my ride?

Hope someone can advise.

Cheers

i dont think that's normal.
Mine's a 08 with 19" ultra and PS2 and showing 9.3km/ltr on the board

teriyaki;594013 said:
Hi bros,

I just bought a 2007 E90. FC is terrible. Reading says 7.5km/L. I'm not sure if it's normal? Or is it just my ride?

Hope someone can advise.

Cheers

What's ur driving pattern? My FC is 6.5pm/l btw. With almost zero highway driving.

Hi all wanna check with those in the know abt the extended warranty for 2 nd hand BMs from performance premium selection. Was told that the ext warranty does not apply to cars less than 1 yr old. True? Tks

Dear All,

Just curious on the reliability of the e46 as compared to the e90.
Looks wise, I still prefer the older e46. Just heard from my regular workshop that the e46 is a problem car.
Can someone shed some light into this issue?
Thanks for your inputs!

Guys, just to ask, gonna be viewing few shortlisted 320i's, though before going would like some advice from the guru's... :)

1. whats the number one thing you'd look at besides the mileage ?
2. it is wise to put a down payment then go have it graded at STA before the commit?

Looking forward to your generous response...

The mileage can be tuned by the dealer so if its a 4 year with 30k km on it, ask for service record etc. Dun pay a premium for the 'low' mileage if it is actually not. Try to tell from the interior too. Usually they will only bring to sta after u pay a deposit but take it with a pinch of salt for the grading. If u can bring to workshop better.

Thanks terras 14. Apparently, I put a deposit down including the STA for a 2005 320i Black on grey, 63k mileage car. There are some items that the dealer is following up and a warranty check is being carried out at the moment. STA report will be available by Monday. Judging by the progress, I believe we will go ahead with this purchase.

Stuff like rusted nuts on the rims, noisy aircon, slight noise from left back window frame door and stuck cup holders are only the items we need to get fixed. The package includes 2 years warranty with TWM engineering. Hope they're a reputable workshop that gives reasonable service...

So far my experience with STA is good. They do a general check to ensure car is acceptable or terrible before you decide further. $128 is not too bad an investment, if you are the inquisitive kind that call to the technician to ask some details after reviewing the report.

No harm trying others for another 2nd opinion though.

Hi, can anyone advise me.
I have just bought a 2005 325i and will be collecting the car next week.
Is consider mileage at 70,000km for a 6-yrs old car.

As the dealer couldn't provide me the servicing records, can I go PML to find out when is the last servicing? And at what mileage?
Hopefully the mileage of 70k is original.

PML won't reveal as car not under your name. You have to ask your dealer to check for you.

70,000 is fishy. Where got people drive 6 years, 70,000. If real, is you heng. 80% chance it's not real.

Does it have iDrive? Better be sure the iDrive is updated. The updated DVD costs hundreds... it's ridiculous.

Bring to STA for chassis inspection.
Bring to one of the mechanics here, e.g. R2D for mechanical inspection. He may also be able to advise on mileage.

If your dealer say no to mechanic inspection, drop the deal.

My E90 got accident in PML records, but my dealer say no. I send to STA, chassis is straight. It's really heng sway one. I didn't bother to pursue the incident.

But now I'm the owner of this vehicle, PML also wouldn't reveal the past servicing records?
What if I send my car to them for servicing & ask for last service history & mileage.. will they reveal?

Yes, it comes with iDrive, but not sure how to use esp. the GPS.. hopefully one day can be familiar with it. Whether is updated or not doesn't really bother me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Jarren,

DId you manage to get the service records by bringing it to PML for servicing?

pjlee25;660023 said:
Hi Jarren,

DId you manage to get the service records by bringing it to PML for servicing?

Still haven't bro.. was thinking if I dun send in my car for service.. will they entertain me?
Mine already on new car plate (tink the previous owner took back his plate no.).. if PML really can help me check.. will they check by chassis no.?

Lastly, might be thinking of "forget it".. just dun bother at all.. even if has tempered before.. what can I do since already bought & I am drive it now.

But the condition of the car is still very good.. after driving for a month.. I would say.. no regret!

I just bought a 320i XL 2008 model 77ks brought to TWM fot warranty test but failed TWM claimed that Valvebody at the gearbox needs to be replaced, the dealer was kind enough to fix and repair for me with TWM.

My 325i 2005 model mileage is 70k.. meter shown next servicing is 80k.. if I really want to wait till 80k then go servicing.. will be next 6-8mths later.. haven't decide which workshop to choose to maintain my car

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwinltd
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back