Buying a 2nd Hand 3 Series

Re: Buying a 2nd Hand 3 Series

Jarren;660032 said:
Still haven't bro.. was thinking if I dun send in my car for service.. will they entertain me?
Mine already on new car plate (tink the previous owner took back his plate no.).. if PML really can help me check.. will they check by chassis no.?

Yup, PML can still check even if the license plate has changed. They can still refer via engine/chassis number.

dgman;660053 said:
I just bought a 320i XL 2008 model 77ks brought to TWM fot warranty test but failed TWM claimed that Valvebody at the gearbox needs to be replaced, the dealer was kind enough to fix and repair for me with TWM.

hmm, what's the effect of not replacing the valvebody, bro?

Wh0cArEs;660134 said:
Yup, PML can still check even if the license plate has changed. They can still refer via engine/chassis number.

Cool. That being the case, I might head down for a PML service and ask for the service records. :)
Mine is on a new car plate too.

pjlee25;660139 said:
Cool. That being the case, I might head down for a PML service and ask for the service records. :)
Mine is on a new car plate too.

you might even get to know the name/address of the previous owner LOL :lol:

Wh0cArEs;660144 said:
you might even get to know the name/address of the previous owner LOL :lol:
Importan thing is: ex owner chio bo? :p
Sorry OT.

In order to post something useful, I will just say that do remember to clear all GFs' addresses from GPS memory before selling car. Otherwise run lion records all pass to next owner. iscoupe teach me one.

Wh0cArEs;660134 said:

Thanks for info..
If mine is true.. the next servicing will be 80k.. for 80k, what is the expected damage:fineprin:.. does anyone know?

If you dun repair the valve body when coming to a stop or downshifting the car will jerk the feeling is like someone just rear ended you.

Wh0cArEs;660134 said:

Went down to PML today with my log card & IC.
Manage to get some history records of my pre-owned car.. and base on the record shown.. Yes! My mileage is true.. all servicing/repair was done at PML.

Jarren;660528 said:
Manage to get some history records of my pre-owned car.. and base on the record shown.. Yes! My mileage is true.. all servicing/repair was done at PML.

hahaha glad u managed to sort it out... so was the previous owner a hottie? :lol:

Wh0cArEs;660559 said:
hahaha glad u managed to sort it out... so was the previous owner a hottie? :lol:

Too bad.. from the name.. can tell is holding on to a "stick" between both leg..:D

Jarren;660528 said:

Was the process of getting service records easy? Just by showing NRIC and Log Card?

hmm... i thought there is no more Log Card?

Hi all, I'm new to this forum. Forgive my intrusion on this thread but this is the closest I could find that is relevant to my question. I've placed a downpayment of 2k on a 18mth 520i. Kindly advise me on the things I should look out for when I check the service records with PML to confirm my purchase next wk. I'm currently driving a camry and I've experienced only good service with Borneo and Toyota is also v common on the road.... the poor service from PML scares me.

aojk, congrats on your ride. it is a good upgrade from a camry to a 520i. The ride and performance will be much better than your camry, not to mention Snob value ! =) Lots of E60s on the road, easy to repair and mantain. Since got warranty, go back pml first. Tell them your concerns. If u don't modify your car too much, there should not be much to worry about. Enjoy your ride. Car is meant to be enjoyed !

Thanks for the advice... will appreciate any additional advice on what are some of the common things I should check and make sure before my warranty runs out.

Yeah BMW has sensors and all that to warn you. For jap rides u will drive till it sexpolodes before u realize something is spoilt!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwinltd
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back