Buying a 2nd Hand 3 Series

Re: Buying a 2nd Hand 3 Series

absolutely correct, if only 18 mths old, car shod not be too much of a problem. Then again, it depends on mileage n previous owner's attention. gd luck n buoy yr new ride.

Cheers!

detach8;647277 said:
PML won't reveal as car not under your name. You have to ask your dealer to check for you.

70,000 is fishy. Where got people drive 6 years, 70,000. If real, is you heng. 80% chance it's not real.

Does it have iDrive? Better be sure the iDrive is updated. The updated DVD costs hundreds... it's ridiculous.

Bring to STA for chassis inspection.
Bring to one of the mechanics here, e.g. R2D for mechanical inspection. He may also be able to advise on mileage.

If your dealer say no to mechanic inspection, drop the deal.

My E90 got accident in PML records, but my dealer say no. I send to STA, chassis is straight. It's really heng sway one. I didn't bother to pursue the incident.

dgman;660053 said:
I just bought a 320i XL 2008 model 77ks brought to TWM fot warranty test but failed TWM claimed that Valvebody at the gearbox needs to be replaced, the dealer was kind enough to fix and repair for me with TWM.

Bro,

Which dealer?

Hello bros,

Sorry if this is already being posted.

I'm planning to get a 2009 E93.. Which 'version' of iDrive should I be getting? Or is there no iDrive since the 2009 model is from PI?

not too sure abt the versions of idrive but i think most e93 comes with it, even the PI ones.
pls check before buying....don't rush into signing on the dotted line, dun ever let yourself get pressurised by those stupid tactic games used by the dealer salesmen.

have fun shopping :wavey:

anson8888;671073 said:
Hello bros,

Sorry if this is already being posted.

I'm planning to get a 2009 E93.. Which 'version' of iDrive should I be getting? Or is there no iDrive since the 2009 model is from PI?

Hi all.. what the different between a PI E92 320 and PML E92 320? I am new to this forum

ChengTL;672055 said:
Hi all.. what the different between a PI E92 320 and PML E92 320? I am new to this forum

OMV, warranty amongst other things

PI 320i produces 170bhp if it uses the new N42 engine (direct injection)
PML 320i only produces 156bhp using the old N46 valvetronic engine

Hi Everyone!

Just picked up my used 323i yesterday afternoon. Enjoying each and every single moment of the ride!

Some questions about maintenance of the car. When i check the servicing info on the computer display, the distance-to-go for the next servicing seems unreal. Spark Plugs: 70 000 kms, Oil: 17,000 kms. Why are the values in fixed multiples of 1000s? I thought the counter would run down to every single kms. Can someone advise?

Also, who are the reputable workshops that does good servicing for our beemers? Do they have the proper equipment to connect the onboard computer for diagnosis and tuning? How about resetting the service counters after servicing to make sure it remains current?

Extended warranty. What is most critical for us to buy extended warranty for? I would assume the transmission is most critical. Is TWM reputable and known to honor their warranty? Any other alternatives?

Lastly, 2 of my tyres are wearing off. Where is the best place to get runflats for our cars?

Thanks in advance for your response. I hv been scouting through the forum but unable to find previous posts regarding the above. Please forgive me for asking too many silly questions.

Cheers!

PodHead;681432 said:
Hi Everyone!

Just picked up my used 323i yesterday afternoon. Enjoying each and every single moment of the ride!

Some questions about maintenance of the car. When i check the servicing info on the computer display, the distance-to-go for the next servicing seems unreal. Spark Plugs: 70 000 kms, Oil: 17,000 kms. Why are the values in fixed multiples of 1000s? I thought the counter would run down to every single kms. Can someone advise?

Also, who are the reputable workshops that does good servicing for our beemers? Do they have the proper equipment to connect the onboard computer for diagnosis and tuning? How about resetting the service counters after servicing to make sure it remains current?

Extended warranty. What is most critical for us to buy extended warranty for? I would assume the transmission is most critical. Is TWM reputable and known to honor their warranty? Any other alternatives?

Lastly, 2 of my tyres are wearing off. Where is the best place to get runflats for our cars?

Thanks in advance for your response. I hv been scouting through the forum but unable to find previous posts regarding the above. Please forgive me for asking too many silly questions.

Cheers!

All your question can be found in the site sponsor..Just spend a bit of time going through them.

oh...my bad. Haven't been thru that part yet. I was juz browsing through the hundreds of discussions in the forum. Thanks TohTo!

PodHead;681432 said:
Hi Everyone!

Cheers!

Congrats and welcome. Good to hear you are enjoying your ride. I believe 323i has more modding potential than my current 320i, so you will be having lots of fun :whipper:

The servicing intervals are rounded up to the nearest 1000s. There's no point telling you 16,232 kms for next oil service because some auntie will freak out when it says 2 km to next oil change. "WHERE TO FIND SERVICE CENTER IN 2KM??? OMFG MY CAR IS BLOWING UP"

And the reason for your unreal servicing intervals is because last time PML/BMW says BMW only need to service every 25,000 kms. What rubbish. After they had lots of issues w/sludge build up in the engine this has been reprogrammed to 12,000 kms instead. So unless you bring your car back to PML to reprogram it, I guess just track the intervals yourself or follow the sticker on the windshield.

If you own a 2nd hand car I would suggest you just do a service right now because you don't know if the mileage has been adjusted.

You can try BVO/Boss @ Sin Min for all your servicing needs. Ext. warranty I cannot advise as I have not bought any.

detach8, i love your explanation regarding service intervals. Almost fell off my chair laughing :lol2:

It makes alot of sense now and i would be visiting PML soon to get the servicing records once my log card is available and then decide how to proceed frm thr.

Thanks for the information and recommendation!

Sorry guys can't find a thread that talkson 5 series. What's the engine on a 2007 523i XL and HP registered October 2007. Is that the one with 192 HP or still the 170 HP? Was thinking of buying one. ThankS!

hey guys just checking
would it be more advisable to purchase an older, say 05-06 e90 or younger 07- for a about 3 year drive?
am tempted to get older due to the shorter commitment period but am fearful of maintenance. normally faulty parts are tagged to mileage?
Thanks in advance for any replies!

Dear all,

I'm new to this forum. And i've a few qns that i think i might be able to seek advices here.

Recently i have been looking around @ BMW 325i Coupe (Used and New) and 125i Coupe (Used).
Which would be a better idea, new or used? I understand that if i were to buy used it will result be lower losses.
But when i look @ SGcar, i realised the prices of those car are quite high. So cars are as good as brand new prices.

I understand that if i were to buy a new car i have to put 10% booking fee.
If i were to buy used, do i need to put as much as 10%?

Currently my current ride, if i were to sell it, will have a surplus of abt $20k. And i decided to put 30k as downpayment.

egoiste;710596 said:
Dear all,

I'm new to this forum. And i've a few qns that i think i might be able to seek advices here.

Recently i have been looking around @ BMW 325i Coupe (Used and New) and 125i Coupe (Used).
Which would be a better idea, new or used? I understand that if i were to buy used it will result be lower losses.
But when i look @ SGcar, i realised the prices of those car are quite high. So cars are as good as brand new prices.

I understand that if i were to buy a new car i have to put 10% booking fee.
If i were to buy used, do i need to put as much as 10%?

Currently my current ride, if i were to sell it, will have a surplus of abt $20k. And i decided to put 30k as downpayment.

Hi egoiste,

welcome onboard..............
either 125i or 325i is your choice but if for me i will go with 325i (same as C3PO).

Brand new definitely have Booking fee (be it PML or AML)

Buying a used unit, no booking fee.....depend on your finances (if can take a full loan then only needs to prepare cash for insurance, tranfer fee and first instalment plus some $ if you wanna transform it into a M3 or 1M)..........

* happy shopping
cheers

325 more practical if u ask me... other than that, no opinion

Say based on $125k for Dec 2008 125i Coupe.
Say with the $30k downpayment.

Loan amount $95k @ 1.88%
If i were to loan max the available time.
After driving it for 3 years if i decide to sell, will i incur losses?

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back