Buying a 2nd Hand 3 Series

Re: Buying a 2nd Hand 3 Series

yes.
halogen to oem xenon $3.5K+-
halogen to aftermarket projector with AE (taiwan made) < $1K ... google e90 depo projector headlights

adam2;746701 said:
tumpang thread

can the headlight of e90 be replaced by Xenon Projector headlight easily?

Canjoy;746610 said:
Hi,

i am thinking of getting a 2nd hand BMW 320i but i am a little worried cos i've been hearing people commenting that there could be problems once the car is abt 4 yrs old. Is that true?

What would the repair cost & maintenance cost be like?

Thanks

Well.... this is a hard one to answer.... it's like bringing up a child and asking, "is the child gonna succeed in life?" What issues a 2nd hand car would have would really depend on case to case...

But that said, 4-5yrs is indeed about the time when stuff in cars start to age and may require maintenance. Heck! Some are even almost "scheduled" for replacement - such as your brake pads and discs. Or light bulbs that have not been replaced in 5 years. Batteries too... Oil seals, o-rings, hoses that start to turn brittle,... and the list continues.

You see, these things are gonna need replacement around the time anyway. So, the previous owner who is about to sell his ride would most probably take the easy way out by selling it before he replaces the stuff. So new owner will end up having to "pay for repairs" lor...

So really the best advise is to set aside a little bit of $$$ and send your new pre-owned ride to one of the reputable site sponsors here for an assessment...

Oh yes, as long as the engine and transmission is okay the other repairs shouldn't cost you the earth.... those two.... they ARE EXPEN$IVE to repair.... =)

Canjoy;746610 said:
Hi,

i am thinking of getting a 2nd hand BMW 320i but i am a little worried cos i've been hearing people commenting that there could be problems once the car is abt 4 yrs old. Is that true?

What would the repair cost & maintenance cost be like?

Thanks

Canjoy,

Any 4-yr old car would need wear and tear items to be replaced. So it will be prudent to set aside some $$ for just that. Tyres, batteries, brake pads, o-rings, fluids, etc...

Depending on the mileage, this is also most likely the time when major servicing for items like the ATF is due. Which would cost you more. But once these are done, then you can drive your car with confidence and peace of mind!

I have also heard from my BMW mechanic that the 320i and 318i needs frequent replacement of the o-rings as they fail easily and causes frequent oil leaks. Maybe the bros driving these models can advise if they face these problems and the costs of rectification.

wt_know;746711 said:
yes.
halogen to oem xenon $3.5K+-
halogen to aftermarket projector with AE (taiwan made) < $1K ... google e90 depo projector headlights

thks bro

oem i know

but what is depo?

less than 1k, includes workmanship?

any contact?

Hi guys, currently driving a golf sport. Am looking for a used 323 or 325. Any suggestions? By the way cant seem to start a new thread. Many Thanks!

I was looking at 323 too before I got a 320

It is very few used 323 in sgcarmart and condition ain't good

FC is suck and road tax also a killer

Acceralation loses to 320 but the power kick in later

335 may a better choice

adam2;764239 said:
I was looking at 323 too before I got a 320

It is very few used 323 in sgcarmart and condition ain't good

FC is suck and road tax also a killer

Acceralation loses to 320 but the power kick in later

335 may a better choice

Ur right bro, test drive it and the pick-up is not as torquey. The 1.4 twin is punchier. 335 4 door rare and very ex

For the same price, why not look for a 325i? 218bhp better than 190bhp
Road tax cost the same

Jarren;764287 said:
For the same price, why not look for a 325i? 218bhp better than 190bhp
Road tax cost the same

I would love to bro. But price difference is pretty huge. I also don't know why? Lol

Barney&Friends;764304 said:
I would love to bro. But price difference is pretty huge. I also don't know why? Lol

If you can wait till I book my F10.. I can sell you cheap cheap.. My 2005 E90, mileage only 81k.. tip top conditon!

img4517y.jpg

By fn2r at 2012-01-11

Last edited by a moderator:

Jarren;764410 said:
If you can wait till I book my F10.. I can sell you cheap cheap.. My 2005 E90, mileage only 85k.. tip top conditon!

img4520is.jpg

By fn2r at 2012-01-11

img4517y.jpg

By fn2r at 2012-01-11

Nabeh

Should have waited for urs:goodup::goodup::goodup:

Jarren;764410 said:
If you can wait till I book my F10.. I can sell you cheap cheap.. My 2005 E90, mileage only 85k.. tip top conditon!

img4520is.jpg

By fn2r at 2012-01-11

img4517y.jpg

By fn2r at 2012-01-11

Keep me informed. E90 is 325 right? Lol

Barney&Friends;764428 said:
Keep me informed. E90 is 325 right? Lol

E90 is Sedan variant, got 318i, 320i, 323i, 325i, 335i and M3....

cheers

Exclusifmedia;769389 said:
When your F10 coming in Jarren? Your E90 looked not just polished but practically licked boi :shock:

My newly installed air scope with K&N open pod
img5042k.jpg

By fn2r at 2012-03-09

Exclusifmedia;769389 said:
When your F10 coming in Jarren? Your E90 looked not just polished but practically licked boi :shock:

Haven't decide yet! Need to go see the new F30 first.. then see how.
Heard that the new F30 is impressive!

Here more pic of my E90 325i

Powerbox, K&N oped pod, Air scoop, Struct bar (all new!)
img5040v.jpg

By fn2r at 2012-03-09

Very very Nice.... Can PM me your expected "Cheap cheap" price indication? I had actually viewed the F30 on YOUTUBE. 3x variants.
Very impressive indeed.

Cool stuff............

enjoy.
cheers

Exclusifmedia;769662 said:
Very very Nice.... Can PM me your expected "Cheap cheap" price indication? I had actually viewed the F30 on YOUTUBE. 3x variants.
Very impressive indeed.
Went to PML today, but the SE said that the New F30 320i will only arrive at a later date.. :verysad:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nohudoithuong2

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back