Calling all 1 series owners...

Re: Calling all 1 series owners...

happygsy;768686 said:
Of course, Solar film.... Mats are basic freebie...^^
Go squeeze your SE for the solar film as freebies :)
can one la!!! ;)

ben1;768568 said:
Guys, what tyre size did your 116 come with.

Mine is 205/50r17 means they fitted the 17x7J wheels which is not the urban line one.

Anybody else had this opportunity? :shakehea:
mine is the 205/50 tyre... better get rid of it!!!
cos it is the weirdest profile u have ever seen.. lolz!

Painfull.. Just saw the parallel importer from sg carmart.. the price and the pic of the F20..
The silver/white side panel..the leather seats.. the threading on the steering.. the SUNROOF!!
The rims... makes me regret buying from PML!!!!:wtf:
Moreover, its not as though PML aftersales service is superior.. Only one word to describe...
PAIN....:verysad:

I feel like dying now... Can anyone tell me if i wanna change the color of the panel, where can i find? Other than PML of cos.. Coz i think they "kill people, put fire" one..
Other than changing it, I dunno what can make me feel better now.. Spoils my FRIDAY...(Although i spoilt it myself).

Jack07;768871 said:
Painfull.. Just saw the parallel importer from sg carmart.. the price and the pic of the F20..
The silver/white side panel..the leather seats.. the threading on the steering.. the SUNROOF!!
The rims... makes me regret buying from PML!!!!:wtf:
Moreover, its not as though PML aftersales service is superior.. Only one word to describe...
PAIN....:verysad:
The only thing that I like is the sunroof :/

hi,

can anyone advise on th engine oil change for 116i? read at some forum that for NEW bmeer, its betta to change the engine oil around 7k 1st.
can any expert kindly advise on that? appreciate!! :)

Bro sidder, my SE said the same thing to me (she said 5K) and I followed the advice she gave for my F02, to no detriment. However, after hanging around here a bit, I'm not going to take that chance with my F13. I intend to get my oil changed after the 1st 1000km, to give the oil a chance to wash out the engine filings etc.

wobbles;769092 said:
Bro sidder, my SE said the same thing to me (she said 5K) and I followed the advice she gave for my F02, to no detriment. However, after hanging around here a bit, I'm not going to take that chance with my F13. I intend to get my oil changed after the 1st 1000km, to give the oil a chance to wash out the engine filings etc.
Since u gonna do oil change at 1k km, might as well change ATF & rear differential oil together.

davidtch;769107 said:
Since u gonna do oil change at 1k km, might as well change ATF & rear differential oil together.

Serious? Dun sua me leh....

davidtch;769107 said:

sure of not? i thought engine oil is good enough..gosh..sound like doing the full services??
will it be better if were to bring our own engine oil..not being cheap skate..but i reckon better quality control after hearing so many things over at PML servicing

If its recommended, shldnt it b free fm PML? Included in the 3 years warranty n servicing right? Pardon me if I'm wrong.

wobbles;769092 said:
Why need to change at 1k???
I am lost... I thought change at 5k?

What is the reason behind this decision har, bro?

zeromax;769134 said:
Why need to change at 1k???
I am lost... I thought change at 5k?

What is the reason behind this decision har, bro?
It is old skool good to have maintenance. When engine is new, there will be some metal residue. These metal residue will be picked up by Engine oil.

For the same thought, might as well change out ATF & rear differential.

HITMAN;769132 said:
If its recommended, shldnt it b free fm PML? Included in the 3 years warranty n servicing right? Pardon me if I'm wrong.
Factory recommendation is dependant on ur ka. If ka nvr tell u to change, no need change.

But for diehard like me, i will do the 1k & subsequently 8k (if mostly city drive).

bro david, you rev to 9000 rpm at every opportunity issit? hehehehe

Wat ka? U mean car? Different car got different recommendations? Thanks bro...

wobbles;769148 said:
bro david, you rev to 9000 rpm at every opportunity issit? hehehehe
+ Akra exhaust. I wish i wish.

HITMAN;769154 said:
Wat ka? U mean car? Different car got different recommendations? Thanks bro...
Same recommendation lah. Most European car is car will tell u when to change.

For me, i will change every 8k. Simple. For city drive, there will be lots of water condensation collected by engine oil. That's bad. Anyway, oil service is like $250 (for IL6). Twice a yr only $500 (not much if u compare to car price).

davidtch;769142 said:
It is old skool good to have maintenance. When engine is new, there will be some metal residue. These metal residue will be picked up by Engine oil.

For the same thought, might as well change out ATF & rear differential.

Factory recommendation is dependant on ur ka. If ka nvr tell u to change, no need change.

But for diehard like me, i will do the 1k & subsequently 8k (if mostly city drive).
wow!!! Got so serious need to change so many things??

I think I will follow your advice to go and change the engine oil on 1k...

but confirm must change the AFT and differential oil? hmmmm

Bro, my 1ster shw low coolant. Shld i jus add water or go get any coolant n top up?

I think new car shldnt need to Topup the coolant at all. Mayb u shld hv it checked. Leak somewhere? My present car had tis symptom after 2 years n cfm leak somewhere. Meanwhile u can juz Topup wif water...

Where has everybody gone to? Enjoy car? Modding car? No time to come into forum? Haha... So quiet last few days...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmconsultant
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back