Calling for all E92 and E93 owners!!!

Re: Calling for all E92 and E93 owners!!!

ac323;874581 said:
dont think C3PO will drive his Sart Sart 335i up North........................

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Why not eh? I did a short drive to Melaka..... wah.. shiok lei... haha

webhunk;874678 said:
Why not eh? I did a short drive to Melaka..... wah.. shiok lei... haha

he only fly there.........................

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

webhunk;874687 said:
Go Melaka.. fly to where?

How long was the journey? Haha...ya i also been flying up if gg up far north. So far my balls quite small to drive up..heard must bring loads of spare cash just in case kanna pull over.... :OTpolis:

Sart Sart!! i also wan...i go MA ask can try to detach my roof once in awhile. :)

DevilkingE93;874657 said:
Can always hav a roofless night drive here first.....

Hahaha...ok ok la..lets just drive to Dempsy!! Ask masschaoz again to drive his frozen white M3!!!!

*quote*
"This car is F**king Great! Greatest Dream!!!"
*unquote*

Zwoosh82;874690 said:
I echo that...

webhunk;874687 said:
Go Melaka.. fly to where?

C3PO private Jet.............

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

kevinbmw;874689 said:
How long was the journey? Haha...ya i also been flying up if gg up far north. So far my balls quite small to drive up..heard must bring loads of spare cash just in case kanna pull over.... :OTpolis:

To melaka very fast one.. max I think about 2 hours on the highway. I think we took an hour plus. Did not pay Kopi money..... :)

It gets siong with traffic when you hit towards the city...

Hi Kevin I am driving e92. I have driven up North many times in the car. Taken her to KL 5-6 times, ipoh, Cameron Highlands, Kuantan. Maybe wana try for Penang but my wife refuses...:(

I like the social element in convoy drives and its also safer. Especially if we run into unforeseen complications like breakdown, flat tyre etc.

I had a bad experience last year when I had a side-wall fracture in my tyre and i had no spare. The tire repair kit cannot repair a side-wall fracture and I was stuck in Simpang Ringang for afew hours trying to look for 19" tires.

The convoys offer some safety and support. But some of the convoys i drove in were too darn slow....in one convoy it took over 10 hrs to get to Cameron and we were doing 120kph all the way.....:(

Maybe with a convoy of BMWs we can do a faster leg and also have some safety factor....PML also organises convoy drives but only once a year....

I think driving in singapore can drive anyone mad...so i always like to goup North to stretch her legs alittle...nothing too fast...max i hit is 200kph and only momentarily when overtaking...mostly i drive at a steady safe pace of 140-180kph...

Just sharing my thoughts...and it need not be all coupes...or BMWs...any decent reliable car make will do to form up a convoy but the focus is also on providing some back-up support...in the form of mechanics and recovery vehicle...

If there are bros here interested i can try to make some calls and organise a 1st trip...we can do this together maybe as i have never organised this before...the planning and organising and logitical elements would also be challenging but it acts to the fun factor too....

kevinbmw;874448 said:
Hi nightwind, which car you driving? :)

Sure, I like that idea but before that, let's rally a few fellow brothers and sisters first!

Er Kevin, IMHO parking a nice car in JB is even more risky than driving up to KL. The crime and theft rate in JB is much higher. I dont care what the JP politicians say...i know many of my frens prefer not to park in JB at all.

When i drive with my pals to KL the main worry is a flat tire..thats all...we park at my relatives place so its safe..or we park in a 5 star hotel...which is relatively safe too.

Road side parking or public parking lots in JB are meant for the very brave...n it takes only 5-10 mins for them to unlock and diable the BMW imoboliiser system...

kevinbmw;874601 said:
why leh...actually i never tried before so i have some reservations too. But Never Try never Know! maybe we can go like JB for the start? Hahaha.. :thinking:

Actually my previous car club used to meet up for breakfast runs up north. Meet around 6am after the second link and do a 45min run up to the old railway station or even Muar. Back home by 1030-11am. Good chance to clear carbon :p

At that hour, there are no roadblocks, and this area is certainly a lot safer than JB.

Hi Hamu78....6am....er...i guess i can try but its really damm early leh...zzzzz

To avoid jam we usually avoid driving up during school holidays and public holidays...how far is Muar? 150-200km?

Which car club did u go with?

davidtch;874602 said:
Wondering aloud, why must convoy then can go up north?

more fun and can help look out for each other mah...esp to remote places up north

Hi Nightwind,

Ya, its kinda early but traffic is great and its really the best way to avoid the roadblocks. Muar is about 200km away, so thats about an hours drive.

Previously went with my Alfa Romeo guys :)

hi..200km is more than halfway to KL...i was thinking might as well complete the drive to KL and stay for the weekend?

But i guess if the guys wana just do a morning drive there n make it a day trip i can do that too.....

which do u prefer, a morning makan drive or a weekend stay over in KL?

hamu78;875329 said:
Hi Nightwind,

Ya, its kinda early but traffic is great and its really the best way to avoid the roadblocks. Muar is about 200km away, so thats about an hours drive.

Nightwind;875422 said:
hi..200km is more than halfway to KL...i was thinking might as well complete the drive to KL and stay for the weekend?

But i guess if the guys wana just do a morning drive there n make it a day trip i can do that too.....

which do u prefer, a morning makan drive or a weekend stay over in KL?

both sounds doable and fun. I think whichever it is, should be a unique opportunity...lets meet up next week sunday to discuss further? :)

Nightwind;875273 said:
Er Kevin, IMHO parking a nice car in JB is even more risky than driving up to KL. The crime and theft rate in JB is much higher. I dont care what the JP politicians say...i know many of my frens prefer not to park in JB at all.

When i drive with my pals to KL the main worry is a flat tire..thats all...we park at my relatives place so its safe..or we park in a 5 star hotel...which is relatively safe too.

Road side parking or public parking lots in JB are meant for the very brave...n it takes only 5-10 mins for them to unlock and diable the BMW imoboliiser system...

Hi Nightwind, ya agree with you that JB could be dangerous..actually whole malaysia quite dangerous..my friend's car was stolen even he parked in a secured compound. I guess it is heng suay thing also..

but now u mentioned...flat tyre is quite scary cos my car doesnt carry any spares and neither does it have run-flat anymore. Hmmm....which car u driving? does yours come with spare or r u still n run-flats?

hamu78;875329 said:
Hi Nightwind,

Hi Hamu78,

what car r u driving now? :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luck8bot
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back