Car Body Export Price Guide

Re: Car Body Export Price Guide

Chicken Kid

.....hate to say this but as dealers, we meet cutomers who actually doesn't know the trade and pretend to know tonnes.

Do u know exactly the implication of your statement above?

If what you said above is always true, the only downside that I can see as far as you are concerned is that you could be wasting your time with such customers, no quantified financial losses. You may pull a long face but at the end of the day, do not forget that your job is to service those who come to you. Have you heard of the concept "Customer Sovereignty"?

However, if the customers are indeed clueless bout this kinda trade....What are some dealers (esp the dishonest ones) likely goin to do? U know the answer better than most of us here.

There is a need for some form of transparency as far as a trade goes. FYI, customers nowadays are generally quite sophisticated. They do sometimes ask their friends around for opinions and then make some sort of benchmark before proceeding to a dealer.

If u ask me, I would never ever go to a dealer whom I don't know. You can call me old-fashioned but I am definitely more comfortable dealing with somebody I may or maynot directly know. It's all bout networking..

Winston said:
In today's capitalistic world, your prices will be up for scrutiny. This forum is just a spot for car enthusiast to park and discuss about car, inevitably car prices will be mentioned. If someone is kind enough to input car prices here for the forumers and the general public, we really ought to be thankful to him for the effort instead of blasting off at him. This thread besides helping car sellers gauage a better price for their rides, car buyers here like yourself can go straight to the point and offer a good price without the need to haggle and offer other services at a premium. Why the need to rip bimmer owners I don't understand. Do you like to be rip when you sell your ride? Oh, of cos not you won't be rip cos you have all the information you need as a car dealer. Information is power, and in this thread, power is shifted to the general public!

Finally, like to take this opportunity to thank Nuke in his effort to provide us a better guide to car body prices. Keep up the good work and hopefully this thread will blossom and even car dealers will quietly sneak in here and check if their prices are inline with market. Everyone has a part to play in here, post your prices when you sell, that way all are aware of the pricing, and can inform you if the price you have just been offered for your ride is reasonable or just a rip off!

Cheers to Nuke!!!

I hope that this thread is useful. That was the intention. And all there is to it.

Maybe chicken kid has enough run-ins with the pretend to know-it-alls with their noses in the sky. Totally understandable.

This is a forum i really enjoy. Everyone is very kind to share their knowledge. I jus hope to pay it forward. Since I can't contribute on the technical discussions. hahahaha....

Kind words winston. thank you.

This thread is very useful so we dun kenna makan by chicken shit dealers who talk big and sian tao... thanks bro! :)

Chicken Kid said:
:stop!: Cannot use Benzworld as a guide. He is selling the body and is running a business, not charity. If you expect to get the price the benzworld put on his website, try harder. Advertise in the Straits Time and also the internet, employ admin staffs and sales people to do it, maybe, you get a chance. As for the body of the 318 that is 1.5 years old, $20k is about right. however, why would you want to export that body. Can sell in local market. you fetch a higher price selling it in the local market because you do not have to sustain paper loss (if you do understand what I mean), which is 7.5% now. Don't get me wrong, I'm actually a car dealer and at the same time a BMW enthusiasts. :helpp!: Just remember that dealers need to make a living too and if you are going to use our selling price as a guide for you to sell you car, by all means, but advertise in the papers and do all the documentations yourself. Not to forget, full settle the car yourself first before you can do anything and dealers have to fork out the money for you to do so. Anyway, to answer your question, the price of the body is about right but check your PARF, because I think that you can actually sell it in the local market for the 318 that you mentioned. :topicsuc: I hate to say this but as dealers, we meet cutomers who actually doesn't know the trade and pretend to know tonnes. I see some advice in this forum that actually sucks, inaccurate and unreasonable. In the first place, why drive a beamer if you care about the few hundreds or maybe a thousnad or two that a dealer may reap you off? Drive a COE Suzuki Swift instead and you would not have to bother about the prices of the body and things like that because the body of the Swift costs nothing. Everything is cheaper too. In hokkien, they say "Ai hiong siew, Ai jiap siew". Meaning, you want to enjoy, you must accept! :)
You have so damn much to learn about your trade, your patience and your mouth.

Bump. Anyone export their ride recently? Care to share some details?

What model is your ride:
How old's your ride:
Export Price:
Export Location:

Cheers.

Will be exporting my wife's Ford Focus 1.6 soon

What model is your ride: Ford Focus Ghia 1.6
How old's your ride: registered mid 2001
Mileage: approx 37,000 km
Export Price: $2500
Export Location: not sure

Not bad I guess, initially I thought all we were getting back are the PARF and COE

Thanks Eggz!

Anyone else like to add?

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and have read this thread with great interest. I dont currently own a BMW but have plans to become one in the near future. Like most of you, I would like to get the most out of my hard earned cash!

From the following questions you will no doubt learn that I am not a Singaporean so apologies in advance for my potentially simplistic line of questioning. I am a Malaysian, currently living in NZ and am toying with the idea of importing a late model BMW from Singapore myself for my own personal use and cut out all the middle men in the process (as far as possible) to get the most bang for my buck.

Questions:

1. Is there any difference when you guys mention body value vs export price?
2. Would l be allowed to buy a car directly from a person in Singapore who wants to export his car? or do I have to go through one of the pre-designated companies assigned by the LTA to process cars for export?

Thanks in advance!

BMWannabe,

I hope u have found this thread useful. :D

Body value is normally mentioned by the exporter of the car to the seller. This will be the price he's offering to pay for only the car body after de-registration of the vehicle.

Export price is normally made with reference to the exporter's selling price to the people who wish to import the cars into their countries. This amount is normally a few thousand above the body price for the exporter to make a profit on.

Understandably, as with the dell concept, if you were to purchase your vehicle direct from an owner and cut out the middleman (exporter), you will make some savings. Tho prob not very significant.

As a private deal, i don't see any problem re: u buying a car direct from someone here. However, issue abt the car's condition etc. would have to be sorted out prior purchase. Then there's the issue of bringing the car into the country and all the paperwork involved.

Will like to recommend www.one-motoring.com.sg

Inside here you will find a detailed section on the exporting procedures and car de-registration. Good luck with your search! Do visit the forum to look at the car care options and mod potential. hahahah...plenty of gurus on those topics here too!

New contribution from our forummer...

What model is your ride: BMW 318 Cabriolet
How old's your ride: registered aug 2002
Mileage: approx 72,000 km
Export Price: $31,000
Export Location: Cyprus

Hi there

I am a used car exporter from New Zealand based in singapore, exporting cars to NZ for retailing at my own showroom in AUckland , if you have your BMWs or other cars registered after 2001 January to sell/export please contact, as i am sure that i can offer you best prices in town.

Being direct exporter from overseas ,i can assure you that i can give you the best price as there is no middle men involved, it would not only save my self by getting stung from another dealer but you can have a good price to sell as well. Please contact me any time at 94654828. lets skip the middle men from the deals and save some dollars togather.

Adam

hi Adam, whats the restrictions to imports to NZ?

like age? mileage?

thanks

vd383;334182 said:
hi Adam, whats the restrictions to imports to NZ?

like age? mileage?

thanks

any thing above 2001 wud do, nothing to worry about mileage :)

stevenwu;334399 said:
Hi Boost7,

How about year 2000 car ?

jul 2000 2.5 litres 323ci coupe ?

Sorry cant take it back home now, but since i have some ways to sell it for you or on behalf, send me the pics thru and i can put them on my website and find a direct customer overseas may be in South Africa, UK or other countries. This way you can tell me how much you want for it and i will sell it for you. All for a quick help so i can get your next car :)
check: Used Cars Export Singapore Used Cars Dealer Exporter - Singaporeautos.net

Hi. Not quite this has been answered.

Anyway, last 2 weeks have been doing car-shopping. The latest info I have got from SE by: BMW, Volvo, Honda and Toyota....pretty standard to give $4,000 above the remaining OMV+COE, for car after 5yrs. Maybe with used car dealer, another $500-$1000 more, since the no commission paid to SE, IMO.

bimmerguy;334799 said:
Hi. Not quite this has been answered.

Anyway, last 2 weeks have been doing car-shopping. The latest info I have got from SE by: BMW, Volvo, Honda and Toyota....pretty standard to give $4,000 above the remaining OMV+COE, for car after 5yrs. Maybe with used car dealer, another $500-$1000 more, since the no commission paid to SE, IMO.

$4k for a 5yr old E46 body. Maybe I get more than $4k stripping it and selling all the parts as spare.

satines;334803 said:
$4k for a 5yr old E46 body. Maybe I get more than $4k stripping it and selling all the parts as spare.

yes, thats the point i thought if selling it to an exporter, sometimes the cars get stripped? Thats where they make their money.
I know of a crashed e46 cab that was sold for like 1k, probably 20k worth of parts on it at least

Just for info to all bro's and sis's out there. boost7 is not a dealer from NZ. sms'ed him at number given to test market about my BMW year 2003. Guess what, a local dealer called me and informed me that his BOSS asked him to call me. Another Joke, he offered me less than 20k for my ride. I have contacted other direct exporter's, based on my millage of my car, they offered me between 32 to 35K. There are DIRECT dealers on the net from NZ or australia, if you have the patience, send them your car photo's. If all is agreed, they will buy your car at a good price. Its hassel free and you can make more money from your car. I have exported 3 of my rides before my own.

7777;334960 said:
Just for info to all bro's and sis's out there. boost7 is not a dealer from NZ. sms'ed him at number given to test market about my BMW year 2003. Guess what, a local dealer called me and informed me that his BOSS asked him to call me. Another Joke, he offered me less than 20k for my ride. I have contacted other direct exporter's, based on my millage of my car, they offered me between 32 to 35K. There are DIRECT dealers on the net from NZ or australia, if you have the patience, send them your car photo's. If all is agreed, they will buy your car at a good price. Its hassel free and you can make more money from your car. I have exported 3 of my rides before my own.

Can you let me know the contacts of some of these direct dealers? I will be selling my C180 very soon. Looking forward to my new 325i cabriolet :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamefa88
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back