Changing ATF for E90??

Re: Changing ATF for E90??

vinlis77;933838 said:
I was driving the Mazda 3SP for 6 years. Never did a ATF change or brake pad change. for the ATF was told by the SA no need to change but they do check the viscocity of the ATF. Was advise not to change and may not do good to change if does not experience any problem with the gearbox. Every servicing i would also ask the SA or even the mechanic if I do meet them about the brake pads and was told everytime no need to change still thick. Strange advise but trusted them. ATF and Brake pads never change despite driving for more than 150,000km and recently sold.

Now driving a 6yrs old 323i less than 80,000km driven, recently changed the ATF, belts, shocks etc by the dealer's workshop before issuing warranty. hopefully would be a nice ride with few issues or none (dreaming as was told) till the end of term.

Wonder if its itchy backside to change a problem free car to an unknown....hahaha

yup same for me.. i was on a mazda 3 previously, drove it from 60000km to 120000km, the car was completely problem free except for wheel bearings which i had changed. im starting to miss the jap rides which are rly problem free.
the bimmer really gives alot of stress, dunno when things will spoil and sometimes a few trips to workshop to solve them.... hai..

Best scenario is to own a jap ride for daily driving, and bimmer for the passionate drive, best of both worlds IMO :)

Like a wife and a mistress ;)

xiaofoggy;933876 said:
yup same for me.. i was on a mazda 3 previously, drove it from 60000km to 120000km, the car was completely problem free except for wheel bearings which i had changed. im starting to miss the jap rides which are rly problem free.
the bimmer really gives alot of stress, dunno when things will spoil and sometimes a few trips to workshop to solve them.... hai..

Stay with the Mazda ..... It's a better car.

we should all change to Mazda .....

then we all swap notes on fuel consumption and complain that bmw driver always get into trouble.....

vinlis77;933838 said:
I was driving the Mazda 3SP for 6 years. Never did a ATF change or brake pad change. for the ATF was told by the SA no need to change but they do check the viscocity of the ATF. Was advise not to change and may not do good to change if does not experience any problem with the gearbox. Every servicing i would also ask the SA or even the mechanic if I do meet them about the brake pads and was told everytime no need to change still thick. Strange advise but trusted them. ATF and Brake pads never change despite driving for more than 150,000km and recently sold.

Now driving a 6yrs old 323i less than 80,000km driven, recently changed the ATF, belts, shocks etc by the dealer's workshop before issuing warranty. hopefully would be a nice ride with few issues or none (dreaming as was told) till the end of term.

Wonder if its itchy backside to change a problem free car to an unknown....hahaha

Mazda fuel consumption also not that fantastic amongst jap makes, heavier body than others.

No end to comparison, just enjoy what you drive!

Red_Bean_Bun;933982 said:
Stay with the Mazda ..... It's a better car.

we should all change to Mazda .....

then we all swap notes on fuel consumption and complain that bmw driver always get into trouble.....

Zoom zoom zoom

chhheeeeerrrrssssss

Haha not exactly comparing. just sharing an experience regarding changing of ATF. Drove a peugeot previously was also told no need to change ATF by the SA. as for FC Mazda I could get about average 11-12km/l. Higher as compared to other Japanese sedans but pretty nice drive. like the heaviness. so far only pump 2nd full tank and getting about average 9km/l for the 323i and a very nice drive. FC is not a very important factor in my consideration else would not get a continental. So far i am enjoying and happy driving the 323i. Nice read in the forum and trying to understand the car better. As this car was bought thru a dealer and did not come with the owner's manual. Do you think I could get a copy from PML?

xiaofoggy;933876 said:

Same sentiment bro...hehe...but let's move on, cheers;)

I was also on mazda 3SP previously...no problems at all for 80k km! Super good n reliable ride although yes..the fuel consumption quite similar to the e92. Oh...the dealer I was trading my car in said my transmission mounting got problem...he had bionic arms cos he put his palms on my gearbox...power!

canuck78;933979 said:
Best scenario is to own a jap ride for daily driving, and bimmer for the passionate drive, best of both worlds IMO :)

Like a wife and a mistress ;)

This I totally agree. An evo for the need of speed & a bimmer for the occasional high class dinner would be a perfect of both worlds, at least for me.

Cheers!

vinlis77;934042 said:
Haha not exactly comparing. just sharing an experience regarding changing of ATF. Drove a peugeot previously was also told no need to change ATF by the SA. as for FC Mazda I could get about average 11-12km/l. Higher as compared to other Japanese sedans but pretty nice drive. like the heaviness. so far only pump 2nd full tank and getting about average 9km/l for the 323i and a very nice drive. FC is not a very important factor in my consideration else would not get a continental. So far i am enjoying and happy driving the 323i. Nice read in the forum and trying to understand the car better. As this car was bought thru a dealer and did not come with the owner's manual. Do you think I could get a copy from PML?

your 323 FC seems not bad as mine is about
8km/L or less if downtown driving with
traffic

vinlis77;934042 said:

There's an online version

Maybe the new NSX when it comes out, and bimmer is my ideal combo.

But bimmer already have alot of wants, Z4, 335, X3/X5, F10/F30 etc hahaha

Xiaodi;948751 said:
This I totally agree. An evo for the need of speed & a bimmer for the occasional high class dinner would be a perfect of both worlds, at least for me.

Cheers!

Actually the Evo is more exotic than a BMW these days. Bmws are way common ......

Xiaodi;948751 said:

Cheers!

Evo too beng lah, already past the age (well, my age anyways haha).

Anyone driving the Toyota 86 or Subaru variant?

Red_Bean_Bun;949041 said:
Actually the Evo is more exotic than a BMW these days. Bmws are way common ......

Hi bros, so what's the advice for this thread? Should we be changing ATF at 100k km mark? Lifetime ATF seems hard to believe. Thanks in advance!!!

lifetime got definition from BMW now. I think its 100k. manual from ZF got section for servicing. includes changing filter and oil. but must follow what manual states assuming you have a zf gb.

JT1977;977960 said:
Hi bros, so what's the advice for this thread? Should we be changing ATF at 100k km mark? Lifetime ATF seems hard to believe. Thanks in advance!!!

JT1977;977960 said:

My personal experience... just go ahead and change. I got back quite a bit of power loss after the change. I am not technical, but the butt feel is really noticeably.

Thanks bro! I was quoted $640 for a ATF change for my e90, wondering if its a fair deal? Thanks in advance! :shakemyb:

JT1977;978085 said:
Thanks bro! I was quoted $640 for a ATF change for my e90, wondering if its a fair deal? Thanks in advance! :shakemyb:

Do you know how many litres of atf you were charged for? That might help you to breakdown the costs to aid your assessment.

JT1977;978085 said:

Sounds reasonable to me... haha.... but then not sure if there is a difference for e92.. coz I did pay much more :D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xequetracyp

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back