Changing ATF for E90??

Re: Changing ATF for E90??

Red_Bean_Bun;978092 said:
How much you paid ?

I paid abt 1k... but to be fair.. I had other stuff done as well which I do not rem the breakdown...

haha.. I quite trusting of my workshop. No complains as I am very happy with the service and technical expertise

Not sure.. But I would think it should be similar right? Best to check with the workshop....

40K?? Wah...

Red_Bean_Bun;978664 said:
Anyone tried already ?

Yes top up with Miller ATF plus LubeGard @ R2D...

Now very smooth gear change...

Miller 40WT engine oil into the 6 pot too...

Love the brand very much...thumbs up !

Miller oils are based on acea c3 specs ...... TBN is a lot lower.

unfit;978697 said:
Yes top up with Miller ATF plus LubeGard @ R2D...

Now very smooth gear change...

Miller 40WT engine oil into the 6 pot too...

Love the brand very much...thumbs up !

Red_Bean_Bun;978720 said:
Miller oils are based on acea c3 specs ...... TBN is a lot lower.

WoW bro...too deep for me liao...hee hee

Dun noe what is Acea C3 and TBN as well...please enlighten me...Thank you

What's the difference between change ATF and flush ATF? Also, my previous toyota serviced at Borneo Motors they also did not bother to change the ATF at 40km but jus topup.

unfit;978413 said:
R2D recommends every 40k km change ATF

Hi guys, i am also thinking of changing my ATF oil and filter. I understand from my workshop that the original stock ATF oil brand is ZF, which is what BMW uses. Is there anyone here with knowledge to confirm this?

ALso, as for the quantity, i was told that the ATF oil change will require 7 litres of "ZF-Lifeguard Fluid 6". Hope some pros here can confirm on that too as i want to make sure that i am being charged correctly for the number of litres of ATF oil they say they change, and also that the original brand ATF oil (ZF) is being poured into my car.

I'm driving a BMW 325 E92.

Thanks and hope to see some replies! :)

it should be zf. you plan to just change atf fluid or atf fluid + filter ?

I would be more concerned about how the atf goes in than the qty ...... for the latter you don't just pour all of it in and tighten the nuts ......... procedure different from changing engine oil.

Sirius27;983353 said:
Hi guys, i am also thinking of changing my ATF oil and filter. I understand from my workshop that the original stock ATF oil brand is ZF, which is what BMW uses. Is there anyone here with knowledge to confirm this?

ALso, as for the quantity, i was told that the ATF oil change will require 7 litres of "ZF-Lifeguard Fluid 6". Hope some pros here can confirm on that too as i want to make sure that i am being charged correctly for the number of litres of ATF oil they say they change, and also that the original brand ATF oil (ZF) is being poured into my car.

I'm driving a BMW 325 E92.

Thanks and hope to see some replies! :)

I brought 7L n oil pan filter from Eng Soon when I replaced my transmission fluid.

Labour was done by site sponsor workshop but only about 6.25L.

Left over slightly more than 3/4 bottle.
Anyone plan to buy own parts to do a aft change, u can have my left over bottle.
Please PM to collect from me.

Bro, can share what's the labour cost to do the ATF change? What other parts are needed?

eddienike;984056 said:
I brought 7L n oil pan filter from Eng Soon when I replaced my transmission fluid.

Labour was done by site sponsor workshop but only about 6.25L.

Left over slightly more than 3/4 bottle.
Anyone plan to buy own parts to do a aft change, u can have my left over bottle.
Please PM to collect from me.

Any bros can help? I jus used the VIN decoder to check and the info for my transmission is stated as 'AUT'. Isn't it suppose to be ZF or something? Thanks in advance.

eddienike;984232 said:
PM sent....

Bro eddienike, can PM me as well for the same? Thanks in advance! ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tk88directory
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back