Collecting ride

Re: Collecting ride

superlimau;854028 said:
it's the output that determine whether the price is worth it....

At the moment, its anyone's guess.

Based on past experience, if it's an official tune, then likely, it'll produce less bhp and Nm compared to whatever is out there.

Reason being, for warranty coverage - they have to ensure that the extra boost is still within the tolerable stress level such that it does not accelerate premature wear and tear.

And because warranty coverage is intact, likely it'll cost at least 3x whatever is available outside.

I too bought a 116 thinking that I can uprate it to a tuned 118. But alas! they are smarter.
BMW probably learned their lesson with the R53 mini years ago.
Back then a basic 1.6 Mini One could be tuned up to an uprated 1.6 Mini Cooper. Buyers of the Mini One were laughing at the stupidity of the Mini Cooper owners back then.
They weren't going to repeat the same with the new F-series TC cars.

Regardless if its IP protection or smart marketing, afraid that if you want more power, you'll just have to get the variant that comes with it.

In any case, a proper piggy-tuned in Sports and DS mode is super balistic. Those who have tried it feels its too fast liao! Me included.
The only real world advantage, at least to me, is how driving in eco-pro mode is no longer sleep inducing but something you'll like to drive in when traffic is smooth flowing.
For a slightly nasty time, Comfort is more than adequate, as it's really the equivalent of stock Sports mode without the abrupt sensation in Sports mode. :cloud9:

Ivan Chan;854328 said:
Any bro here can teach me what is stge 2 tuning kit?

Basic stages...

Stage 1 ...just ECU Mapping

Stage 2... Same ECU mapping , change Air Intake, bigger Intercooler , Catback exhaust...(still can be legal )

Stage 3 upgrade turbo, fuel injectors..turbo down pipe....new mappings according to turbo Unit..oil sump cooler...etc...:juggle:

BimmerHead;854375 said:
Basic stages...

Stage 1 ...just ECU Mapping

Stage 2... Same ECU mapping , change Air Intake, bigger Intercooler , Catback exhaust...(still can be legal )

Stage 3 upgrade turbo, fuel injectors..turbo down pipe....new mappings according to turbo Unit..oil sump cooler...etc...:juggle:

Thanks bro. I think stage 2 upgrade won't come cheap.

ben1;854340 said:
At the moment, its anyone's guess.

Based on past experience, if it's an official tune, then likely, it'll produce less bhp and Nm compared to whatever is out there.

Reason being, for warranty coverage - they have to ensure that the extra boost is still within the tolerable stress level such that it does not accelerate premature wear and tear.

And because warranty coverage is intact, likely it'll cost at least 3x whatever is available outside.

I too bought a 116 thinking that I can uprate it to a tuned 118. But alas! they are smarter.
BMW probably learned their lesson with the R53 mini years ago.
Back then a basic 1.6 Mini One could be tuned up to an uprated 1.6 Mini Cooper. Buyers of the Mini One were laughing at the stupidity of the Mini Cooper owners back then.
They weren't going to repeat the same with the new F-series TC cars.

Regardless if its IP protection or smart marketing, afraid that if you want more power, you'll just have to get the variant that comes with it.

In any case, a proper piggy-tuned in Sports and DS mode is super balistic. Those who have tried it feels its too fast liao! Me included.
The only real world advantage, at least to me, is how driving in eco-pro mode is no longer sleep inducing but something you'll like to drive in when traffic is smooth flowing.
For a slightly nasty time, Comfort is more than adequate, as it's really the equivalent of stock Sports mode without the abrupt sensation in Sports mode. :cloud9:

That's why I was wondering if the turbos are different in the first place.

40 bhp extra is alot of difference and to still be able to run on ron95 indicates that there's alot more to it than a simple tune.

If they do offer an official tune for the 116 to match the 118, my guess is that many ppl will go for it since the warranty is still intact.

Btw, my se at pml will not confirm the warranty integrity if tuned by ma. I assume that ma will hold up their end of the warranty.

Hi everyone, I just plunked down for a 118. Coming from a Golf and having had lots of exp with VCS, I'm reading this thread really closely. Hopefully a reputable and safe tuning option is made avail in SG.

leslie11;854438 said:
Hi everyone, I just plunked down for a 118. Coming from a Golf and having had lots of exp with VCS, I'm reading this thread really closely. Hopefully a reputable and safe tuning option is made avail in SG.

welcome!! :D

leslie11;854460 said:
Thanks! Read in another thread that you're looking at the 3 series alrdy!

its the other way round..
I went to look at 3 series then bought 1 series..
but the romance with F30 still not over.. hehe

HI Leslie, we meet again..... Lots of ex-VW owners here.

Congratulations on your new ride!

Thanks and it's great to see you here too. I'm trying to convert Oyster as well hehe

leslie11;854438 said:

welcome bro...me also new here ....

blackyM;854138 said:
Another option is buy car from pi.
They allow u to reflash ur ECU or install PB with their workshop and yet maintain the warranty.

i believe some Site sponsors here are giving some warranty to PI cars, do chip up with them and yet didnt void warranty.
win-win.

finally met bro blackyM .....lol it's a small small world rite bro blackyM...:yummie:

Viper76;854519 said:
welcome bro...me also new here ....

Thanks, I feel so welcome here among new and old friends. It's a great start for me here cos I love to idle away on forums, helps me de-stress!

Yes, welcome everybody..... SGP is very small.... some of us may know some of us here when we see in person, but thru new nick all like new friends. :)

there r a few old nicks from SHC forum, now active in the 3er side.....and some over here......

Incidentally I drove a Colt, Civic ES8, then 3 dr Rav4, Mazda 3, Odyssey, Golf now the 118. As you can see, I've got a thing for hatchbacks, and I prob was on the SHC forums as well!

haha it's not going for, it's GONE FOR!

In the spirit of VW and BMW, any poison to start the ball rolling?

I think this time i'll just stick to the 17" rim but you won't believe it, i didn't find out much about the car before i bought it.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back