Collecting ride

Re: Collecting ride

BimmerHead;853504 said:
looks Good...mine Silver so can't really tell the white bit ..was thinking of painting it Silver...or Carbon Fibre..:yummie:

Carbon fibre is cool and chio!

unknown;853494 said:
After 2 weeks of collecting my car, decided to drop the whitish feel and make it black. Now im a satisfied man. :cloud9:

Where did u get it done bro?
Pml smoke me again.. Haiz
Say tmr morning 10am fix, end up say no stocks in yet!!:uhhh:

unknown;853494 said:
After 2 weeks of collecting my car, decided to drop the whitish feel and make it black. Now im a satisfied man. :cloud9:

Did you do the rear as well?

nighthawkcity;853606 said:

i see Johnsons in the background...i never say its at ubi..

blackyM;853359 said:
118 is sport seats with dakota leather.
116 is normal fabric seat.

The diff between 116 n 118 is leather seat, tuning n rim tat cost addition 20k in price. Tat make us feel dam tur lan to get 118 instead of 116.

Aftermarket leather seat cost ard 2k and tuning box ard 1k rims maybe add 3k so total 6k. Save 14k from getting a 118 from PML. Sometime really dunno PML marketing strategy.

nighthawkcity;853606 said:

The grilles i sprayed and the rest is niam stickers and you know where lah. Keywork is ubi and find j

newbie shawn;853350 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong.
The difference is the tunning and interior.
Exterior are the badges, rims and body kit.

Yes, you are correct...
I forgot to mention that I was referring to the engine spec......
If it's only the boost then the 116i should be pretty easy to tune up to 118i specs.

If it's more than that then (eg bigger turbo etc) then things start getting complicated......

Ivan Chan;853625 said:
The diff between 116 n 118 is leather seat, tuning n rim tat cost addition 20k in price. Tat make us feel dam tur lan to get 118 instead of 116.

Aftermarket leather seat cost ard 2k and tuning box ard 1k rims maybe add 3k so total 6k. Save 14k from getting a 118 from PML. Sometime really dunno PML marketing strategy.

But I suspect injectors are different also..like the E60 523i & 525i ...it's the same engine...but 525i can tune up much higher then 523i...seems there is no part number for the injectors for 523i ,just like our situation 116 & 118i. I put a piggy back and it's only going 164hp , but the piggy back for 118 goes 204 HP...will know for sure once tuners can access the OBD maps in the ECU...if 116 is just mapped at the lowest end...for the sake of marketing...:juggle:

BimmerHead;853676 said:
But I suspect injectors are different also..like the E60 523i & 525i ...it's the same engine...but 525i can tune up much higher then 523i...seems there is no part number for the injectors for 523i ,just like our situation 116 & 118i. I put a piggy back and it's only going 164hp , but the piggy back for 118 goes 204 HP...will know for sure once tuners can access the OBD maps in the ECU...if 116 is just mapped at the lowest end...for the sake of marketing...:juggle:

Same as well. Here screen capture from realoem.com.

View attachment 38967View attachment 38966

Even the new 114i is same spec with 116/118i.
Once the mevd1725 ecu encryption is decrypted, all the 3 variants are on the same par in terms of engine for full ecu tuning.

superlimau;853732 said:
Even the new 114i is same spec with 116/118i.
Once the mevd1725 ecu encryption is decrypted, all the 3 variants are on the same par in terms of engine for full ecu tuning.

Bro...that means 116 can push to 200 HP...:yummie:

Technically yes. Now the million $ question is who is capable and when. Last but not least, what about warranty? :juggle:

superlimau;853748 said:
Technically yes. Now the million $ question is who is capable and when. Last but not least, what about warranty? :juggle:

I spoke to MA ,,,they say...mabe sept/Oct they will have stage 2 package out for 116i ...but cannot confirm...and as long as its a BMW part number...warranty is covered....:yummie:

BimmerHead;853752 said:
I spoke to MA ,,,they say...mabe sept/Oct they will have stage 2 package out for 116i ...but cannot confirm...and as long as its a BMW part number...warranty is covered....:yummie:

U means MA can upgrade our 116 hp and still cover with factory warranty? Am interested to know more if this is what going to happen. Than no need to go 3rd parties piggy back n worry abt warranty.

get the m135i coming out this year....once you drive that probably you will give up your hope on piggyback...

Ivan Chan;853754 said:
U means MA can upgrade our 116 hp and still cover with factory warranty? Am interested to know more if this is what going to happen. Than no need to go 3rd parties piggy back n worry abt warranty.

tis is gd...will wait for the gd news :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhaviewdepcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back