Decision: K&N or GruppeM

Re: Decision: K&N or GruppeM

wanna low ball abd? hee hee

installed my gruppe m today at kbs.cannot hear any difference in sound maybe because my ss exhaust quite loud already.still havent rev my engine above 3000rpm.

in d mode it is quite impossible to rev above 2000rpm.it stays at less than 2000rpm all the time.

in ds mode the engine revs more up range.

for stock car i think the gruppe m will be overkill,but for procede v2 it will be necessary because of more boast at 15psi.

Azrielsc;289384 said:
I won't lowball... Starting bid S$50.00 + I top up with my K&N Filter! :)
:furious:

Wife said the sound of the gruppeM very 'beng' :( and bcos she drives it more than me, so now we have a small problem:singsing:

Yr offer very low ball leh:whythis:

Darth Vader;289358 said:
installed my gruppe m today at kbs.cannot hear any difference in sound maybe because my ss exhaust quite loud already.still havent rev my engine above 3000rpm.

in d mode it is quite impossible to rev above 2000rpm.it stays at less than 2000rpm all the time.

in ds mode the engine revs more up range.

for stock car i think the gruppe m will be overkill,but for procede v2 it will be necessary because of more boast at 15psi.

Ok not convinced so last night at midnight I went for a 'test drive':evil: . Managed to find some quiet stretches of roads where u wont kill someone. Managed to rev to up to 4k rpm nia before a vehicle appears in front, as Darth Varder says, in D mode hard to go over 2.5k rpm on my stupid 18 RFTs. At 4k rpm, could hear the air being sucked in (machiam like super charger) and acceleration was smoother up to 140kmh. This weekend taking it to NSH to rev it up. Knn, for almost $3k, it had better put a smile on my face. Definitely not going that way with the wife, which I said the gruppM only cost $1k:yummie:

Ahbengdriver;289621 said:
Ok not convinced so last night at midnight I went for a 'test drive':evil: . Managed to find some quiet stretches of roads where u wont kill someone. Managed to rev to up to 4k rpm nia before a vehicle appears in front, as Darth Varder says, in D mode hard to go over 2.5k rpm on my stupid 18 RFTs. At 4k rpm, could hear the air being sucked in (machiam like super charger) and acceleration was smoother up to 140kmh. This weekend taking it to NSH to rev it up. Knn, for almost $3k, it had better put a smile on my face. Definitely not going that way with the wife, which I said the gruppM only cost $1k:yummie:
not worth risking it on singapore roads. your license is one precious thingy if you want to continue enjoy your matachia. take your matachia to sepang, open until you *song*. is such a waste that your car are not used on the track.

with the gruppe m,i found that the throttle respond is more immediate now,could be sucking in more air at lower rpm or ability to suck in cooler air.

Darth Vader;289637 said:
with the gruppe m,i found that the throttle respond is more immediate now,could be sucking in more air at lower rpm or ability to suck in cooler air.

doesnt feel that way for me le. I must test your car:) . Maybe yr GruppeM use better material:angry:

Ahbengdriver;289644 said:
doesnt feel that way for me le. I must test your car:) . Maybe yr GruppeM use better material:angry:

maybe because i got better exhaust than stock too.

Ok now you guys install liao can answer a question I have: because your aftermarket airbox is so different in shape from stock, doesn't it disrupt the finely tuned resonance mechanism for the air charging or it doesn't matter for turbo cars? Usually results in lower low-rpm torque ...

centurion;289710 said:
Ok now you guys install liao can answer a question I have: because your aftermarket airbox is so different in shape from stock, doesn't it disrupt the finely tuned resonance mechanism for the air charging or it doesn't matter for turbo cars? Usually results in lower low-rpm torque ...

for my gruppe m,the shape and dimensions almost same as stock.stock use drop in rectangle filter.gruppe m use cone filter.

not sure if carbon fibre insulate heat better than plastics.

if you breathe more,you exhale more too.

so imho better intake requires better exhaust.

Darth Vader;289842 said:
for my gruppe m,the shape and dimensions almost same as stock.stock use drop in rectangle filter.gruppe m use cone filter.

not sure if carbon fibre insulate heat better than plastics.

if you breathe more,you exhale more too.

so imho better intake requires better exhaust.

Have you procede-ed?

Ahbengdriver;289847 said:
Have you procede-ed?

not yet.its the last in my mod list.people always say save the best for last.
i very kia su and kia si type.everything must be in order before i procede it.

Darth Vader;289850 said:

Sending you a PM.

Darth Vader;289850 said:
yes, that's the way. do all the hardware 1st than software. Kenn say one.

Yesss.....a good home is built upon solid foundations. My architect say one.

Ahbengdriver;289617 said:
:furious:

Wife said the sound of the gruppeM very 'beng' :( and bcos she drives it more than me, so now we have a small problem:singsing:

I feel the sound from Gruppe M not that nice !:lol2: Don't feel the power gain also ! Is it worth it?:confused:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneTab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back