DIY Coding

Re: DIY Coding

garycwh sapphire;1083118 said:
Did you set TI_TMC on and BMW ASSIST must be off.

The file that I edited the settings is now missing.

How do I get the file back to check the settings ?

DIY Coding

INSEADER;1083121 said:
The file that I edited the settings is now missing.

How do I get the file back to check the settings ?

I know it sounds fun and stuff, but remember this ain't the software of a $2000 computer but a $200000 car you are playing with...

Blue-Screen-of-Death-on-Fast-And-The-Furious-Arcade-Driving-Game-Simulator.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

IMHO... always good to DIY but going DIY on electronics on own car without any prior experience (on same matter) is not a very wise option... cars not cheap in SG... can end up like a 'penny wise pound foolish' thingy.

If any messed up, alot of time and effort goes down the drain... on the bright side, just a car, only need extra time, effort and money to get it rectified... lucky is not DIY a bomb from instructions purchased from somewhere, there's no 2nd chance once there is a mess up, kaboom!

Cheers. Above is IMHO only.

abit like last time people jailbreak their iPhones themselves and become iBricks

Thanks for all the comments.
I am trying to activate all the hidden function in the car not changing any program.
Just to share!!!!

MW;1083150 said:
abit like last time people jailbreak their iPhones themselves and become iBricks

Jb my iphone b4... No problem oso.

garycwh sapphire;1083163 said:
Thanks for all the comments.
I am trying to activate all the hidden function in the car not changing any program.
Just to share!!!!

Yeah, I believe if you do your homework before jumping in, there is not much risk. How do you think the other workshops (excluding PML and MA) learn how do it? I don't believe BMW offers training programs to everyone.

Besides, this is not like we are updating the firmware, which is much more dangerous.

Thanks for sharing Bro.

DIY Coding

First, not every workshop does or wants to do coding. If they are doing it, even to activate the most basic of hidden features, they are backed up by professional systems, some of which cost tens of thousands of dollars.

Second, whoever can do it, learnt it the hard way. Long before this thread was started, the coding movement was already popular. And it still is. But we often forget the number of rides that went up the lorry and had to be towed back (yes, towed back) to AD when something goes wrong. If they entertain you in the first place.

This is a forum where advice has to be given responsibly, especially when you are talking about our cars here. It all sounds great but do people reading this thread really know what they are getting into before they go out to eBay to buy a cable? Where is the warning to the newcomers above that anything can go wrong once you are inside.

Shouldnt trust whoever teach u the way to do it. Imagine there is 5 steps to code something but they only provide u wif 4.5 steps? Screw up ur own car n u wil b begging tat person for help n tats when u encounter problem. LPPL pay up to settle it. The person behind wil b laughing. Ahh... another one kana trap....

You believe what are being told there really works ?
Like ah yang said, they give you 90% guidance.
And when you get stuck, they come help you for a FEE

I rather pay the fee to our site sponsors

Last edited by a moderator:

You believe what are being told there really works ?
Like ah yang said, they give you 90% guidance.
And when you get stuck, they come help you for a FEE

if u r an IT nut, then any problems would just be trouble-shooting. The programs are dead type. Its the IT nut who plays around with it.

I am an IT idiot so I dun dare to play.

garycwh sapphire;1083225 said:
Hey don't get too far if you don't know me????

gary, not point at you but that forum

Its your car, you decide whats best. Even the site sponsor coders started off by DIY. If you are not sure, dun do it or else get help. I previously attended a gathering of enthusiasts trying to learn. Not fair to make assumptions.

Lets chill.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debet39com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back