Do you think this is acceptable from PML?

Re: Do you think this is acceptable from PML?

Everyone knows PML is bad, however BMW is good. Unfortunately they are our authorize reseller so we still have to suck it up. Unless we go PI.

well, at least problem is solved.

i agree that its carelessness on their part to allow somebody to kiss ur car after servicing.

they need to compensate properly on that.

hope all ends well.

YNWA

Thanks everyone on sharing my hear break...

It is definitely a very poor customer satisfaction when I receive my ride back yesterday. But it is not all bad things that I experienced from this too.

This thread definitely highlighted that PML did not push the blame away and instead, offer me whatever they can to make it as painless as possible. I think that is a responsible thing from their part. (or maybe I am just lucky?)

3 takeaways from this incident:
1. I think we should insist on CSA to walk the car with us during collection to prevent any conflict later on
2. Very responsible for this CSA of mine to admit the fault. (Dunno if GEMS can be used to give him a recommendation, but have to wait for him to get my car back to original state first)
3. Definitely have to do walk around check on your car after every servicing, repairs and modification

they probably need to implement better safeguards in future....maybe cordoned area for staff only until they drive out the car to you for pickup
u heng u meet a good SA.....not all so steady one

ya... One feedback i going to give them will be not to have self pick up...
I have 80% gut feel that it is because of this self pick up system, that let some A****** to bang my car while reversing...

haiz.... but I admit I am indeed lucky... the CSA is quite senior, in fact...

benedictz;796765 said:
Everyone knows PML is bad, however BMW is good. Unfortunately they are our authorize reseller so we still have to suck it up. Unless we go PI.

Hi Benedictz,

You have the option to go to MA. Let me know if we can have the distinct honour to do your business. I will arrange for you.

bro zeromax,

gosh..i feel heartache for your white horse.. now white horsy with "crooked teeth"...must remind myself to take video 1st before leaving it at PML during my
1st servicing..

sidder;797059 said:
bro zeromax,

gosh..i feel heartache for your white horse.. now white horsy with "crooked teeth"...must remind myself to take video 1st before leaving it at PML during my
1st servicing..
Ya... sad :(

Anyway, no need to take video la, just ask them to photocopy that form that they mark the damage on the car before taking over... and give one copy to you.. or can take photo on that...
So if anything happen when you collect your car, at least you have proof on that form that the damage is not there before you send your car into PML....
:)

Hope this helps...

M-Nut;796997 said:
Hi Benedictz,

You have the option to go to MA. Let me know if we can have the distinct honour to do your business. I will arrange for you.

Will definitely do that, thanks Hendra!

Last edited by a moderator:

fortunately got checked the car before driving off. or else i wonder what would happen....

Just got the news from the CSA that the bumper and grille are now in singapore, doing spraying job now... (quite fast as initially he told me to wait for 12-14 working days)...

Really hope to get it over and done with... :/

Ok... Here is the update for this unfaithful accident.

Today, as arranged, I drove down my "spilt-nose" white car to PML for the repair (changing a new bumper, grille and car plate).
As the bumper had been sprayed to my car's color last week, the job today is to just remove the old bumper and mould up the new bumper. Pretty easy? ( of course, with the headlight spraying system, it might be abit more work than the other models).

PML told me that it is a full one day job and can come and collect it at 6pm today. Ok, I take that, as ultimately, I just want my car to be fixed. Not that tough from a customer right?

The whole process of sending my car in, getting the loan car (320i) , meeting the service manager along the way (he was apologetic of what happened etc), was pretty smooth. I was there at 850am, and out of PML by 915am.

However, what really get into my nerve now is what happened later. At around 430pm, PML called. And guess what they said?

They told me that while taking off the bumper and installing the new bumper, they "found" some scratches on the mounts. Therefore the area need to be sprayed.
I was like, " huh? As a professional BMW service technician, removing and installing my car's bumper will result in scratches on my car body's mounting?".

I thought that by giving them one more chance in repairing my car, they will jolly well be careful with the car and get it done in the most professional way possible.

To continue that, after telling me that "irresponsible" damage, they told me that because of this, my car cannot be collected today and can only collect it tomorrow 11am.

This is the full story. No second parts will followed.

After that first incident, I did sent an email to the service manager ( whom I met personally today) and one more to BMW Asia (they called me at around 4pm today).
But after this second incident, I am now contemplating what I should do now... seriously.. I am totally utterly disappointed.

My car is just less than 2 months old and it is not damaged by me, but by the supposedly most trusted authorized BMW service centre in Singapore... haiz....

call you at 4.30pm said got scratches and need to "spray" and can collect your car tomolo 11am?
respray late afternoon and collect tomolo morning ... simply don't add up
don't know what to say

ok bro, maybe I rephrase it.

Today, they called me at 430pm, telling me that while doing the installation of the bumper, they realized that is some scratches on the area around the mounts (for the bumper to be attached to the car). Therefore, they went on to spray that area, which resulted in them unable to return me the ride today at 6pm. Instead, they requested me to come and collect my ride at 11am tomorrow instead.

Initial agreement: to send in the car in at 23/04/2012, 0900 and will get the car back at 23/04/2012, 1800

After the call from them at 430pm: the arrangement had changed from collecting the car at 23/04/2012, 1800 to collecting it at 24/04/2012 1100 ( all because of having scratches on the mount which I don't have any access to because I never remove my bumper before at all).

Hope it clarifies.

CMI. Really CMI.

I feel the pain bro. Can you feel mine too?

wobbles;799810 said:
CMI. Really CMI.

I feel the pain bro. Can you feel mine too?
Exact feel to how u are feeling right now...
UTTERLY DISAPPOINTED in them.....!!!!!

Lucky i never pay more to get from PML. End up also no guarantee of good experience.

But maybe we need to adjust our expectation. On a side note i always hear people telling me good things about Wearnes.

not taking sides here, but would you rather they pass you back the car without telling you about these "new" scratches they found?
i mean, no one will see them and if they chose not to inform you, you wouldn't know it at all. At least they are doing something about it. Maybe the scratches were caused when your bumper got bumped.

i wouldn't fuss that much over such a small issue if i had a loaner car. just one more night only. Ask for some $500 vouchers or somthing?
chill... (better then my experience at VW service center liao la.. hahahaha)

Wearnes so good meh? They offered to take in my friend's Defender recently for $800... yes, $800... he sold it on sgcarmart for 30k instead

Last edited by a moderator:

Mockngbrd;799828 said:
not taking sides here, but would you rather they pass you back the car without telling you about these "new" scratches they found?
i mean, no one will see them and if they chose not to inform you, you wouldn't know it at all. At least they are doing something about it. Maybe the scratches were caused when your bumper got bumped.

i wouldn't fuss that much over such a small issue if i had a loaner car. just one more night only. Ask for some $500 vouchers or somthing?
chill... (better then my experience at VW service center liao la.. hahahaha)

Wearnes so good meh? They offered to take in my friend's Defender recently for $800... yes, $800... he sold it on sgcarmart for 30k instead
I totally get what you mean, bro.

However, what I was told was that it is the area around the mount, not the mount itself. If it is the mount, of course, only when removal of the bumper then will you discover it.

But why would the mounting need to be sprayed at the first place? I was told that it is the area around it, which most likely caused by improper installation.

But nevertheless, I would still wait for tomorrow to see the car to see what happened to it. I did not have a good feeling about this...

I did understand your point of view, bro, just that for me to already encounter this initial accident in PML itself and subsequently this happened, very hard to chill la... :( not say I never give chance :(

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
by88zme

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back