Do you think this is acceptable from PML?

Re: Do you think this is acceptable from PML?

kelnalevin;800208 said:
he having his exam, i think he will collect after 3pm.

is Raining over at West area.......

cheersssssssss

Yep, I am back with my white horse le.
View attachment 35998
View attachment 35999
View attachment 36000
Looks all good and Chio and Swee Swee right? it is still ultimately, not the closure of this incident just yet.

I am at a point that I am allowing you to make the judgement yourself. I shall write out the whole conversation between me and the service manager. You all shall see what went wrong here.

Service Manager (SM): "Boss! Let me show you what is the misunderstanding about yesterday"
Me: "ok"

As we squatted down in front of the car, SM said, " here, whatever they told u over the phone is not what you think it is. The mount they are referring to is the white stripe at the bottom of your bumper. It is not together with the bumper and come with as a separate piece... What they discovered is that there are some scratches underneath that area, so they go and spray it, resulting in the delay."

He continued saying," the bumper is new, I rest assured it. But this white stripe is the old one, as there is no damage on it so they mount it back."
Taken aback, I questioned " I thought u say everything is new, none of the old one should be used back?"
SM: " yep, but since that white stripe is fully perfect, can put back, but thy got help u to respray it just in case :)"
I said, " you so sure the white stripe has no damage? "
SM: " yep, sure! They told me "
Immediately, I took my phone and show him this.
View attachment 36002
" you sure that is a perfect stripe?" I questioned.

... After which, he was speechless and dunno what to say about this and immediately said he will check it out and told me that he will go and order a new stripe for me and once it is here, he will change it for me.

I did not argue with him anymore. I kind of had enough already. So I said "ok, just get it done ASAP then."

That pretty much sound up my trip today to PML to collect my white horse...

It is all up to your guidance and comments on this ba :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Whoo hoo PML got pwned right in their face...true case of NPNT!!

Seriously they giving all sorts of bullshit reasons, next time need to record the conversation for evidence....they never learn their lessons..

i'm more interested to find out the "cause" of the damage
pml technician/sa drive and knock something or hit-and-run case when the car was parked after serviced (got cctv)?

hi bro zeromax,
u betta check thoroughly whether did they respray the bumper instead of getting a new one as they had claimed. based on your previous damage, your bumper can be easily knock back and respray..kinda of worry for you..as PML doesnt seems to be very honest

wt_know;800402 said:
i'm more interested to find out the "cause" of the damage
pml technician/sa drive and knock something or hit-and-run case when the car was parked after serviced (got cctv)?

Yep Bro. I am also curious on that too. So just now I did ask him about this. And we did a mini walk though over at the area. At the "collection" area, there is 2 x CCTV. ( one near the glass door, the other at the bend). He is still waiting for the tape to see if it did capture the incident or not. If it is by his own guy, he will take disciplinary action on him. But if it is one of the customer, he will see if PML want to go and find that person to claim the damage from.

Anyway, i already highlight this issue to BMW Asia HQ, so they are looking into it.

sidder;800417 said:
hi bro zeromax,
u betta check thoroughly whether did they respray the bumper instead of getting a new one as they had claimed. based on your previous damage, your bumper can be easily knock back and respray..kinda of worry for you..as PML doesnt seems to be very honest

Precisely! But from my naked pair of eyes, it looks really fine.. And I have no ways to verify it on paper... I actually very worried on that .. Should I have blind faith on them or what.. Sianz

zeromax;800435 said:
Precisely! But from my naked pair of eyes, it looks really fine.. And I have no ways to verify it on paper... I actually very worried on that .. Should I have blind faith on them or what.. Sianz

Ask to see the old bumper lor..but even if the wanna use back the old bumper they need to sand it down, respray wait for it to dry..then mount it back on..got enough time to do that? Yr car went in for how long?

zhenlie;800436 said:
Ask to see the old bumper lor..but even if the wanna use back the old bumper they need to sand it down, respray wait for it to dry..then mount it back on..got enough time to do that? Yr car went in for how long?

Hmmm...Went in from 9am till 11am the next day... Enough time? I think enough time actually

Last edited by a moderator:

From the photo, it is possible to use putty to patch up the scratches. Only their service personnel will know.

Well, I've lost all faith in PML's (in)ability to fix anything remotely challenging, apart from topping up washer fluid (and charging me for it).

I'll take my car to Munich for servicing from now on.

wobbles;800457 said:
Well, I've lost all faith in PML's (in)ability to fix anything remotely challenging, apart from topping up washer fluid (and charging me for it).

I'll take my car to Munich for servicing from now on.

some how or rather i think at times luck do plays apart.....................................( of course if can really find a 1000percent flawless workshop will be great but that is gonna be real tough i must say as we human being do make mistakes ).....just my opinion.....don't flame me.

* all the best to Zeromax bro...( definitely feel for you )
cheerssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

ac323;800461 said:
some how or rather i think at times luck do plays apart.....................................( of course if can really find a 1000percent flawless workshop will be great but that is gonna be real tough i must say as we human being do make mistakes ).....just my opinion.....don't flame me

bro Alvin, that's a fair point, and I agree with you.

If it's an error, admit it, don't try to smoke me, and fix it.

Hope bro zeromax won't have to face anymore smoke and mirrors when he goes to collect his white horse!

wobbles;800476 said:

Hope bro zeromax won't have to face anymore smoke and mirrors when he goes to collect his white horse!

many many many many years i also kena once but sent mine over to Kg Arang for polishing then rear bumper kena slight scratches but can see one (@#$#@#$%)..............but that one at least they admit it and re-sprayed it for me plus gave me a courtesy car so LPPL too.....

cheersssssssssss

Whatever it is just make sure u get sufficiently compensated. I would say around 2k in service vouchers would do it.

ktnpl;800453 said:
From the photo, it is possible to use putty to patch up the scratches. Only their service personnel will know.

Yes from the damage and the time spent at PML, definitely enough time to do a putty and respray instead of replace. Regardless better double check the spray paint under direct sunlight. Also glide your finger through to feel if there is anything uneven or rough. :D

helbreath;800545 said:
Yes from the damage and the time spent at PML, definitely enough time to do a putty and respray instead of replace. Regardless better double check the spray paint under direct sunlight. Also glide your finger through to feel if there is anything uneven or rough. :D

Did a visual and touch check on the bumpers and it's affected area... Bumper wise, it is very smooth even to touch check.. So I think it should be new one indeed. For the white stripe, by touch, you can feel a line on it, very obvious it is patched up...

Fortunately I did check on that yesterday.. Or else will get smoked...

wobbles;800476 said:

It is definitely an integrity issue... I dunno if I should pursue this case till the end or not, in term of getting compensation..

just want to share also, my 116i and my sister's 116i both were struck with coolant issues almost 1.5 months ago. her car was left at PML for 2 weeks+ because she had to wait for the coolant parts to arrive. after the coolant issue was fixed, she got back her car and found dents and scratches. of course she wasn't happy, new car, first coolant problem then gena dents and scratches. ok PML kind enough to respray and the car was fine like showroom standard after that.

next my car was sent in 1 week later than my sister, also to fix the coolant problem, so left the car at PML for 1 week, coolant part arrived and fixed, after fixed my father drove back, halfway another warning came out (dont know is what problem), then the sales person say got some problem again. so the car went back to PML for about 1.5 weeks again, had to wait for another part to arrive. ok fine yesterday got the car back, found scratches and paint chip off, no dents but disfigured.

really very disappointing. new car, new technology, coolant issue, put at workshop so long, dont even know whats going on. all we do is wait.

just to let everybody know should double check your car again before send for any service or repair. my sister car like that, my car also like that. we dont have so much time to wait and wait. its so troublesome.

hope everybody's car is well.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
by88zme

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back