E46 M3 CSL or E82 1 Series Coupe???

Mayhem

Hi all,
About time for me to sell off my current "wife" to change into a more "grown up car" as my family would say. Therefore I'm deciding between these 2 cars for my next car. Any recommendations? Btw would anyone know the price of the 135i, when it would be in and is it possible to get the ACS1 over here in singapore??

Many thanks

Re: E46 M3 CSL or E82 1 Series Coupe???

The M3 CSL is a legend, and I doubt you could get a used one. Think only 2 left here, owners wun sell. 135 coupe is coming May/June, should be in the bracket of $180K to $200K. But the M3 CSL and the 135 are two very different cars..... what exactly are you looking for?

I'm actually looking for a sporty car that is not as "hardcore"as my present ride... something to cruise the NS highway comfortably e.g comfortable, fast thru corners yet will not rattle my bones or drown out the radio while cruising on the NS Highway

regards.

Then cross out the 135. Cross out the 1-series. Cross out the 335 too, cause it is FI too, like your E9.

Oops, not many choices left.........

i don't mind it being FI, I like the power jus have to be a more supple ride then my current one abit more luxurious. Currently its on the HKS Hypermax pro performer, gives me a sore back whenever i drive to KL..

Pick up a used 6er....630 good cruiser:)

Don't really fancy the looks of the 6 Series but yeah I'll keep that in mind. So wat about the E46 M3s? is anyone sell their's ? and for the ACS1 no chance to get it over here in singapore? Sorry for all these questions.

Regards.

there are a couple of m3 for sale on sgcarmart

go check it out.

all the best in your search!

Heard from Danng that First Automobile quoting 182k for the 135i. As far as I know no one brings in the tuner specials. The prices will probably push them into price ranges that would make many people consider the alternatives - eg. Alpina B3 would likely be very close in price to the M3. It would take hardcore fans to choose a tuner special.

ACS1 will likely cost around the price of a 335i....

more comfortable than your current ride is almost anything.

Just a stock E46 M3 is great choice for a mature chiongster.

Hello, I don't think anyone has yet talked about the M3 which you have picked in particular. Yes the normal M3 would make a nice highway cruiser, by which I mean it's less likely to give you a backache.

BUT, the M3 CSL is a hardcore version, which according to you, is not what you are looking for. Here's why.

- Engine tuned to 360bhp; intake growl very discernable from inside the car, means you'll get a consistently loud drone as you 'cruise'

- No creature comforts; SG specced car has air conditioning, but no radio, no bluetooth connection, no iPod, no armrest even

- If you're lucky enough to purchase a completely unmodified M3 CSL, it'll be running Michelin Pilot Cup tyres which cannot be used in the rain

- The floor of the boot is made from cardboard, so you can't carry luggage

You get the idea. :) That and the fact that nobody would sell you one.

chinjmes;319400 said:
Hello, I don't think anyone has yet talked about the M3 which you have picked in particular. Yes the normal M3 would make a nice highway cruiser, by which I mean it's less likely to give you a backache.

BUT, the M3 CSL is a hardcore version, which according to you, is not what you are looking for. Here's why.

- Engine tuned to 360bhp; intake growl very discernable from inside the car, means you'll get a consistently loud drone as you 'cruise'

- No creature comforts; SG specced car has air conditioning, but no radio, no bluetooth connection, no iPod, no armrest even

- If you're lucky enough to purchase a completely unmodified M3 CSL, it'll be running Michelin Pilot Cup tyres which cannot be used in the rain

- The floor of the boot is made from cardboard, so you can't carry luggage

You get the idea. :) That and the fact that nobody would sell you one.

hi guys,

i'm lucky to have a csl as a second car.. the csl is no worse than a stock MR or s204.. really.. but it's more special and rare.. :)

tyres, yes can be an issue, but can easily changed. no point of armrest as the bucket seat wouldn't allow u to rest your hand there anyway.. radio can be installed and has been on my car.. cardboard, yes. much lighter than stock m3, but NO issue about carrying luggage, just urban myth.. hehe. 4 people carrier, daily drive, power on tap, can still park at the vallet without being awkward .. what more can u ask!

but when there's the urge to have fun, my GOD, you would get it! imagine having that privilege with your daily drive.. on and off mode! super!!

Bro,
handsdown the E46 M3.
Dont have to be the CSL..
Any M3 will rock ur world.

adliz;319444 said:
hi guys,

i'm lucky to have a csl as a second car.. the csl is no worse than a stock MR or s204.. really.. but it's more special and rare.. :)

tyres, yes can be an issue, but can easily changed. no point of armrest as the bucket seat wouldn't allow u to rest your hand there anyway.. radio can be installed and has been on my car.. cardboard, yes. much lighter than stock m3, but NO issue about carrying luggage, just urban myth.. hehe. 4 people carrier, daily drive, power on tap, can still park at the vallet without being awkward .. what more can u ask!

but when there's the urge to have fun, my GOD, you would get it! imagine having that privilege with your daily drive.. on and off mode! super!!

Despite having said all I did, I WANT YOUR CAR! :evil:

You lucky sod.

Mayhem;319266 said:
Don't really fancy the looks of the 6 Series but yeah I'll keep that in mind. So wat about the E46 M3s? is anyone sell their's ? and for the ACS1 no chance to get it over here in singapore? Sorry for all these questions.

Regards.

my friend is thinking of letting go his E46 M3 with full vorsteiner (spelling!) conversion. think the pics are somewhere in this forum. take a look and let me know if you want to be put in contact with him.

edit : found the thread for you - http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/lounge/16501-singapores-1st-vorsteiner-converted-e46-m3.html

cheers

kenntona;319247 said:
Cross out the 335 too, cause it is FI too, .

Ken

I didn't know that the 335 is not comfortable to cruise in on the NS. Is it really so? Is there a somekind of droning sound due to the FI? I've never had the chance to taxi-ride in a 335 on the NS.

I am considering a Golf Gti which is also FI. Is there the same issue. Anyone knows?

The Mixmaster said:
Ken

I didn't know that the 335 is not comfortable to cruise in on the NS. Is it really so? Is there a somekind of droning sound due to the FI? I've never had the chance to taxi-ride in a 335 on the NS.
DJ, I crossed out 335 not because it is not a cruiser. I crossed it out because he does not want something "hardcore" like the E9...........

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiabc8bot

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back