E46M3 vs E92 335i - Tested and driven

Re: E46M3 vs E92 335i - Tested and driven

jack, how does the gear ratio feels on low to mid? tall? short?

hitmee;165379 said:
what is the potential of 335i? can easily mod till 400hp too i guess

well DMS is confident of the 400hp upgrade for the petrol version and Visnu tuning has gonae way above that due to their early involvement in the tuning of the 335i. But i believe the M3's chasis will be much more reinforced for better stability and handling as compared to the e92 335i. which is why the 400hp V8 will just do all the extra weight some justice after all. I reckon the weight of the new ///M to not be more than 1.7tonnes.

Price difference between the M3 and the 335 will be another weighty issue, I reckon.

not forgetting the maintenance cost. New M3 road tax is gonna kill you.

which is why BMW has scored another major marketing success..

by pricing the 335 at only $238k (as compared to the rumours of 250-270k), BMW has effectively wiped out any competition from merc or audi or VW or Saab or volvo in this class... no better car can be found in this price range...

The M3 will continue to win fans and the premium pricing will add to that "feel-good" factor that buyers of that clientel value.

So, its bye bye merc and bye bye Audi for now...:nehnehhh:

Back to the drawing board...

:nehnehhh:

Doc, it's time for you to take stock and be 're-connected' with the roundel community. Hehehe..

SL2 - amitabha....

in this world there will never be satisfaction unless we are contented with what we have... (meditating)

oi, I got roundel at home mah... just that I dont drive it cos its a little bit slow... kekeke

SMYUEN;165454 said:
SL2 - amitabha....

in this world there will never be satisfaction unless we are contented with what we have... (meditating)

oi, I got roundel at home mah... just that I dont drive it cos its a little bit slow... kekeke
No no doc.. That one belongs to your missus. You should be getting one for yourself. And then be contented after that.. kekeke..

wait till a 335 overtake you then your mind will be corrupted

elmariachi;165429 said:
well DMS is confident of the 400hp upgrade for the petrol version and Visnu tuning has gonae way above that due to their early involvement in the tuning of the 335i. But i believe the M3's chasis will be much more reinforced for better stability and handling as compared to the e92 335i. which is why the 400hp V8 will just do all the extra weight some justice after all. I reckon the weight of the new ///M to not be more than 1.7tonnes.

Encik,
mana da u read Vishnu up-ed the 335 to >400bhp. Last I read was ard 380hp nia via the dont know what "xede".

share share leh, pak?

Hia-dees,
the other thing is....by doing this, will the 335i overheat n be able to take it? M3 is afterall an NA engine, while 335 turbo may become hot water kettle?

for those of you who have yet to test the 335....trust me on this one...go try it. the new auto gear box is instant. car is a lot more refine than an M3...which is a lot more raw. you want power..u get power...u want cruise u get cruise...no lag..nothing....electronic aids kick in a lot...but when u can hv power so low down the curve...its a good thing i find. i tested it in the storm 1 hour ago....brings out a lot in a car i find...the car can do with a CSL steering rack though...the chasis rigidity is superb...the gearbox is brilliant...its really is a superbly put together package.....238k worth it? yes every cent....btw....been told its possible to get close to low 23xK.....let me know if anyone is keen...will put u in touch with the sales i know...

so go try it.....

hitmee;165466 said:
wait till a 335 overtake you then your mind will be corrupted

yeah man.. i think the 335 can be a nice sports coupe with intake, exhaust and chip.. add bodykit, then :cloud9:

p/s: hitmee, are those rs4 rep on your car? are they 18 or 19? more pics pls :)

A recent car mag put the 335 in one of their annual round ups. They called it the laziest car to drive fast in :)

I don't think it was an insult.

And it was in very good company.. along with a GT3 and a 599GTB.

I am going for test drive next week... kekekeke

will post my review after that...

but wait, I think the M3 will be better.... kekeke

I shall try to remain uncorrupted.... hehe

SMYUEN;165562 said:
I shall try to remain uncorrupted.... hehe
Doc, I'll pray for you.. But with all the great FR, I think you'll end up being corrupted again. Hehehe..

Hia-dees,
the other thing is....by doing this, will the 335i overheat n be able to take it? M3 is afterall an NA engine, while 335 turbo may become hot water kettle?

The 335 has oil temp gauge so it should have oil cooler..
If not big enough or the positioning of the oil cooler isnt good enough then can go after mkt oil cooler.

Also, in a near future, I am sure there will be a bigger intercooler as wel..

So some uprated cooler systems may help, should help actually.

actually the engine bay space is very very tight....the turbos cant even be seen. i think it may be hard to drop in a bigger turbo....its the speed of the gear change that shocks me....its faster even than a porsches famed tiptronic....its very very close to that of SMG-II...

TripleM;165590 said:
The 335 has oil temp gauge so it should have oil cooler..
If not big enough or the positioning of the oil cooler isnt good enough then can go after mkt oil cooler.

Also, in a near future, I am sure there will be a bigger intercooler as wel..

So some uprated cooler systems may help, should help actually.

the 325i has an oil temp gauge as well, does that mean it has an oil cooler too?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mksportfit
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back