E60 questions before i Buy

kwekeroo

I am about to buy the E60 525 or 520 when i heard from several friends they would rather drive a GS300...Why???? -

Reliability. How is the E60 in realiability? Any major problems? What typical problems would you see in the E60? Is the 525 more reliable than 520?
Servicing : Isit expensive to service E60? How much average each time?
FC: GS300 excellent FC...But what is the average FC of a 525 (real world and not from brochure)

Re: E60 questions before i Buy

think they would go for GS coz its value for money. higher CC, more equipment but lower price.

havent really heard much reliability issues with 5 series from the bros here. 525 and 520 reliability should be the same. dun see why it would be diff.

u will be suprise that BMW servicing actually cost less than a similiar CC jap car. My 325 costs less to service that the IS250.

FC, i would think the bimmer would lose. but seriously, the cars u r lookng at have rather high displacement anyways. would that slight FC diff affect you?

Maybe you should ask your friends why they would choose the GS300 rather than grope around in the dark...

Choice of car is more often than not an emotional choice. If it is based on specs/dollar alone, you wouldn't see that many BMWs on the road.

Breyton;452248 said:
Maybe you should ask your friends why they would choose the GS300 rather than grope around in the dark...

Choice of car is more often than not an emotional choice. If it is based on specs/dollar alone, you wouldn't see that many BMWs on the road.
couldnt have said it better myself

Wait for the new 5 series.. Nxt year.. Swee swee

the gs300 is the ah pek crowd. if u want relac relac driving..listen music in a quiet cacoon then u r not the bmw guy. a bmw guy knows n appreciates handling above all else.

My honest opinion: Yes, the GS300 might have more bells and whistles than the E60 i.e. reverse camera, Mark Levinson Stereo, ventilated seats etc. However, I am pretty sure that all these won't matter after a while - the driving experience is paramount. You will feel in control when driving the E60, and might even look forward to the next corner. The same cannot be said of the GS300, however.

Furthermore, the rear seats in the GS300 are real cramped. Not family friendly at all. And somehow the GS300 cabin feels cheap, as there are too many parts recycled from the Toyota Parts Bin.

seriously you would agree with me when you look into both the 5 series and GS cabins. The 5 series is older than the GS and almost headed towards the end of its shelve life now, yet the cabin still looks classy and timeless. The GS looks very attractive and expensive initially, but only after a short while, it looks dated. leather, plastic and even the center console clock with an LED display thats looks like a casio watch are no match for the 5'er.

Hi kwekeroo,

all i can say is Nothing drives like a BMW..................
by the way both are good cars.........

Happy searching!!!

cheers

cheers

e60 is in its 7th year production and due to be replaced soon.. all bugs have been worked out pretty much... so relability is good had mine for 5 years since launch and was reliable as any bimmer could be. no complain!

it is just more and more e60s on the road if you can bear with that.... it looks tired these days

die hard lexus argued back then about how it will overwhelm the 5 when the GS300 was introduced back few years back... and see today..number of e60 still overwhelms the lexus..

darn.. i miss my e60 once a while... hahaha

Bro, PMed you my 2 cents worth.

Don't want to say things in public that may offend GS supporter:biggun: :biggun: :biggun: :shakebon: :shakebon:

The rest is up to you.

Cheers

looked at all the comments. thanks to all. I LOVE the E60.....now for the best part. buying it.

kwekeroo;452367 said:
looked at all the comments. thanks to all. I LOVE the E60.....now for the best part. buying it.

Muahahahahaha, the choice is clear.:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :woottt: :woottt: :woottt: :woottt:

Cheers

I was in the same mind - GS300 or E60. At the end of the day, stayed away from the Lexus coz its got no soul. Same reason why I could only tahan my Mark X for 2 yrs, and no matter what I did, the car still had no soul like a BMW.

Now when I drive my E60 and feel the roadholding, its really something else. The active steering really makes a big diff.

Ken told me to let all BMW would-be buyers know: I HAVE THE MODS FOR YOU!!

Kenn is da man.

MW said:
Ken told me to let all BMW would-be buyers know: I HAVE THE MODS FOR YOU!!
Clarification - I did NOT say that !!!

My take is to wait for the new 5 series since it is in the end of the life cycle, but if you insist on getting a GS vs. 5 now, I will go for the 5 since it drives better...

I guess the question is - why do you want to own a premium car ? Is it for performance, prestige, or pricing reasons ? There are cars that perform better than the E60, have better prestige associated to it, and cost less. However, I cannot find a single car or brand that has a better balance than the BMW E60. How you value each of these 3Ps will probably be different.
The reliability of my 523 is good (no problems so far), and the servicing cost has been low. The FC is good, although if it had bothered me, I would have bought a hybrid.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BettyLockwood
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back