E60 "Sports" Mode

Re: E60 "Sports" Mode

davidtch;954440 said:
My home to office is 5km & traffic on Geylang Rd is horrible. So, i cycle to work.

There are ways to lower it not by much.

If next traffic light is no more than 500m, juz let the car coast along without any throttle input. If kenna stomp, pls show us.

If it is a long stretch of clear road, accelerate fast so that it get to the 6th gear & coast at that speed.

Lastly, lift your foot off throttle as early as possible before the oncoming stop. Don't use neutral. It should be the highest gear possible.

Good advice. Haha.

Cycling can be dangerous. So please becareful.

Meek;954492 said:
Good advice. Haha.

Cycling can be dangerous. So please becareful.

watch out for cement mixers :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Boomerang;954340 said:
Philster Skinx and Black Rain kindly share your sports mode mod and the cost...I'm quite interested in enabling it...thanks! We should meetup! I own a small bistro @ Central Mall - Alchemysg.com perhaps we can talk over a beer there... :) my number 96920678

hi bro, sure! no problem. we can chat over a beer session! :) maybe we set a date and have a small group gathering?

skinx;954774 said:
hi bro, sure! no problem. we can chat over a beer session! :) maybe we set a date and have a small group gathering?

Ok! I'm having a lion dance on 15th Feb Friday evening about 6pm... might be a good time to gather forum friends together, have a few drinks? Are there any guidelines in this forum to organizing outings?

Boomerang;954787 said:
Ok! I'm having a lion dance on 15th Feb Friday evening about 6pm... might be a good time to gather forum friends together, have a few drinks? Are there any guidelines in this forum to organizing outings?

Hi!
I'm in. See you all there!!

Philster

Ok everyone is invited to a small get-together, no obligations as I will be at my bistro anyway (it's a small hole-in-the-wall pub actually). 15 Feb Friday about 7pm we can meet for drinks... 8pm is the lion dance... Family-friendly place...
Address:
Alchemy Bistro
3 Magazine Road 01-02
Singapore 059570

Map here: Alchemy Bistro Singapore - Craft Beers, Specialty Ciders and More! Check out this Singapore Pub today!

My number is 96920678 Isaiah, you can call me when you're there I'll introduce you to one of 50 different craft beers and ciders at my place :) Happy Hour prices all night long for BMW SG!

Hi All,

Just collected my 1st 09 E60 525 this week. Need some advise from all the pros here
> Is it advisable to switch to 'N' during traffic stop or remain at 'D'?
> Keyless access sometimes OK, sometimes not ok...need to pull handle a few times before can detec. Is this normal?

Thanks!

Boomerang;955018 said:
Ok everyone is invited to a small get-together, no obligations as I will be at my bistro anyway (it's a small hole-in-the-wall pub actually). 15 Feb Friday about 7pm we can meet for drinks... 8pm is the lion dance... Family-friendly place...
Address:
Alchemy Bistro
3 Magazine Road 01-02
Singapore 059570

Map here: Alchemy Bistro Singapore - Craft Beers, Specialty Ciders and More! Check out this Singapore Pub today!

My number is 96920678 Isaiah, you can call me when you're there I'll introduce you to one of 50 different craft beers and ciders at my place :) Happy Hour prices all night long for BMW SG!

I'm in too. See you guys :wavey:

yegh55;955171 said:
Hi All,

Just collected my 1st 09 E60 525 this week. Need some advise from all the pros here
> Keyless access sometimes OK, sometimes not ok...need to pull handle a few times before can detec. Is this normal?

Thanks!

just stick to D, no point switching to N.

Mine used to be at 4.7km/l. Then I did my servicing and flashed all softwares 2 times over. And then reset all adaptations.

Now it 7-8.

100% city driving.

Xiaodi;949619 said:
Bro, mine only 5.6km/l. Ron 98. Almost 100% city driving. Seldom rev but still bad. If I got sports mod I think lagi jialat. Btw, We met at kallang 5series meetup. I bought your kaki's ride SKG black E60. Thanks for enlightening me on the folding mirror.

Cheers!

Red_Bean_Bun;955186 said:
Mine used to be at 4.7km/l. Then I did my servicing and flashed all softwares 2 times over. And then reset all adaptations.

Now it 7-8.

100% city driving.

8 is reasonable. My Mark X also about there. Can share with me which workshop u go to.

Thanks

Red_Bean_Bun;955186 said:

Now it 7-8.

100% city driving.

8 is reasonable. My Mark X also about there. Can share with me which workshop u go to.

Thanks

Boomerang;955018 said:
Address:
Alchemy Bistro
3 Magazine Road 01-02
Singapore 059570

ok bro.. see u there! :)

yegh55;955171 said:
Hi All,

Thanks!
If in a quite long traffic stop, i'll just press 'P' and pulls the handbrake. Other than that i just keep stepping on the brakes.
Its not normal to pull the handle a few times to unlock the door. I just nee to hold the handle and the door is unlock.

Philster;935367 said:
According to our US cousins, Can. :)

wah, can anyone recommend somewhere I can get this SPORTS mode upgrade mode?
read in earlier threads about possible DIY?! is it really that simple?

whats these pins that we are talking bout guys?

newbie here! just drove my e60 523i for about a year and i think it's time to gear it up!

titanax;987886 said:
so wat happens on Sports mode with juicebox ??

Extra juicy lor
BTW, none of singapore E60 use juice box
Only use power box

flamcaster;987516 said:
wah, can anyone recommend somewhere I can get this SPORTS mode upgrade mode?
read in earlier threads about possible DIY?! is it really that simple?

whats these pins that we are talking bout guys?

newbie here! just drove my e60 523i for about a year and i think it's time to gear it up!

Yah man, where can get this Sports Mode thingy done, interesting, I thought only way to increase throttle was the Power Box which I already installed. But Power Box have to trigger on during engine start, this sports mode thingy seemed to be ' on tap' ?

My ride is 523i XL. Interested with this tread on "sport" mode.

Pls advise;
- where can this be done?
- can it be done with just the "sport" button switch (without the steering and gear knob)?
- how much would it cost?

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back