• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

E60LCI Sports Shifter Retrofit

Re: E60LCI Sports Shifter Retrofit

Kelvin Bek;472328 said:
Hi bro, wow really really swee mod...please PM me the price and where to get it done...thanks

kwekeroo;472360 said:
v swee. I have a 525 and it does not come with the SAT. But i love the set up.....please pm me the price that you did yours. thanks

PMs sent !!!

Hi Bro

Driving a 530i and would like to change to SAT with the damaged known. Please PM me, thank you

Ktoh

Ktoh;473962 said:
Hi Bro

Driving a 530i and would like to change to SAT with the damaged known. Please PM me, thank you

Ktoh

PM sent! .

715;435444 said:
Overall, I love the mod very much, and no regrets on the money and efforts spent.

Dude, that is an absolutely DISGUSTING MOD and I don't know why anyone would wanna spend the money to do that. I think you should de-mod and sell the stuff to me, I will gladly do you a favour and generously buy the parts from you at half price.

Oh wait, I can't as mine is a pre-LCI.

I'm just joking, great looking mods!

Ktoh;473962 said:
Hi Bro

Ktoh

530i LCI comes standard with sports automatic gearbox.

ravenwolf;474353 said:
Dude, that is an absolutely DISGUSTING MOD and I don't know why anyone would wanna spend the money to do that. I think you should de-mod and sell the stuff to me, I will gladly do you a favour and generously buy the parts from you at half price.

Oh wait, I can't as mine is a pre-LCI.

I'm just joking, great looking mods!

Haha! I really love this SAT mod, especially the gear shift itself, it's really worth it even just for the looks!

avinash;479941 said:
can this mod void my bmw warranty

I think so!

Any mods are sure to void your warranty for the related parts at least!

715;435444 said:
I found this retrofit in the US E60 forums. Couldn't resist the poison and took the plunge and ordered in the parts.

Before:
06052009004.jpg

After:
06052009006.jpg

07052009010.jpg

The Sports Auto Transmission (SAT) is standard in the 525 last year (I don't know if the current 525 still gets this) and was not available in my 523.

Besides changing the gear stick, the ECU or gear selection switch (the whole base of the gear shift) was changed as well. There is also an additional "SPORT" button. If you turn on the SPORT button, the steering is stiffen up, and the gear takes longer or higher rev to change up.

What I like about this mod:
- asthetics and ergonomics of the new gear knob
- heavier steering with more feel when the SPORT button is on
- gear drags longer before changing up (more than DS mode) without the need to floor the pedal
- almost instantaneous gear change when you're in manual. There is a lag effect in the standard auto transmission when you're in manual.

Overall, I love the mod very much, and no regrets on the money and efforts spent.

Also, change my standard steering to the SMG sports steering at the same time:

Standard steering:
Beforejpg.jpg

SMG Sports Steering:
After-1.jpg

And finally a picture of the demodded parts:
08052009013.jpg

Also, many thanks to Ah Wee and the BVO boys for fixing up all these for me! Great job!

Do let me know if anyone is interested in this and need any more info or help.

Cheers!

(PS. Apologies for the bad quality pics taken with my phone!)

WOW! bro! Nice mod! where do you get the DCT gear & SMG sport steering i am interesting can pm me please

Bmw38;479963 said:
WOW! bro! Nice mod! where do you get the DCT gear & SMG sport steering i am interesting can pm me please

Thanks.

It's not DCT, it's SAT.

SAT parts ordered from Eng Soon.
SMG steering and airbag from Ebay.
Installed by BVO.
Total damage about 2.5k.

715;479965 said:
Thanks.

It's not DCT, it's SAT.

SAT parts ordered from Eng Soon.
SMG steering and airbag from Ebay.
Installed by BVO.
Total damage about 2.5k.

Thank bro will ordered tomorrow.
thank you and have a nice day

2.5K for all this is damn cheap. Good find for the e60 brudders. Thanks for sharing.

Yes, imho it's really damn value for money. Cheap and good things don't come by easily nowaday, haha!

Yeah, tell me about it...can't find any good and cheap enhancements for my ride. Even if I ask, people say "Wah Kaoz...drive 6er still want bargain bits?" LOL. It's tough to be a 6er owner.

Can this be done on my '04 (Pre-LCI) 530 E60? Really a nice mod....

Dav_C;484114 said:
Can this be done on my '04 (Pre-LCI) 530 E60? Really a nice mod....

No, it can only be fitted in LCI that has the Electronic Shifter.

However, you can fit the M5 shifter in your pre-LCI, which is also a very cool mod.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sathyaaimore
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back