E90 320i boot no "cushioning " when closed

raymysterio

Hi,

like to check with bros here your E90 got any "cushioning" when closing the boot. Mine will slam when you close it without support. Thanks

Re: E90 320i boot no "cushioning " when closed

Just go change the gas damper. U can get and change urself. simple 5min job.

iirc, one pair from eng soon @$50 +-$5.
just need a test pen or a flat metal thing to undo the clip and snap it on.
simple.
go google for youtube video on how to do it.

yup,, I did it myself too..

could be ur hydraulics too. it does helps ur boot to close slower.

I've the same problem too. Any updates if you changed the damper?

Thanks

raymysterio;1002319 said:
Hi,

like to check with bros here your E90 got any "cushioning" when closing the boot. Mine will slam when you close it without support. Thanks

redline15;1007914 said:
I've the same problem too. Any updates if you changed the damper?

Thanks

Haven went ahead to change yet as quite busy these couple of weeks.

Thanks to all the bros for the replies...

I have the same problem too. The lid is heavy & troublesome. I did bother to do anything before. Thanks to this thread and all bros who have contributed, I'll proceed as instructed. Great forum!

Remember to pry the metal lock spring at the ball joint carefully ....... Else it will spring out and fly out - you don't want that.

I ordered mine from eng soon.OEM cost about $30 each and original about $60 each,currently OEM no stock so got to wait.

Red_Bean_Bun;1057804 said:
Remember to pry the metal lock spring at the ball joint carefully ....... Else it will spring out and fly out - you don't want that.

Bros who have done this, can you please clarify whether the best technique is to pry the lock spring completely off, fit the new damper than reapply the spring or do you just push the spring to one side? The u-tube videos are not very clear on this.

Don't pry it all out ..... Tough to put back with the damper in that position at the trunk.

easy;1057855 said:
Bros who have done this, can you please clarify whether the best technique is to pry the lock spring completely off, fit the new damper than reapply the spring or do you just push the spring to one side? The u-tube videos are not very clear on this.

daz3;1057852 said:
I ordered mine from eng soon.OEM cost about $30 each and original about $60 each,currently OEM no stock so got to wait.

saw on ebay selling around 20 each. might even be better with groupbuy. cheers

Red_Bean_Bun;1057804 said:

wow bro... jus saw tis post.... CFO complained i closed the boot to hard.... time to change mine too... new slogan!!!! CHANGE IS THE WAY TO GO!!!! hehehe

casper77;1058133 said:
wow bro... jus saw tis post.... CFO complained i closed the boot to hard.... time to change mine too... new slogan!!!! CHANGE IS THE WAY TO GO!!!! hehehe

after u changed. ur CFO will complain. How come now so difficult to close the boot. Need more strength to close it. haha. Happened to me......

Just did it: S$64.20 for a pair incl gst (OEM Germany). Works great! The new ones will come with the new clips intact. I suppose then it does not really matter if the old clip did fly out, except if it hits you or someone - do be extra careful (especially with the eyes!!). Be firm and pry it open bit by bit. Once the top & bottom joints become loose enough, you'll be able to detach the whole thing by pulling away from the ball joints, one joint at a time. Fit the new ones in and push, it'll snap right into place. Once you buy the new springs, examine the clip joint closely & you'll have a better idea of how the clip works.

Cochran;1058140 said:
after u changed. ur CFO will complain. How come now so difficult to close the boot. Need more strength to close it. haha. Happened to me......

Bro, no ping pong... she complained cos she sitting inside... i always the one who do the "job" hehehe

stiffzzzz;1058141 said:
Just did it: S$64.20 for a pair incl gst (OEM Germany). Works great! The new ones will come with the new clips intact. I suppose then it does not really matter if the old clip did fly out, except if it hits you or someone - do be extra careful (especially with the eyes!!). Be firm and pry it open bit by bit. Once the top & bottom joints become loose enough, you'll be able to detach the whole thing by pulling away from the ball joints, one joint at a time. Fit the new ones in and push, it'll snap right into place. Once you buy the new springs, examine the clip joint closely & you'll have a better idea of how the clip works.

Bro, ware u get it from? care to pm? Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gmbet888comph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back