E90 320i Exhaust Muffler Reviews

Re: E90 320i Exhaust Muffler Reviews

Being a newbie in this forum, I'm truly inspired by the acoustic sensation of this thread, thanks to all the Bros who contributed to these reviews.

Hence today, I took the leap to emplace my standard exhaust to SS. Every detail described about this exhaust is 100% accurate. (which is what I wanted) :cloud9:

From the moment I left ubi (Jxxx Cxxx) this afternoon until now, I never fail to grin when I step on the accelerator. :)

A slight set-back was wifey comment. "Now the bimmer sound like a motorcycle" :furious:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jessgoh;583690 said:
Being a newbie in this forum, I'm truly inspired by the acoustic sensation of this thread, thanks to all the Bros who contributed to these reviews.

Hence today, I took the leap to emplace my standard exhaust to SS. Every detail described about this exhaust is 100% accurate. (which is what I wanted) :cloud9:

From the moment I left ubi (Jxxx Cxxx) this afternoon until now, I never fail to grin when I step on the accelerator. :)

A slight set-back was wifey comment. "Now the bimmer sound like a motorcycle" :furious:

[/url]

Good choice! I saw supersprint videos on Youtube.. very nice sound even at idle! Don't worry wifes never understand these things.. hahaha. I tell mine about exhausts and intakes and she just rolls her eyeballs.

the growl did sound likes superbikes
i'm sure you're enjoying the vroom vroom each time you step on the accelerator :D

pbear1973;583696 said:
Good choice! I saw supersprint videos on Youtube.. very nice sound even at idle! Don't worry wifes never understand these things.. hahaha. I tell mine about exhausts and intakes and she just rolls her eyeballs.

Thanks pbear! on the upside, she doesn't complain about droning, whahaha :lol2:

Absolutely wt, and the growl is subjective to each individual, I was a rider (when bike COE was $1) hence this growl is memories of my riding days (better still in air-con now) :cloud9:

Bro,
Good choice!! Luv the rumble! :shhhh:

And the biggest credit goes to your concise write-up and references in the thread ...... thanks again Bro Avatar :thumbsup:

Now you know your thread is a legend :goodup:

hey guys i was wondering if the supersprint exos would fit on a facelifted e90 320i?

Eisenmann Exhaust on 320i

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrdFx2OdA0M]YouTube - Eisenmann Race Exhaust on 320i[/ame]

1 more video Eisenmann Race Exhaust.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gKsI3_F-PM]YouTube - Eisenmann Race Exhaust on 320i[/ame]

Jessgoh;583690 said:
SS actually sounds good on 320. I like the sound too.

Jessgoh;583690 said:
My sister says the same about my exhaust.

D.N;584046 said:
swee. btw, is this E-sports or E-race? May be useful info for the rest of the guys.

jamhoe2;571333 said:
My new E93 323 is on stock exo now, contemplating on wat to get.
Any bros can give review of eisenmann/sebring/supersprint/Remus on a 323 or 325?
I am more keen in quad, but if a twin gives better performance..... I might give it a shot!
Hmmm.....confused!!!
I felt less "lag" at the low end on my friend's 325 which has an E-Race (single muffler).

Jessgoh;583690 said:

Thanks for posting the pics...looks very nice...:drool:

BTW, the SS is not LTA frenly ya?

First Review

Supersprint Muffler

LTA-Compliant: No (Caa 24 Aug 10)
Price: SGD1k+
Sound on Startup: Bassy with a low Boom :cloud9:
Sound when idling: Bassy (Quite close to a Boxer engine sound...think WRX!!!)
Sound < 2000 RPM: Low rumble
Sound > 2000 RPM: Loud Growl :evil:
Drone when cruising (80km/h): Yes

YouTube - BMW E90 320i Supersprint Exhaust 1.mp4

Review:
This muffler fits people who have a liking for JDM sound. The startup is nice, bassy with a low boom. Very Sporty. However, there seems to be a slight loss in low end torque. Car was a little sluggish. Surprisingly, when I put to DS mode and tried shifting the car manually, the car felt much more responsive. Pair this with a ///M Steering wheel with paddle shifters and feel the exhilaration. There is a noticeable lag at the high end, but the car lurches forward and delivers power at quite a linear pace. When the car is moving along at < 2000 RPM, there is a low rumbling sound, very nice and sporty. However, when it goes above 2000 RPM, you can hear the loud burble. There is a growl at higher RPM and speeds. I changed the muffler as I felt that this sound is quite intimidating (especially when a 320i is not powerful enough). For drone, it was unbearable at > 3000 RPM when I first installed it in a new car. However, after uninstalling it after 2 weeks and reinstalling it after 60k mileage, the droning was much reduced and was much more bearable.

The Exhaust tips are thick and shiny. Personally, I feel that these are the best twin tips for the 320i now.

First things first - thank you for starting this very interesting thread. I have found it extremely useful! It is always great to have honest reviews and with videos to boot!

With reference to the Supersprint mufflers, any idea where I can get one installed for my 2009 model 320i (E90)? Are they LTA approved?

Had a "cockeye" Impreza years ago with SS installed. Brings back memories. :)

Thanks in advance!

check with jeep chee at ubi. supersprint for 320i is NOT LTA approved
vroom vroom ..... :D

premraj;585854 said:
First things first - thank you for starting this very interesting thread. I have found it extremely useful! It is always great to have honest reviews and with videos to boot!

With reference to the Supersprint mufflers, any idea where I can get one installed for my 2009 model 320i (E90)? Are they LTA approved?

Had a "cockeye" Impreza years ago with SS installed. Brings back memories. :)

Thanks in advance!

wt_know;585856 said:
check with jeep chee at ubi. supersprint for 320i is NOT LTA approved
vroom vroom ..... :D

Thanks for the advice, wt_know.

Any idea what is approved for the current 320i?

LTA approved for 320i list are below
price is for reference only. it may move up or down.

1. sebring ($1.3K)
2. remus ($1.4K+-)
3. arqray ($1.9K)
4. eisennman sport ($2.5K)

wt_know;585866 said:

1. sebring ($1.3K)
2. remus ($1.4K+-)
3. arqray ($1.9K)

thanks a million, wt_know.

much appreciated!

wt_know;585866 said:

1. sebring ($1.3K)
2. remus ($1.4K+-)
3. arqray ($1.9K)

sorry I'm quite new to the conti scene.

did a little search and found which shop carries arquay.

what about sebring?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taixiugo88club
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back