E90 engine oil leak experience

Re: E90 engine oil leak experience

Hi,
Can PM me address and contacts for Francis's workshop? Thanks in advance.

SapphireSpite;945640 said:
Pm"ed

Btw he is a very nice guy

Went to look for Francis this morning.I must say he is really a very very nice n approachable person.
I made an appointment with him just to find my ride problems. I reached there at 9am, he spent 2.5hours troubleshoot, test n explain to me in details. Definitely, look for him for all my wear n tear replacement in future.

Thanks to bro IKM,
Canuck 78 and Aaron_BMW recomendation. Cheers!

xxxseeker;952262 said:
Bro, I have 2006 e90 too facing oil leaking prob.. Can see visible oil on the silver ridge next to engine collecting it.. Went to change the vacuum pump leaking even worse.. Can share the JB workshop details? How long did it take at JB to fix ur oil leak prob? Tks in advance for your guidance. Fr The Beemer rookie

the leak there is due to vacuum pump and/or the rocker cover gasket. if the workshop changed the vacuum pump and did not change the rocker cover gasket, chances are the leak is from the gasket or they screwed up the vacuum pump change.

Check ur mail bro...PMed u...

Last edited by a moderator:

hi fellow bros ,can pm me the address and contacts?

thanks bro for the info....

Hi, Anyone pls PM me adress and contacts for Francis's workshop? Thanks in advance.

hi there,

i have brought my car to pml for servicing and they quoted several areas that needs to be done up to address oil leaks issues.

Engine rocker gasket> oil filter housing gasket> engine oil pan gasket> rear crankshaft gasket> vacumn pump> vanos o ring

so any one have any idea how much approximately will it cost to get it done locally with a local workshop.

I do not know that there are oil leak issues till they bring it up to me during the servicing. Everything seems to be in order with no warning signals.

Have anyone heard of bmworkshop in bukit merah? any feedback on this workshop?

any comments are appreciated.

you can try R2d.

confirmed good.

chop + stamp.

Sorros;960124 said:
hi there,

i have brought my car to pml for servicing and they quoted several areas that needs to be done up to address oil leaks issues.

Engine rocker gasket> oil filter housing gasket> engine oil pan gasket> rear crankshaft gasket> vacumn pump> vanos o ring

so any one have any idea how much approximately will it cost to get it done locally with a local workshop.

I do not know that there are oil leak issues till they bring it up to me during the servicing. Everything seems to be in order with no warning signals.

u can try bvo or 2277,tried both ,quite good also

i second that.. good expertise, honest and frank.
The only problem is very hard to get hold of him. Very very busy dude.

jinooi;960131 said:
you can try R2d.

confirmed good.

chop + stamp.

Bro, how old is your ride? And mileage?

My ride was around 90K when it was leaking (actually the oil just disappeared, not really leaking). Tried replacing gaskets, rings, pump, etc but the problem did not go away. Ended up doing an engine overhaul.

Please seek opinions from at least two workshops (excluding PML and MA).

Sorros;960124 said:
hi there,

lkm;887638 said:
They can check.... But at this age, things start to fail. An "OK" report does not in any way guarantee that nothing will break down over the, say, next 6 months! Sometimes, when things fail, they just fail.... haha...

But that said, don't let that affect your enjoyment of the ride! Just accept that you will have to spend $$$ and time fixing some small issues. Generally, nothing really huge that you should worry about - apart from gearbox and engine issues.... =)

I send my 2006 E90 to PML for checks and they pick up Disc undersize, absorber leaks. 3 days later, my headlight alarm came on (internal wiring insulation cracked and wire exposed) and air-con failed (gas leaked) and PML did not pick them up durign the checks.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

My car is around 4.5 years with mileage around 85k. pml quoted me around 3k plus to get all these replace and rectify.

Most pro wil give r2d a try, was asking about bmworks in alexandra because one of my friend recommend this workshop and it is near my home.

Was jus wondering if it is ok to set an appt to assess the cost and do they charge for the diagnosis?

Anyone have done such repairs before and whats the approximate damage?

thks for your valuable inputs.

cheers.

I was thinking maybe the issue is not really major yet and was wondering should i drag a while before getting it done.

Hi guys,

jus an update.

i have email a couple of workshops to give me an approximate quote.

One of them was saying it was around the range of 1.5k-2k based on what pml have highlighted. It is a sponsored workshop here.

As for another workshop, i was quoted around 3.2k as they say they will likely to replace the hose also. here is the reply by the workshop.

usually when these gasket leaks, the oil hoses we would recommend to change too.this is due to the fact that the life span of all these rubber gaskets and hoses are almost identical.when one starts to leak, the rest would be leaking in no time too.since we are replacing the oil pan gasket, we would replace the engine mounting too as the engine must be hoist up in order to replace the oil pan gasket.usually we would charge one labour rather than you coming back the next time round to replace other parts and charge you another labour (engine mounting and oil hoses)ultimately the choice to fix which parts is yours.the more troublesome parts to replace for your car is the crankshaft gasket, i have to bring down your gearbox in order to replace the gasket.a rough estimation of the parts that i recommended and including those from PML is about $3200 before gst

PML charge 3k plus but without changing the hose and etc that this workshop is asking me to change.

It seems there are great disparity in the quotes and things that needs to be done.

i will bring my car down this weekend to get a close up inspection so as to get an accurate quote by the local workshops. will keep u guys posted then.

thks.

personally,

i would first go to the workshop that quoted 1.5-2K to have a feel and see if the place and I "click" or not.
reason to pay them a visit first is cause they quoted what you asked for.
this shows that they answer questions directly. most people will assume that you know your stuff when direct questions are asked, so a direct answer is good.
if upon the visit and the workshop finds that the hoses and other stuff need to be done, I sure they will consult me and if the price is affordable and can "click" with the place, just get it dont there and dont bother visiting the next workshop.

if dont click, then go check out others.

Sorros;960341 said:
Hi guys,

jus an update.

i have email a couple of workshops to give me an approximate quote.

One of them was saying it was around the range of 1.5k-2k based on what pml have highlighted. It is a sponsored workshop here.

As for another workshop, i was quoted around 3.2k as they say they will likely to replace the hose also. here is the reply by the workshop.

usually when these gasket leaks, the oil hoses we would recommend to change too.this is due to the fact that the life span of all these rubber gaskets and hoses are almost identical.when one starts to leak, the rest would be leaking in no time too.since we are replacing the oil pan gasket, we would replace the engine mounting too as the engine must be hoist up in order to replace the oil pan gasket.usually we would charge one labour rather than you coming back the next time round to replace other parts and charge you another labour (engine mounting and oil hoses)ultimately the choice to fix which parts is yours.the more troublesome parts to replace for your car is the crankshaft gasket, i have to bring down your gearbox in order to replace the gasket.a rough estimation of the parts that i recommended and including those from PML is about $3200 before gst

PML charge 3k plus but without changing the hose and etc that this workshop is asking me to change.

It seems there are great disparity in the quotes and things that needs to be done.

i will bring my car down this weekend to get a close up inspection so as to get an accurate quote by the local workshops. will keep u guys posted then.

thks.

keithloke;898232 said:
by the way folks, my ride is 1.5 months "new". got it from a dealer, went through juzz cars 101 pt check, passed but still this shit surfaces. before possible engine overhaul, i have already paid more than $3k in repairs over the last 6 weeks.

for fun facts, i am opening up a case with CASE under lemon law to get some Restitutions from the car dealer. texted the dealer and asked him to revert and the fellow totally ignored me. but watch this space, i will get back my dues. :)

Did you have any luck with CASE and the lemon law?

Bros,

Do pm me the workshop contact too!

Thanks alot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Depo288
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back