E90 engine oil leak experience

Re: E90 engine oil leak experience

Any bros here done their brakes at francis place? My stock ones needs replacing.

Just an update, it's been 6 months since I repaired my oil leak at francis and happy to say that problem has not resurfaced.:woottt::woottt: Keeping my fingers crossed.

propertyhans;963374 said:
Any bros here done their brakes at francis place? My stock ones needs replacing.

Just an update, it's been 6 months since I repaired my oil leak at francis and happy to say that problem has not resurfaced.:woottt::woottt: Keeping my fingers crossed.

Good to hear that your oil leak problem solved!

Replacement of brake components is easy... Just don't forget the brake sensors..... One for front and one for back.... Also, BMW's rotors are designed to wear quite quickly too.... So you may need to replace them too... I change my rotors every other brake pad replacement...

lkm;963468 said:
Good to hear that your oil leak problem solved!

Replacement of brake components is easy... Just don't forget the brake sensors..... One for front and one for back.... Also, BMW's rotors are designed to wear quite quickly too.... So you may need to replace them too... I change my rotors every other brake pad replacement...

Mind sharing what's the damage for replacements as mentioned? Also where did u get it done. Going to give Francis a call soon to check. Can pm me if not convenient.

Hi! if anyone is going up to see Francis I am keen to follow. Perhaps next weel? PM me and we can arranges.

cheers.

hi there,

Do count me in as I am keen to go to Francis workshop which I am not familiar with the route.

propertyhans;963804 said:
Mind sharing what's the damage for replacements as mentioned? Also where did u get it done. Going to give Francis a call soon to check. Can pm me if not convenient.

Brake pads about $120 per set.... Rotors approx $75 (rear) and $95 (front). Sensors are around $16 / pc - you need 1 for front and 1 for rear...

lkm;963931 said:
Brake pads about $120 per set.... Rotors approx $75 (rear) and $95 (front). Sensors are around $16 / pc - you need 1 for front and 1 for rear...

Hi, mind sharing where to get it done? Thanks!

liviolow;963976 said:
Hi, mind sharing where to get it done? Thanks!

I did it in my usual workshop in JB.... Cheaper labour.

lkm;963931 said:

Bro u did it at permas jaya? U buy ur own parts or Francis supply?

Swee la! Random call to local workshop say need min $5xx for brake pads, reset compt and brake fluid plus labour. Nv mention sensors and rotors. Maybe included?? Suspect they gonna tell me only after I bring car in. Usual tactic :laughlik:

wow,so many bros going to boleh land.i think i willl give it a try too

Today check the engine oil level, after abt 7000km ,instead of max, it drop to 3/4.Is it normal? i changed my oil level sensor already.

Hi guys, would appreciate a pm for Francis' workshop address in JB (any mobile contact?). Thanks a bunch :)

I had my oil leak issues rectify yesterday. It was like consuming 1 litre for every 400km wa lau si bey siong. And water drys up after every 500km.
When the car was jack up you can see the oil dripping below even without opening up the cover.
Initial accessment found the leaking between the brake vaccum pump and the engine.

Had the oil sump seal, brake vaccum pump replaced and the engine top gasket. And a black cover with 2 sealing rings inside ( not sure what was that) that is causing the water leakage.

And since need to remove the gearbox to access to these areas. Might as well get them to rectify my gearbox jerking issues which is not happening always but coming quite frequent now. And since my mileage now 115k liao. I can see a big one is coming.
Not sure was it a good price but after much bargaining had the GB changed to a recon one with warranty. Was thinking might as well change the GB rather than change parts here and there further more got warranty. Thus including the above parts change for the engine. Total damage amounting to 5 grand. Now bleeding in my pocket liao.:(

Mklow;966448 said:
I had my oil leak issues rectify yesterday. It was like consuming 1 litre for every 400km wa lau si bey siong. And water drys up after every 500km.
When the car was jack up you can see the oil dripping below even without opening up the cover.
Initial accessment found the leaking between the brake vaccum pump and the engine.

Had the oil sump seal, brake vaccum pump replaced and the engine top gasket. And a black cover with 2 sealing rings inside ( not sure what was that) that is causing the water leakage.

And since need to remove the gearbox to access to these areas. Might as well get them to rectify my gearbox jerking issues which is not happening always but coming quite frequent now. And since my mileage now 115k liao. I can see a big one is coming.
Not sure was it a good price but after much bargaining had the GB changed to a recon one with warranty. Was thinking might as well change the GB rather than change parts here and there further more got warranty. Thus including the above parts change for the engine. Total damage amounting to 5 grand. Now bleeding in my pocket liao.:(

:ultrasho:

Mklow;966448 said:

Where did you change ...local or jb?

Yo bros can pm me the address for the jb work shop thanks. Need to get my E90 fixed up too.

That is painful.................

Mklow;966448 said:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rik88me
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back