E90 power window

Re: E90 power window

Maybe he recon the spoilt parts, the green clips. The rest can be te-used. $160 is indeed beyond rock bottom price

chinweyngee;1053672 said:
tks all BMW bro. I did the repair @ muar ws as I was in the town. MYR 250 part +30 labour. ws said right rear is very prone. the day before I went, ws also repair another BMW same problem same window. the other 3 windows ws said so far no encountered. btw mine the part is not original as the motor still working

Which part of Muar? Price in MYR:)

richardwan;1053009 said:
Mine also broke a few weeks back, when going through the customs. There was a PIAK sound, like something snapped or broke. I could hear the motor working but the window was not moving. Slowly, the window slid down until it disappeared. Had a most jittery time having supper in JB.

It is the rear right window (driver side), same as yours. From bro canuck's link, it seems that this particular power window is very prone.

The next day, I called Mr Tan of powerwindow9797 at around 10am. He came by my place at Yew Tee at around 11.30am and took less than 15 min to fix it. Process is similar to the link by bro canuck. Cost is less than $200.

Y didnt i see this thread earlier????? :mad: Happens to me ysterday!!!!! damage is $350 to replace!!!! :shock:

casper77;1055894 said:
Y didnt i see this thread earlier????? :mad: Happens to me ysterday!!!!! damage is $350 to replace!!!! :shock:

That's quite a sum to pay, bro! The part (original BMW) alone cost $135 from Eng Soon. More than $200 for labour for a relatively simple job is quite a bit.

But of course, if yours happened in the middle of the night and you needed "express" and "urgent" service, and the mech drove down to your car which is parked in some relatively ulu place in Singapore, then the cost not that bad lah.

Bro, it happened yesterday lunch and drove down to the ws. Was told a quick job, prep the bill to be 200+..... end up a whopping $350.... LOL....

Aiyoh.... pain pain.... NVM, now you know how useful forums like this can be... =)

My rear right side popped few days ago.

This is few months after I fixed the rear left side haha so they do go out in pairs.

Used clear masking tape to hold it so far no issues. Gonna try Mr Tan from power window later to see since it's not that much more $ than DIY!

i was using my other cars for the past few weeks.
Just found the rear window driver side drooping down like a stroke victim.
dont even know how long its been broken bcos we seldom drive this car

lan lan drive to a friend w/s. paid $219
half day leave --- $xxx
got fxk by my boss --- priceless

my green clips were broken

eokh;1056193 said:
i was using my other cars for the past few weeks.
Just found the rear window driver side drooping down like a stroke victim.
dont even know how long its been broken bcos we seldom drive this car

lan lan drive to a friend w/s. paid $219
half day leave --- $xxx
got fxk by my boss --- priceless

my green clips were broken

bro, still cheap compared to mine... hahaha

casper77;1055894 said:

Me too!! I heard the same sound.. after which my window became non-operable

Can we sticky this? Was quoted close to $300 and one day down time by WS at woodlands! Someone I got chided why I never call to book...as if I know when my window will spoil....

Mr Tan is so friendly compared to some ws. Lucky woodlands near his home.

propertyhans said:
Someone I got chided why I never call to book...as if I know when my window will spoil....

I have heard the other side of the story. At those kind of timing, 10 pm, you cannot simply drive in and expect empty slots to work on your car. Pays to call in advance to check.

Nothing to "chide" about if you understand that human beings need to rest too.

propertyhans;1065593 said:
! Someone I got chided why I never call to book...as if I know when my window will spoil....

By the same token, anyone can drive into PML or MA at anytime and ask to repair engine cos "as if I know when my engine will spoil"??

Just asking...........

MW;1065641 said:
By the same token, anyone can drive into PML or MA at anytime and ask to repair engine cos "as if I know when my engine will spoil"??

Just asking...........

Can!!!! if u walk in PML and MA everytime a new Yam series is launch and tell them u wan the car by nex week and without asking price...

Go ur house fix also can lor....

alvinado;1065701 said:
Haha That's Mr TAN!

Totally agree, went to sembawang to meet him ard 1130pm.Completed the job really fast plus 3 months warranty.

His company is call Power window 97 if i am not wrong.

Different expectations. We might wrongly assume that all workshops like GP clinic or A&E, if come in with self-declared emergency will get triaged first and potentially fast-tracked. For my own workshop I am used to just turning up at their doorstep, but on several occasions they also too busy to serve me. In this case, it is well known that appointments are preferred so its best to have back-up service-provider if you need an urgent fix. Fortunately for us all, for this problem there is an excellent alternative, so lets be thankful and move on.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back