E90 power window

chinweyngee

I tnk i closed the right rear door too hard. The window lost the up down motion. When i activate the switch, i can hear the motor click sound. I can clamp the window with my palms & move the window up down. BTW OPC show power window symbol.

Tks for helping.....

Re: E90 power window

Your window regulator has a green plastic component that either snapped, or wire cable broke.

Normal wear and tear item very common with rear bmw windows.

Cost $150 for parts from Eng Soon, not sure about labour but it's a 1 hour job to change it.

Tape up your window (top only) since it's rainy season now and get your workshop to fix it for you tomorrow.

Mine also broke a few weeks back, when going through the customs. There was a PIAK sound, like something snapped or broke. I could hear the motor working but the window was not moving. Slowly, the window slid down until it disappeared. Had a most jittery time having supper in JB.

It is the rear right window (driver side), same as yours. From bro canuck's link, it seems that this particular power window is very prone.

The next day, I called Mr Tan of powerwindow9797 at around 10am. He came by my place at Yew Tee at around 11.30am and took less than 15 min to fix it. Process is similar to the link by bro canuck. Cost is less than $200.

It happened to me too. My RIGHT side broke first. Then followed by the LEFT side a month later! Talk about being suay!

Anyway, for bros who have this issue, an EMERGENCY TEMPORARY fix is first manually pull up the window glass using your palms. Thereafter, use your windscreen handphone holder (or any other "sucker") and place it on the bottom of the window. This prevents the window from "falling" / sliding down due to gravity. I had that in place for about 1 week before getting the window fixed. Was busy back then.

Haha bro lkm, yes, good things come in pairs lol.

But seriously, i used clear masking tape (those you use for house moving), just 2 strips is strong enough to hold.
I had my window taped for 1 month on my car before i fixed it, was out station for a while so can't help :)

lkm;1053144 said:
It happened to me too. My RIGHT side broke first. Then followed by the LEFT side a month later! Talk about being suay!

Anyway, for bros who have this issue, an EMERGENCY TEMPORARY fix is first manually pull up the window glass using your palms. Thereafter, use your windscreen handphone holder (or any other "sucker") and place it on the bottom of the window. This prevents the window from "falling" / sliding down due to gravity. I had that in place for about 1 week before getting the window fixed. Was busy back then.

The exact same thing happened to me just now! I was searching for a workshop to send to on bmw-sg. Lucky I saw this thread and I called Mr Tan of powerwindow9797. He was nearby my location and he came down immediately to fix it for me. Everything in $160.

kwlai;1053197 said:
The exact same thing happened to me just now! I was searching for a workshop to send to on bmw-sg. Lucky I saw this thread and I called Mr Tan of powerwindow9797. He was nearby my location and he came down immediately to fix it for me. Everything in $160.

Does $160 include a new parts?

I think he mention $160 all-in, darn can't be beat price, almost at DIY rate.

Think he gets parts at bulkier cheaper cost than stockist

Yep. I asked him how much and he simply said all in, $160. :goodup:

As to whether the parts are new or refurb, I have no idea. The repair process took around 10 minutes.

BTW, I just got my E90 (2006) less than a week ago and this happens :(

kwlai;1053304 said:

As to whether the parts are new or refurb, I have no idea. The repair process took around 10 minutes.

Actually the part that breaks is just a green plastic component. The rest of the frame and wire usually is fine.

That said as long as it gets repaired its fine.

E90 320i wear and tear quite heavy, be prepared for more maintenance bills down the road :) We all been through it

tks all BMW bro. I did the repair @ muar ws as I was in the town. MYR 250 part +30 labour. ws said right rear is very prone. the day before I went, ws also repair another BMW same problem same window. the other 3 windows ws said so far no encountered. btw mine the part is not original as the motor still working

Yeah either the green retaining clip or wire is the suspect. Good thing not expensive to fix :)

more to come. when u drive,u like it. to maintain, you hate it.

kwlai;1053304 said:

canuck78;1053265 said:
I think he mention $160 all-in, darn can't be beat price, almost at DIY rate.

Think he gets parts at bulkier cheaper cost than stockist

Parts alread cost about $150. If $160 include labor how to made money.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
empireriddeinc
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back