ECU remapping...

Re: ECU remapping...

Bro Niteblu

Thanks !

Ok - I'll try that and let you know if it works..

But dont hold your breath, wont be back in town till after Jan 1, 2009 and I will get that done and then call Snowdog to remap my ECU.

Merry Xmas everyone... I am freezing my butt off here

niteblu;401444 said:
Oh Seetoh.

Isaac here.
We were rushing to get the M3 ARBs in earlier.
As Chris headed down to SG a couple of times.

We're all mad busy at work now. Chris is travelling all over the shop.
So please hang on to the M3 ARBs.

We'll come by to install them someday soon.

:D

The bars are still here... no worries. See u this afternoon. :)

michaelp;401788 said:
Bro Niteblu

Thanks !

Ok - I'll try that and let you know if it works..

But dont hold your breath, wont be back in town till after Jan 1, 2009 and I will get that done and then call Snowdog to remap my ECU.

Merry Xmas everyone... I am freezing my butt off here

Gotcha! :)

Hi snowdog,

I just got my new e60 BMW 520i and I am considering about improving my car performance. Can you PM me the cost for ecu remapping and also help me with the following questions on remapping:
(1) What is the gain in bhp?
(2) Will ecu remapping reduce the car torque?
(3) Is it reversible?
(4) Will it cause damage to the engine over the long-run?
(5) Will it affect fuel efficiency?
(6) Will it void the PML warranty??

Thanks
Kah Seng

kahseng;407261 said:
Hi snowdog,

I just got my new e60 BMW 520i and I am considering about improving my car performance. Can you PM me the cost for ecu remapping and also help me with the following questions on remapping:
(3) Is it reversible?

Thanks
Kah Seng

PMed u... :)

kahseng;407261 said:
Hi snowdog,

(3) Is it reversible?

Thanks
Kah Seng

can you pm me the answer but my is E92 325.

I had my car ECU flash upgraded a couple of years back. There was a real perceptible difference across the range. Snowdog's HIOP reflash really works. However, last week, my car went for servicing and I forgot to tell the guys there that I had an ECU reflash...they duly updated my software as part of the servicing and probably overwrote the flash ( irreversibly ). Now my car feels flat. Moral of story. Don't allow them to update yr software next time you bring yr car in for servicing if u don't want them to erase yr new ECU flash.

By the way Snowdog, please pm me how much if I wanna reflash again ( 730i, 2004 ). Thanks

Thats the only problem when it comes to ecu reflashes. It all depends on how tight you are with your service manager. For some, you can tell them your mods and they'll be fine with it. The other wannabe righteous ones will cringe at the sight of an aftermarket CAI.

Just like how Kenn and Booby are so tight, you can't unhinge one's hip from the other's rear end....but thats another story.

yky;408699 said:
I had my car ECU flash upgraded a couple of years back. There was a real perceptible difference across the range. Snowdog's HIOP reflash really works. However, last week, my car went for servicing and I forgot to tell the guys there that I had an ECU reflash...they duly updated my software as part of the servicing and probably overwrote the flash ( irreversibly ). Now my car feels flat. Moral of story. Don't allow them to update yr software next time you bring yr car in for servicing if u don't want them to erase yr new ECU flash.

By the way Snowdog, please pm me how much if I wanna reflash again ( 730i, 2004 ). Thanks

And how time flies...

You are not the 1st to "experience" this. A lot of owners got this "treatment" too. :yummie:

I have PMed you... :)

ACS6;408706 said:
Thats the only problem when it comes to ecu reflashes. It all depends on how tight you are with your service manager. For some, you can tell them your mods and they'll be fine with it. The other wannabe righteous ones will cringe at the sight of an aftermarket CAI.

Just like how Kenn and Booby are so tight, you can't unhinge one's hip from the other's rear end....but thats another story.

Hahahahaaaa... :lol2:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kinggroup
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back