ECU remapping...

Re: ECU remapping...

wt_know;453259 said:
pardon my ignorance. hope this is not a silly question

specs on paper
a. E90 320 (pre-facelift) = 150bhp & 200Nm torque
b. E90 320 (LCI) = 156bhp & 200Nm torque

323 was also improved from 170bhp to 190bhp right
But, 323 use 325 engine but detuned. I guess they just have to open the tap bigger to release more power

For E90 320, both pre-facelift and LCI are using N46B20 engine right.
So, how did BMW gain the extra 6bhp without making any changes to the engine ?

Does that mean E90 LCI just use a different ECU map on the same engine to produce more bhp ?
So, we can improve the ECU map further to produce 163 bhp & 210Nm torque (5% gain) ?

I'm getting more excited for 8% gain

I know snowdog has PMed manys liao for the % gain :D

Hahaha... no worries. Here goes... :)

To make 6 more horses out of a NA engine is not that difficult. It is probably done by tuning the ECU.

On the 323 and 325, certain hardwares are still different, in order to boost that much of a horsepower.

On the 320s, that we have done, what you ask for is not impossible.

:D

dsdfan;453295 said:
Thanks for the info, See Toh.
I meant to ask: if after the re-map, there is no power increase, or the car starts to malfunction after a few days, will Wetterauer re-flash the original ECU map and refund the payment?

A 7 day warranty is offered by few tuning companies. Thanks.

That has never happen to the cars we have done. 7 days is not a problem. :)

snowdog,

will get the antidote for my virus once i have assessed the various options ... :thumbsup:
by the way, i want to keep the engine 100% stock (ie: plug, ignition, exhaust).
the only thing that i'm willing to change is the air filter to hurricane/k&n drop in
and your 7 days warranty is opened right ? :D

snowdog;453511 said:
On the 320s, that we have done, what you ask for is not impossible.
:D

Hi Snow dog,

Does the 318i and 320i uses the same engine? They have the same capacity on paper.

If so, then tuning can make a 318i into a 320. Which means that the 318i can be tuned to give 170hp (320's 156hp + 15hp with ECU Remapping). Does this means that there is more upside to gain with a 318i than a 320i when is comes to ECU remapping.

Not sure if I am over simplifying things.

wt_know;453773 said:
snowdog,

will get the antidote for my virus once i have assessed the various options ... :thumbsup:
by the way, i want to keep the engine 100% stock (ie: plug, ignition, exhaust).
the only thing that i'm willing to change is the air filter to hurricane/k&n drop in
and your 7 days warranty is opened right ? :D

Of course, of course. And, I am only a phone call away.

:goodup:

Soonster;454175 said:
Hi Snow dog,

Does the 318i and 320i uses the same engine? They have the same capacity on paper.

If so, then tuning can make a 318i into a 320. Which means that the 318i can be tuned to give 170hp (320's 156hp + 15hp with ECU Remapping). Does this means that there is more upside to gain with a 318i than a 320i when is comes to ECU remapping.

Not sure if I am over simplifying things.

On paper, the torque is the same as well... :ultrasho:

What you said is true. Possible...

My car is 2006 523i e60. May i know the price for the ecu remapping , how long will the remapping takes and also the hp gain. Thanks.

snowdog;456306 said:
Fuel consumption is the same, if not better.

PMed you. :)

Bro,

Can I be assured that after remap it will not disappear after a few months if no software updates will be done. Because I heard some bros saying that the effect diminished after several months....

Thanks!!

I think its becoz the bros get used to the added punch and after a while they yearn for more, hence the diminishing effect. Same as my velocity. Now setting 4 also not much kick liaoz...how? LOL

is it because the ECU can learn and relearn

vegadonovan;456836 said:
Bro,

Can I be assured that after remap it will not disappear after a few months if no software updates will be done. Because I heard some bros saying that the effect diminished after several months....

Thanks!!

wt_know;456893 said:
is it because the ECU can learn and relearn

Learn and relearn is part of the nature of the ECU. But learn, relearn and decide to kick out a custom software is kinda unheard of. Come to think of it, it is in fact scary for the ECU to do that. It's almost like it has a life of its own. Imagine it one day deciding that you need a day off, or avoid a trip down to Sar Lau, then lock up the ignition? LOL.

Kidding aside. I believe the software will not disappear for no reason, unless your SA overwrite it during servicing.

haha, that's funny... sigh.. yes if it relearns and mitigates the aggressive settings in the ECU then its very sad. Seems like we can do anything permanently....without going for remap every few months...

The workshops will love you to bits if your ride did exactly that. Heck! I'll be your tuner and charge you half price if you come back to me every month for an 'update'. LOL.

+1 for this :D

ACS6;456881 said:
I think its becoz the bros get used to the added punch and after a while they yearn for more, hence the diminishing effect. Same as my velocity. Now setting 4 also not much kick liaoz...how? LOL

agreed that a custom software will not "dissappear" for no reason. however, based on my limited knowledge the ECU do "tune itself".

ACS6;456939 said:
Learn and relearn is part of the nature of the ECU. But learn, relearn and decide to kick out a custom software is kinda unheard of. Come to think of it, it is in fact scary for the ECU to do that. It's almost like it has a life of its own. Imagine it one day deciding that you need a day off, or avoid a trip down to Sar Lau, then lock up the ignition? LOL.

Kidding aside. I believe the software will not disappear for no reason, unless your SA overwrite it during servicing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go8868co
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back