ECU tuning on the F20

Re: ECU tuning on the F20

yah who is 1984?? lucky my pager bo hiang...

I did my tuning with Juzz (ask for See Toh). Car feels much faster @ pickup, and comes with better economy. Definitely worth the $$, should have done it earlier.

Blanc;856518 said:
I did my tuning with Juzz (ask for See Toh). Car feels much faster @ pickup, and comes with better economy. Definitely worth the $$, should have done it earlier.

U install kellener ? What's the damage? :confused:

group buy coming up? Since I'm in contact with Peter for the ACS kit!

My worry is only if PML or MA will void the warranty even though it's a piggyback.

unknown;857006 said:
Anyone knows if this is good?

Welcome to ECUTECH

Bro,

Had a look at the site and the product picture. Its similar to TMC. In fact its the same red resin casing. I'm willing to bet they have the same map installed. Cos they all come from Speed-buster.de.

Full power will come in after a short run-in period (100 to 200 km). Not super smooth, but you should find it torquey once boost kicks in at 2000rpm. For more linear results, its best to ecu-tune (assuming it can be safely bench-tuned). So far its been nearly impossible to bypass OBD protection, cos its encrypted. Bench tuning has its inherent risks and you can forget about warranty.

Singsider;857048 said:
Bro,

Had a look at the site and the product picture. Its similar to TMC. In fact its the same red resin casing. I'm willing to bet they have the same map installed. Cos they all come from Speed-buster.de.

Full power will come in after a short run-in period (100 to 200 km). Not super smooth, but you should find it torquey once boost kicks in at 2000rpm. For more linear results, its best to ecu-tune (assuming it can be safely bench-tuned). So far its been nearly impossible to bypass OBD protection, cos its encrypted. Bench tuning has its inherent risks and you can forget about warranty.

I see. Just have alook only as its quite affordable

Singsider;857048 said:
Bro,

Are you on any of these box?

Sent from my GT-I9300

Honestly, I'd get a piggyback from a renowned tuner as I'd expect there to be more R&D done. I'll be interested if it were one of the bigger names.

leslie11;857224 said:
Honestly, I'd get a piggyback from a renowned tuner as I'd expect there to be more R&D done. I'll be interested if it were one of the bigger names.

Yup. These big tuners often offer better, more comprehensive guarantees and warranties. So they tend to be safer options. Its best to go with a tuner that has a strong working relationship with the manufacturer (like MTM and Audi). The price is not cheap but you do pay for what you get.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Forrestgum;857213 said:
Are you on any of these box?

Sent from my GT-I9300

Nope, but i used to be distributor for TMC. :) now taken over by Autostrasse.

leslie11;856978 said:

My worry is only if PML or MA will void the warranty even though it's a piggyback.

PM me when there's a GB !:)

Hi Bros,

Spoke to Calvin today as well. Nice chap!

He's given me some indication on price and min order quantity. Basically he charges $1.5K for each customer. This I think is a reasonable amount as the outlay on his end is considerable (about 30k Euro), and this is the average price for custom tunes. He also has his own dyno, so you can expect a high level of precision mapping for each car (Calvin is among the best in this business). Lastly, its the same protocol as the manufacturer, so it will not trigger the ecu flash counter.

He needs 30 customers to break even. While this sounds alot, his system allows for tuning of all F -series models (F10, F20, F30, etc). So we can actually combine with other F-series bros to hit this number. Btw, I'm not affiliated to Eurosports in any way, and my purpose is only to get my car tuned eventually and reliably.

If you are keen, please indicate here. Feel free to invite other F-series bros here as well! :D

Nick/Name/Model
1. Sunstorm/Lawrence/F20
2. Darren/F20 116i
3. Singsider / F20 118i

leslie11;856978 said:

If is piggy back got to ask Peter to teach us how to plug out or if he can take out fr us like one day prior to service at pml n plug back in fr us. Usu piggy back not detectable unless something webt wrong. But what is the GB price fr the kellener?

ginmin;865395 said:
If is piggy back got to ask Peter to teach us how to plug out or if he can take out fr us like one day prior to service at pml n plug back in fr us. Usu piggy back not detectable unless something webt wrong. But what is the GB price fr the kellener?

My gut feel is around 2k. :) spoke to j4c earlier and they said they can give 10% for GB.

Autovox does its SKN bench tune at 1.9k. Need to hack open ecu, so not for the faint hearted! :D

ginmin;865395 said:

Singsider;865409 said:
My gut feel is around 2k. :) spoke to j4c earlier and they said they can give 10% for GB.

Guys, pls note that Juzz It Up and Juzz 4 Cars have gone their separate ways. I agree that the GB price should be 10-15% off. How much is the KS if we buy from them direct?

The installer for the piggyback will usually provide the removal and re-installation service as part of the piggyback package.

Added: Sorry Sunstorm for the OT, if you meant this thread for the custom tuner's discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:

leslie11;865463 said:
Guys, pls note that Juzz It Up and Juzz 4 Cars have gone their separate ways. I agree that the GB price should be 10-15% off. How much is the KS if we buy from them direct?

The installer for the piggyback will usually provide the removal and re-installation service as part of the piggyback package.

Added: Sorry Sunstorm for the OT, if you meant this thread for the custom tuner's discussion.

Hi Leslie,

no issues. I'm also quietly monitoring the thread to see if I can sufficiently get enough people interested. Once we have a suitable mass, then the conversations can start with Calvin.

On another note, while waiting for the critical mass to happen, I came across another tuning box from Koch. Custom map from Helmut Koch for 1 Series specifically addressing low end performance.

The price tag is alot more affordable compared to Kelleners and is marketed by Monster Tune. List Price is $1300 but I'm pretty sure a GB can bring it down too.

Numbers wise, similar to just about every tuning box currently in the market for the F20.

cheers

sunstorm;865740 said:
Hi Leslie,

no issues. I'm also quietly monitoring the thread to see if I can sufficiently get enough people interested. Once we have a suitable mass, then the conversations can start with Calvin.

On another note, while waiting for the critical mass to happen, I came across another tuning box from Koch. Custom map from Helmut Koch for 1 Series specifically addressing low end performance.

The price tag is alot more affordable compared to Kelleners and is marketed by Monster Tune. List Price is $1300 but I'm pretty sure a GB can bring it down too.

Numbers wise, similar to just about every tuning box currently in the market for the F20.

cheers

Also quite an interesting tuning solution, especially for those who don't want to take risks on ECU tuning. Tuning boxes provide an affordable and reversible way to up your boost.

However if you want a smoother ride and more linear acceleration, then ecu tuning would be the best way to go. If Calvin can guarantee that the tune is undetectable by BMW diagnostics, then this would be a winner. Also good for those intending to mod their intake and exhaust later on.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back