Engine coolant water topup

Re: Engine coolant water topup

Algino;1029585 said:
What ?! Water pump should replace every 80k ?! My ride already 160k mileague and the water pump still running good and never change before lei ??? Finger crossed ...

Hahahaha... seriously.

Bro, next time just bleed by turning the bleeding screw quarter turn .......

Broken float won't affect anything.......

richardteh;1029526 said:
Was sucking out some coolant with a syringe because overfilled and accidentally broke it.
Stick still with me but unable to figure out if it can be connected back. Maybe it is broken from what I read online when doing some search. Any advice what is my appropriate next steps to get it fix?

The old birds will tell you Performance motors or Munich Auto.
Rules abiding 村民 (like me) will say site sponsors.
But you should go to the place where you service your car. Unless you've never sent in before.
Cheers!

richardteh;1029580 said:
Bro Vansoh,

Any workshop to recommend to do the change? Thanks!

Red_Bean_Bun;1029589 said:
Bro, next time just bleed by turning the bleeding screw quarter turn .......

Broken float won't affect anything.......

Thanks bro, will bear that in mind.

So does it means there is no harm if I do not replace the broken float? Only concern will then be when to stop when topping up coolant (when necessary) because there is no longer any indication without the level float, right?

You can still see the hole where the water flows inside. Should just fill below that .....

richardteh;1029626 said:
Thanks bro, will bear that in mind.

So does it means there is no harm if I do not replace the broken float? Only concern will then be when to stop when topping up coolant (when necessary) because there is no longer any indication without the level float, right?

Zincman;942921 said:
bro,pm replied.hope u solve your coolant leaking problem

Bro, pls PM cost of replacement of hose and water pump and also which workshop. Thanks!

anyone can advise whats the lead time for topping up the coolant water? as i don find a leak when servicing but i have to top up the coolant about every 6weeks. the level always went down about half every time i check. is it normal?

For a car more than 3 years old 6 weeks to top up slightly is ok.
Watch water pump normal lifespan 70-100k km.

Just want to check, what's the operating water temp for e90 320i. I plugged in my scangauge and it shows 108 degrees!

lesliek;1030621 said:
Just want to check, what's the operating water temp for e90 320i. I plugged in my scangauge and it shows 108 degrees!

105 to 108 is fine :)

richardteh;1030632 said:
105 to 108 is fine :)
For N/A, it is too high. It should be around 100.

hi bros, need some advice from your experience...
you all do preventive maintenance? cooling system items like water pump, radiator, different different hoses, etc
if yes at what mileage is recommended?
any other things recommended for preventive maintenance?
thanks guys...

davidtch;1030683 said:
For N/A, it is too high. It should be around 100.

I service my car at One of the AD. Usually, my temp is around 108 degree C and my SA told me perfectly ok between 105 and 108 degree C.

Seems high at 108c.

richardteh;1031013 said:
I service my car at One of the AD. Usually, my temp is around 108 degree C and my SA told me perfectly ok between 105 and 108 degree C.

Last night I also got that warning light. I drove for abit from bugis to Punggol via kpe so probably did some 20+ km only. Parked the car and checked this morn.

The level is below min and I topped up with water first to the max for the float. Checked below no apparent leakage of blue or air conditioning coolant.

I last serviced the car around a month ago 70k km servicing when it was around 68k and now my mileage is around 72++k so roughly did 4k km in BTW.

I will monitor next few days after cool down to see if the water drops alot. But my qn based on my scenario below is it normal evaporation.

Nattsg;1047861 said:
Last night I also got that warning light. I drove for abit from bugis to Punggol via kpe so probably did some 20+ km only. Parked the car and checked this morn.

The level is below min and I topped up with water first to the max for the float. Checked below no apparent leakage of blue or air conditioning coolant.

I last serviced the car around a month ago 70k km servicing when it was around 68k and now my mileage is around 72++k so roughly did 4k km in BTW.

I will monitor next few days after cool down to see if the water drops alot. But my qn based on my scenario below is it normal evaporation.

Too early to tell ...... You use distilled water ?

Tap water. I will have to buy distilled water and coolant from nearby station later and monitor

While monitoring what I wanna check with u guys is it normal 4-5 weeks we need to top up coolant

Nattsg;1047865 said:
While monitoring what I wanna check with u guys is it normal 4-5 weeks we need to top up coolant

I open up the cap and top up a small vol of distilled water according to the dipstick every 1-2 week. How much do you need to top up each time?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunwin20date

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back