Ethics: Rebadging to a 330

Re: Ethics: Rebadging to a 330

GetzMan said:
My Getz has been rebadged to Boxster S and am ready to chiet anyone here :evil:

Go back to your HCC forum and dun be a poser here! :dance: :thinking: :dance: :thinking:

quiksilver said:
GetzMan said:
My Getz has been rebadged to Boxster S and am ready to chiet anyone here :evil:

Go back to your HCC forum and dun be a poser here! :dance: :thinking: :dance: :thinking:
I jio u from Ford Road carpark to Kallang Macs carpark and give you 2 lamp posts. I am very fair one

Hi,

I am Ben. Met a few of you guys during soccer games at Portsdown and Meetups.

Hope you guys remember me. Anyway if anyone of you happen to see a green BMW and it says 325i, thats my humble ride.

It's a 318i actually but did the change due to personal reasons... as 325 was my staff ID in a certain uniform group and pals of mine remember me by it hence thought it's cheaper to let them recognise me along the roads than bidding for the reg plate... (Maybe one day when I have the spare $$$, might just bid for it tho).

Please dun laugh at me okay... But do honk to say hi.. :)

Take care and enjoy your week

Cheers!

Ben, not you lah. No worries.

benikoh said:
I am Ben. Met a few of you guys during soccer games at Portsdown and Meetups.

Hope you guys remember me. Anyway if anyone of you happen to see a green BMW and it says 325i, thats my humble ride.

It's a 318i actually but did the change due to personal reasons... as 325 was my staff ID in a certain uniform group and pals of mine remember me by it hence thought it's cheaper to let them recognise me along the roads than bidding for the reg plate... (Maybe one day when I have the spare $$$, might just bid for it tho).

Please dun laugh at me okay... But do honk to say hi.. :)

Take care and enjoy your week

Cheers!

I met a black OPEL Astra AMG that day..

:screwedu:

Doc, quad pipes?

kenntona said:
Doc, quad pipes?

Hmmm.. didnt take note... but I nearly crashed into the side railing..

:screwedu:

Here we discuss about 318 badge as 325 etc etc etc.....

What about those who drive a higher model but rebadge as a lower model ?

Eg...I got a friend who used to drive the E36 M3 but rebadge as a 320...reason because he dun want to let his customer thing that he very the can....drive a sports model. Secondly he sick of pple jio him at traffic lights. After he rebadge....no more pple revving at him at the lights.

Ghostrider said:

Eg...I got a friend who used to drive the E36 M3 but rebadge as a 320...reason because he dun want to let his customer thing that he very the can....drive a sports model. Secondly he sick of pple jio him at traffic lights. After he rebadge....no more pple revving at him at the lights.
I saw one yatch docked at Raffles Marina with a sticker "E200"

Ghostrider said:

If no badge considered as what? Kekeke

Hmm...... looks like the party that mod their badge upwards has their reasons to do so, just like anyone who paste the M3 badge (... or 'W3' for those who don't even know difference between a 'M' and a 'W') or one with TRD, Nizmo, STi and Mugen stickers as sun shade. And they might not even realize what they have done, impersonating or otherwise. Most would just do it for attention and beauty. But I think some did it because of pride, though most will never admit.

There are 2 groups of motorists in general. An enthusiast (i.e. the ones in BMWsg) and a commoner group.
An enthusiast can easily spot any modifications; upgrading of badge or modifying of engines, chassis, brakes and body works. But this group represents no more than 20% of the population. :roll:

The commoner made up over 80% of the population (some drive some don’t), and most can't differentiate an M3 and a 318isedan. If you’re lucky, they can tell you that one has 2 doors and the other a 4 doors. Period! :verysad:

2 typical commoner cases I would like to share. Case #1: Once I had 2 ladies and a guy as passengers in my car. An Evo 8 over took me and I pointed at the Evo to all my passengers and mentioned that it is one of the fastest cars in the market. All 3 passengers exclaimed, "…you must be kidding, how fast can a Lancer go? .. aren’t they 1.6? ". Case#2: We were in the lobby of Hilton hotel. I saw a few tourists with a Singaporean man peeping in the window of a Porsche Boxster (without the 'S'). Just being friendly, I asked why they were so fascinated with the black Porsche. The Caucasians mentioned that it is a fast and expensive car, and the Singaporean said it’s a Porsche. Then I point at the BMW M5 E39 and an E55 AMG parking behind the Porsche, and guess what ...... all agreed that it is expensive BUT cheaper and slower than the Porsche. :shoot: :shoot:

So my point is to the majority of the population, most can never tell the difference. Even if the badge is swapped from 318i to 330i, it still makes no different. To most it is still a BMW ...... and maybe some might know that it is a 3 series.

Conclusion, it doesn't matter what the car owners did, upgrading or downgrading the badge. So long that he or she is happy with the results (or the attention). As for car enthusiast like us, we shouldn't be bothered too because we know our stuffs and they can't fool us.

Now, better focus all our attention on the coming V10 M5 or V10 M6 …. Let’s make more money and get ready for these beauties! :thumbsup:

u mean get ready to buy the badges?

"I saw a few tourists with a Singaporean man peeping in the window of a Porsche Boxster (without the 'S'). Just being friendly, I asked why they were so fascinated with the black Porsche. The Caucasians mentioned that it is a fast and expensive car, and the Singaporean said it’s a Porsche. Then I point at the BMW M5 E39 and an E55 AMG parking behind the Porsche, and guess what ...... all agreed that it is expensive BUT cheaper and slower than the Porsche."

Sigh, kenna suan big time tis time; ok, I will swap cars wif MW 2morow wif my cheap porsche.......ok, ok, admit, I rebadge to 'S' as well; it is a 2500cc n not 3200cc. ok, ok, engine is stock..........ok, ok, the car facelifted aftermarket....

Sigh, life is never fair.

ACSCAB2 said:
"I saw a few tourists with a Singaporean man peeping in the window of a Porsche Boxster (without the 'S'). Just being friendly, I asked why they were so fascinated with the black Porsche. The Caucasians mentioned that it is a fast and expensive car, and the Singaporean said it’s a Porsche. Then I point at the BMW M5 E39 and an E55 AMG parking behind the Porsche, and guess what ...... all agreed that it is expensive BUT cheaper and slower than the Porsche."

I m sure the caucasians is a Bu... n chio. if not, u r boh liao. :laughlik:

OTE

My ex boss pasted the M badge upside down on his E39...I told him paste sala...he told me....purposely one....W = Wilson. His name. 8) 8) 8) Cannot say that he is wrong mah....(cos he pays my salary !!)

Those without badge ?? Ehh...cueless souls ?? Ha ha ha ha ha....

I notice something from the Alfas....those GTA are usually the debadge ones....

I have heard of many funny story of pple overtaking 156/147 on NS H'way only to be caught out by the sheer burst of speed from the GTAs.....and they ain't slow cars....WRX, RX7 and Skyline GTTs.....

So I can only conclude the following...

1) Debadge cars are monsters....do not disturb
2) Debadge cars are slow....but disturb at your own risk ? Ha ha ha ha ha....

ACSCAB2 said:

Sigh, kenna suan big time tis time; ok, I will swap cars wif MW 2morow wif my cheap porsche.......ok, ok, admit, I rebadge to 'S' as well; it is a 2500cc n not 3200cc. ok, ok, engine is stock..........ok, ok, the car facelifted aftermarket....

Sigh, life is never fair.

No lah ..... we know yours fitted with limited edition Porsche triple turbo charging mah, hence, without the 'S' ........ kekeke.........

Take care and cheers!

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back