Evo crashed killing taxi driver

Re: Evo crashed killing taxi driver

totoseow;355787 said:
my wife and i saw the accident. she filed the report. another case of speeding...but the man cross illegally too.

You mean the taxi cab driver turned right before checking it was safe to do so?

Nevertheless, he's dead now and paid more than he should for his mistake..... it may not have been so tragic if the EVO was not speeding at ridiculous speeds to cause the cabby to flip over a few times.

I still want to see the EVO driver punished for his recklessness.

sad to hear such incident. esp. the passenger !

mrericlee;355822 said:
You mean the taxi cab driver turned right before checking it was safe to do so?

Nevertheless, he's dead now and paid more than he should for his mistake..... it may not have been so tragic if the EVO was not speeding at ridiculous speeds to cause the cabby to flip over a few times.

I still want to see the EVO driver punished for his recklessness.

I think TOTO was referring to the accident of the Audi and the pedestrian.

The cabby had the right of way according to news reports. The evo was clearly at fault for speeding and beating the lights. Anyways Condolences to the Taxi Driver's family.

last week along upp serangoon rd a grey evo was cutting at high speed from the 3rd to the 1st lane to turn left in very short. i was in the 1st lane, luckily i pre-empted his daredevil stunt and slowed down. alot of these guys dont realise most cars can go pretty fast these days, so in a turn situation its not wise to play these games. if i didnt slow down theres no way he would have made it.

condolences to the taxi driver's family. the evo driver is going to have to live with this for the rest of his life. An inexperinced driver speeding in a fast car is a potent combi

a lot of impatient drivers lately and hot-headed drivers, a lot of people just think that it will never happen to them. evo driver deserves to be punished and i do hope he gets a civil lawsuit served too....

rest in peace and my condelences to the taxi driver family.

mock..does look like the one on sg carmart....2 yrs old car....

so any new outcome on the case....?

what a dumbass driver!!

any other pics mock?

"and what he did yesterdae was just hug his #### who was shocked and crying... his 2 friends was walking to and fro to the gal and thier car.. they never even wanna see that taxi... fucking hell.. 2 lifes inside gone.. they even never bother to look..."

He's simply a bastard.
No regards to the life of others.
He just killed somebody and all he does is walk up to his bi*ch a** gf and console her.

Hope this bastard gets hanged/electric chair/poison gas/wu ma fen shi/thrown into jail with 10 trannys infected with AIDS.

It's so easy to blame the evo driver, blame the young punk in the powerful machine. Blame the guy who let his ego get out of check, blame everyone else on the road for being reckless, for speeding etc.

I'm sure he thought he was in control before the incident happened. I'm also sure alot of us thought the same before and were lucky enough to escape without making headlines.

So maybe this incident should serve as another painful reminder to all to exercise caution and keep both the temper and ego in check when driving, whether on sg roads or along the NSH. I know it would for me.

Condolences to the cabbie and passenger.

The illusion of control doesn't matter - only reality does. The lucky who escape are just as stupid as the ones that end up causing messes like this. The reason the lucky temporarily escape condemnation is because nothing can be proved yet. Proof of stupidity only really comes when something bad happens, but by then too much has been lost.

So maybe we should be more vocal in telling reckless friends to be more sensible. It is also in the all clubs' best interest for bad things not to happen especially anywhere near or associated with their events. It's not easy to do but it beats stuff like this happening. If we don't then one day the odds will catch up and it might affect our family and selves in a much more personal way... and it will be too late.

Personally, I can't/won't feel sorry or help, any friend I've already warned multiple times over a significant period of time, when he gets into trouble. Friend and even family ties only go so far. In the end, a person is as he/she does.

From here on out I think I will be a lot more vocal when it comes to drivers who on public roads :

1) Pass cars at extremely high speed differentials when there is no emergency
2) Weave like nutbags, including using the emergency shoulder as a lane
3) Think blasting around meetup areas is the least bit impressive
4) Street race

Shaun;355966 said:
The illusion of control doesn't matter - only reality does. The lucky who escape are just as stupid as the ones that end up causing messes like this. The reason the lucky temporarily escape condemnation is because nothing can be proved yet. Proof of stupidity only really comes when something bad happens, but by then too much has been lost.

So maybe we should be more vocal in telling reckless friends to be more sensible. It is also in the all clubs' best interest for bad things not to happen especially anywhere near or associated with their events. It's not easy to do but it beats stuff like this happening. If we don't then one day the odds will catch up and it might affect our family and selves in a much more personal way... and it will be too late.

Personally, I can't/won't feel sorry or help, any friend I've already warned multiple times over a significant period of time, when he gets into trouble. Friend and even family ties only go so far. In the end, a person is as he/she does.

From here on out I think I will be a lot more vocal when it comes to drivers who on public roads :

1) Pass cars at extremely high speed differentials when there is no emergency
2) Weave like nutbags, including using the emergency shoulder as a lane
3) Think blasting around meetup areas is the least bit impressive
4) Street race

Condolences to the deceased's family.

And I have new found respect for you Shaun, for your decision to be more vocal. And I agree, we are none the wiser when nothing happens. It just gives a false illusion of invincibility. The problem is also with how problems are only addressed with knee jerk reactions, and not right at the route. I'm not sure about this, but I believe if we did it like the Aussies, limiting new drivers to lower powered cars, it could perhaps help ground them more.

nb, it's these type of drivers who cause insurance premium to go soaring high..si mi NCD crap aint no friggin use.

I had a close call too. Coming from Lor Chuan and going to cross the traffic junction in front. Flashed my long beam few times as saw this kuku car trying to see if he can right turn. when i was about 50m from traffic junc, about 80kmh...he cheong n turn right :slaphead: :whatthe::withstup: . I horned non stop for about 3 secs n when I pass him I was like less than 2 m from his car:screwedu: :sickinbe: .

Not that I am biased but it was an EVO 9

TripleM;355978 said:
The wing looks like Axl's

Same Type V design, but his is the wider and taller type... bootlid spoiler I have now better, less attention. :eek:

jason3s;355960 said:
It's so easy to blame the evo driver, blame the young punk in the powerful machine. Blame the guy who let his ego get out of check, blame everyone else on the road for being reckless, for speeding etc.

I'm sure he thought he was in control before the incident happened. I'm also sure alot of us thought the same before and were lucky enough to escape without making headlines.

So maybe this incident should serve as another painful reminder to all to exercise caution and keep both the temper and ego in check when driving, whether on sg roads or along the NSH. I know it would for me.

Condolences to the cabbie and passenger.

Agreed...it's easy to point the finger when things go wrong. I'm sure many of us have been guilty of F&F driving..so this should serve as a reminder that our machines can quickly become fatal weapons on the road in a split second.

Have u guys recently observed at traffic lights these days thats there's a hell lot of drivers beating the red light including when turning ! and when its green for others to move off ....its so farking idiotic n dangerous n blatant disregard for other road users...i hope none of u guys do that, whats an additional 1 minute of waiting >??

True, it was tested in Australia that for the average commuter to work exceeding the limit on the freeway by 20ks (i.e. 130kph) only saves you max 1.5-2 minutes at your destination. Whats the point?

It's ok if you ruin your own life, but when you put others at risk, it's simply unacceptable. Save the F&F driving for the track. It's no point racing on the road, what point are you trying to proove?

Lets face it, it's not about WHO HAS MORE HP. What'd happen when you have two Murcies against each other at the lights? It becomes a case of WHO'S GOT BIGGER BALLS. As a typical hot blooded male, I've got to admit that is when we switch out brains off and let the other brain take over. Perfect formula for a big big nasty accident.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwinyoga

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back