Evo crashed killing taxi driver

Re: Evo crashed killing taxi driver

My personal observation is that if someone drives a 300+ bhp car without incident for the first 2 years, the chances of him being the cause of an accident later on is much lower.

Whereas if the driver gets involved in a crash within this period, the chances of a recurrence are quite high. I suspect insurance companies know about this as well because a lot of them will not renew the policy after the insured period is up.

its not really the car that matters..or how fast it is..even a bus can kill at 60km/h..its how u drive..this is call young and reckless..not young with fast car that makes him kill..

R.I.P to the taxi driver.

///M3;356365 said:
its not really the car that matters..or how fast it is..even a bus can kill at 60km/h..its how u drive..this is call young and reckless..not young with fast car that makes him kill..

It is the car and the driver. You can cause a lot more damage in a high powered car than a low powered one. Compare a mad man with a knife to a mad man with a nuke.

///M3;356365 said:

nick, it's about knowing how to handle your car so the car plays a part as well.

you have to know the characteristics of your engine and whether it's sc or tc or when the turbo kicks in, it all matters. still remember the incident where by the young boy crashed the car at suntec's car wash? if given a NA car, he might not have gotten in such big trouble because when the power kicks in, it usually shocks people.

when i got my car, the running period was as good as running myself as a driver in as well, otherwise, i wouldn't know how to handle it.

hope i made sense...

in all honesty, the key to safe driving is really to drive responsibly regardless of what age, wat bhp...but one thing to emphasize is for very young drivers, the parental roles are critical. I shall say no more but u guys know wot i m tokin bout.

TripleM;356508 said:
in all honesty, the key to safe driving is really to drive responsibly regardless of what age, wat bhp...but one thing to emphasize is for very young drivers, the parental roles are critical. I shall say no more but u guys know wot i m tokin bout.
I concur with Jack.

Ultimately the driver has to practice restraint, responsibility, understanding of his car and power plus defensive driving.

I've seen reckless drivers of all ages with every possible sort of vehicle with the potential to kill people in Singapore.

Enforcing a ban on drivers with lower BHP cars doesn't make sense either.

yes but all else equal, a powerful car is easier to lose control of, is easier to add kinetic energy to very quickly.

each factor in itself can be minimized, but prime is driver responsibility. Responsibility in general tends to come with age, but there are always exceptions. Thing is...people always want to bank on being the exception in terms of being responsible, being in control, etc. but if you talked to the Audi cabriolet, or this evo driver 2 minutes before their accidents, they too would have claimed they knew their limits.

its all in the driver's head and his own conscience

be it young or old driving fast or slow car....

As a young driver myself, I am very grateful to my parents for being wise enough to not hand me the keys to a more powerful car. Only God knows what would have happened if they did. Not meaning to diss other young drivers with powerful cars, I'm just using myself as an example. Having said that, of course there are also older drivers who lose their mind and drive recklessly, but I dare say that there is a significantly higher percentage of younger people who drive dangerously as compared to older people.

exactly....older => balls shrinking => kiasi
some 5Ks of Spore:
1. Kiasi
2. Kiasu
3. Kia Boh
4. Kay Poh
5. Kay Khiang

Online car forums abuzz about recent fatal crash
By Mavis Toh
He was said to have had the sports car for all of 1-1/2 months before he wrecked it.
The car, a high-performance Mitsubishi Evo 9, was believed to be his third. The accident cost someone his life.

On July 5 at 2.35am, cabby Mohammed Faizal Sumawi, 35, died when his taxi collided with the Evo at the junction of Somerset, Penang and Killiney roads.

The driver and his female passenger, both in their 20s, were taken to the Singapore General Hospital. He was later arrested for causing death by dangerous driving and is now out on bail.

The accident sparked outrage on several online car forums, which are abuzz with talk of how another young man behind souped-up wheels has run into trouble.

His two previous cars were also said to have been involved in accidents.

Many compared the recent fatal crash with the case of a 24-year-old warehouse supervisor who caused the death of a saleswoman while test-driving a Mazda sports car in 2005.

He was handed a seven-month jail term last year and banned from driving for 10 years. Before he was sentenced, he had posted queries on forums, seeking opinions on which sports car to buy.

Entries on the car forums claimed that the young man involved in the July 5 accident was a member of Evo East Gang, a car racing group.

A car agent who said she sold the man the Evo in mid-May told The Sunday Times that her client was about to start his national service.

The agent, who declined to be named, added that the car was registered under the name of the man's uncle.

The uncle had apparently told the agent that it was his nephew's third car.

'The boy... said that he was a good driver,' said the dealer. 'He insisted on getting the car.'

Many in the forums expressed sympathy towards Mr Faizal's family.

The eldest of three siblings, Mr Faizal, a bachelor, started driving a cab part-time just five months ago. He had a full-time job as a technical officer.

His sister, Ms Siti Sumawi, 30, a bank assistant, said her brother drove only on weekend nights. He wanted to help lighten the cab rental load on a colleague's father.

The family has had no information from the police on the Evo driver so far.

Said Mr Faizal's mother, Madam Nordina, 59: 'We want to know what happened that night.'

this link from MCF: Friendster - Bimond

everyone knows what happen that night pretty clearly..

Hi..Go ADT conducted by PML and will understand the danger if you are driving something so fast...

...And those movies glorifying street racing; e.g. Too Fast Too Furious, Initial D, and the countless ones produced in Hong Kong; have some part in it too.....

My condolences to the victims' families.

wah piangz.. poor taxi uncle and passenger.

may they rip.

Tragedy through and through...

I smell a cover up though.
High speed fatal collision on the main back stretch of Orchard.
It took over a week to properly report this in the papers?
Only after much online furore?

Oh - mistake in the reporting.

"....member of Evo East Gang."

I think it's East Team Puma, from what I've seen/read.
Could be wrong.

nYteMarE;356258 said:
and now it's not the evo that was speeding down somerset but the taxi?

Damage control after the event.

If you look at the nose of the evo you see how the forces were applied and that it could not have been the taxi's fault in the way claimed.

If a bullet comes flying along and you push a pen into its path at a low speed (exit speed onto a main road from a side road), either the pen ends up in front of the bullet in which case the side of the pen is going to get all smashed up, or if timing is perfect (very low probability), the tip of the pen moves into the side of the bullet as it passes by. The bullet still carries nearly all its energy along with it (nothing to transfer , except now it is put into a tumble or on a different vector. The nose damage to the pen that would do this at a slow-onto-main-road speed would be very low.

===

The rest of the ricer punks on that low quality board that are preaching that he's stupid for not knowing his limits, whilst they know their, are just waiting for the same thing to happen to them because on the street it has nothing to do with annything except variables, recklessness and probability. The probability will catch up with them before probability does. That way at least the cops might save innocent lives, and the lives of the ricer himself.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwinyoga

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back