• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Eyeing On Tis Car 318is Coupe

Re: Eyeing On Tis Car 318is Coupe

u mean all these used cars mileages have been tweak??? no wonder in SGcarmart mileages are all appro 40k for 3 to 4 years car.

cannot be trusted

rosswalker;203376 said:
"black IsCoupe with 300,000++ km on it and a week later, I saw it with 160,000++km including a new paint job."

was the new paint job white? then it must be this car we're discussing!

Mmmm.... There's a black 318Is up for grabs.....Could it be the one rosswalkers' talkin abt?SCG also......?:thinking:
Going for 27.8k.

BMW 318IS (COE till 09/2012) Details - sgCarMart

rosswalker;203979 said:
Mmmm.... There's a black 318Is up for grabs.....Could it be the one rosswalkers' talkin abt?SCG also......?
eusa_think.gif

Going for 27.8k.

BMW 318IS (COE till 09/2012) Details - sgCarMart

Nope - that's another one - looks very nice tho might go check it out today!

Went to check it out, very nice. Gone already! to a very charming young couple - I'm sure they will enjoy very much, congrats on your new ride! :)

Gone already!?....That was F_A_S_T!!
Personally' I am considering one too...
Will it be worth the 3rd COE ? That's another fact I am considering....Too....

Yup, THAT is the car in question I'm sorry to say.

SCG2250J

Was 300,000++km when I saw it in 2003 at turf city dealer.
Then about a week later + a new paintjob I saw it again at 160,000++ on the odo.
And the dealer couldnt even remember that he showed me the car a week ago, still dare to tell me mileage at 160,000 very acceptable.....wah lan!

Wonder what it's showing when the couple bought it.
I would expect the real true mileage to be at least 400,000km by now.
Feel sorry for them to be conned like that. but hopefully it's well taken care of......

When i bot my IS coupe, it was from another respectable forumer in BWM.SG and he was second owner. The first owner happened to be my colleague's husband so I could verify the mileage to be real.....

beware beware when buying from dealers............

E36 odos (mechanical) are easily adjustable unlike current digitised ones which are a lot harder to do. Do take odo readings of old cars with a big scoop of salt especially when coming from dealers, fellas.

Throttle;204095 said:

SCG2250J

Then about a week later + a new paintjob I saw it again at 160,000++ on the odo.
And the dealer couldnt even remember that he showed me the car a week ago, still dare to tell me mileage at 160,000 very acceptable.....wah lan!

Feel sorry for them to be conned like that. but hopefully it's well taken care of......

is there ANY way we can check and not get cheated if we have no access to the history of the car?

surprised - looked to be in very good condition, not like it had done 300,000km ...

It was pretty thrashed up when i saw it first time round. Paint job was scruffy with a scratch on the roof. then it was reprayed and the interior and engine bay given a steam cleaning by the second time i saw it. This was back in late 2002 early 2003. DEaler lied through the skin of his teeth.

unfortuately i dont know of any way to check beside knowing the previous owners.

Throttle;204342 said:
It was pretty thrashed up when i saw it first time round. Paint job was scruffy with a scratch on the roof. then it was reprayed and the interior and engine bay given a steam cleaning by the second time i saw it. This was back in late 2002 early 2003. DEaler lied through the skin of his teeth.

unfortuately i dont know of any way to check beside knowing the previous owners.

The key issue seems to be there does not seem to be a culture of keeping a service record in Singapore. It seems to me that a service log is not deemed to have any intrinsic value - which is a shame, give its car's health record

Show me a pile of (genuine) receipts & I'll buy a "scruffy" car any day (esp. if it’s from the owner). High mileage alone is not the killer - its neglect that kills old cars (greatly compounded by reluctance to spend money on maintenance). That and thrashing it when cold.

Throttle;204095 said:

SCG2250J

I may have seen the same car at the same time - about 2 years ago. Did it have front Brembos & a strut brace? The owner was as also the dealer? It was VERY ratty, esp. the interior. The owner cheerfully confirmed he'd had it on the track.

Nick;204442 said:
I may have seen the same car at the same time - about 2 years ago. Did it have front Brembos & a strut brace? The owner was as also the dealer? It was VERY ratty, esp. the interior. The owner cheerfully confirmed he'd had it on the track.

Nope the owner was not a dealer when I first saw it 4 - 5 yrs ago.
it wasnt really done up. No M3 mirrors or anything.
Pretty stock I remember.

Agree with what you say about maintenance and keeping receipts.
I always keep them to show how well car has been treated.

Gone to track? In this case, it could really be a 30yr old (600,000 km) engine by now.

So it is not advisable to buy a car that has been track?

jin teck;204561 said:
So it is not advisable to buy a car that has been track?

Everything takes a hammering on track - motor, gearbox, clutch, suspension, brakes, even the chassis mounting points for all the components.

Its not gonna help, that's for sure.

Nick;204440 said:
The key issue seems to be there does not seem to be a culture of keeping a service record in Singapore. It seems to me that a service log is not deemed to have any intrinsic value - which is a shame, give its car's health record

Show me a pile of (genuine) receipts & I'll buy a "scruffy" car any day (esp. if it’s from the owner). High mileage alone is not the killer - its neglect that kills old cars (greatly compounded by reluctance to spend money on maintenance). That and thrashing it when cold.

i got a file full of receipts.. hahaha...
need to buy another file to continue...

So after 8 pages, what is the major concern here:

1) A high mileage e36 that got tempered by dealers (or some dishonest owner)
2) A high mileage e36 that might turn off buyers all together from buying one...

?? - at 350,000 KM
Nick says that his car just ran-in...

Hahaha.... :chinese:

More of a (1) which is a real turn off.

High mileage but with good maintainance records and much TLC......I dont see why not.

chairoger;204749 said:
More of a (1) which is a real turn off.

High mileage but with good maintainance records and much TLC......I dont see why not.

Yeah - plenty of us vote for this with our wallet :)

The economics of it are pretty compelling - like someone pointed out above, $120K (the difference between a new 4-door BMW and a "pre-loved" one) is a lot of money.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneTab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back