• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Eyeing On Tis Car 318is Coupe

Re: Eyeing On Tis Car 318is Coupe

eh...heard that 1 of our bros here had some issues with manhatten motors abt the ride he bought from them.
better check out his story b4 buying

Whats the mileage on the car? Most of the IS engines are very unstable during idle. Partly due to the fact of its high cams. Which is very normal. Bear in mind that the 4th cylinder will always give trouble coz its the hottest at the back. Thats where the coolent will leak out. Not to mention the A/C, wheel bearings, fuel pumps, beltings, brakes, roof lining, power steering hoses... Damn come to think of it,you better get an experienced technician to check it out before you buy that. This model has the higest wear and tear rate.

russo;199442 said:
Whats the mileage on the car? Most of the IS engines are very unstable during idle. Partly due to the fact of its high cams. Which is very normal. Bear in mind that the 4th cylinder will always give trouble coz its the hottest at the back. Thats where the coolent will leak out. Not to mention the A/C, wheel bearings, fuel pumps, beltings, brakes, roof lining, power steering hoses... Damn come to think of it,you better get an experienced technician to check it out before you buy that. This model has the higest wear and tear rate.

Buy it man! :lol2:

You're only paying like $17K+ for a 15 yr old body with a questionable engine and interior... the E36 Coupe is a nice ride, but for that kind of price it had better be in perfect condition! Otherwise, doing it up properly could easily exceed the amount you've spent paying for the body excluding its papervalue.

mmm u better get the car checked properly..otherwise, if its not in good shape, repairs/maintainence to the engine will make u go pok

Looks lovely.

About how much will I be paying for insurance if I am between 30-35 with 20% NCD?

woah sounded damn scary man.. hehehe but i love e shape of this car... hmm my wife pulled handbrakes cos she said such a a car she dun wan.. wan new caro nli hahaha...

yup better check the engines & parts. been driving my iS for 5yrs, good ride , power but have to change all wear & tear to perform tip top! but i dun like white hahahaha..

my advice : don't touch old bmw no matter what the owner/dealer says. if it's direct owner's sale, worst. no value, just a perceived one as peop;le hanker over the useless badge :evil:

i "touch" my bmw everyday...so how? i die ah? its not hankering over the badge. bmw is a good brand on its own, most bmws are built with quality that outlast jap cars. i am enjoying my ride despite its age. still beats the jap cars i driven in.
if u are advising against into believing a seller that easily, thats good advice but if are advising against an old ride, i think thats not fair. not everyone can afford a brand new spanking bmw and not every guy would like the latest ride. some ppl would prefer the sharper looking E46 than the new E90. to me, its a starting point for ppl like me to begin our journey with our bmw rides. u gotta start somewhere right. besides, these rides such as E30 or IS coupes are unique in their own right. who are we to judge them? what we can note is the wear n tear that comes with it and be mentally n financially prepared for it

nobrainer32007;200466 said:
my advice : don't touch old bmw no matter what the owner/dealer says. if it's direct owner's sale, worst. no value, just a perceived one as peop;le hanker over the useless badge :evil:

biased and worthless info with no grounds

Ya I go for my first bimmer after witnessing what happened to a car duly stopped at the traffic lights and got rammed by a truck. Mum and 2 daugther died, Dad seriously injured. An 11 years old E30 was all I could afford at that time and being 1.6L which is not too taxing on consumption, tax etc etc.. na beh.. I like to repeat what NOBRAINER32007 has said.... NEVER TOUCH AN OLD BIMMER...(my reason)... IT'S FREAKING ADDICTIVE AND YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY IMAGINE YOURSELF WITHOUT ONE.

Ain't that true guys??? Nobrainer ??? I bought a 9 yrs old E36 from an owner which is easily $5.5K above average asking price.. how?? With the renewing of COE, I could get a new Sunny or almost a 1.5 Civic at that time. I don't give a damn to the badge nor what other may saying about buying such an old machine. Those new machines just didn't make the mark when it come to driving pleasure even compared to a 15 yrs old E30.

There's no snob element in us buying old cars. Many of us would have bought it for what it is.. a very nice car indeed to drive within our affordability. I have friends who have owned more than 3 E36s and one that has spend enough for a new 3 series in rebuilding a pristine E36 coupe and an E34. Another is exporting his 12 yrs old 6 series for some serious rebuiding job.. what do you call these people?

I'll rather you advise that it may cost quite a bit comparatively to get an old bimmer back into quality driving status. That would have sounded fair and less slanderous.

well said jawsg...i just modded my air intake just now...its freaking addictive sia...
DIY myself a heat shield, complete with external n internal heat insulation with a simota open pod....a freaking big one.
i love my ride. like what u said, i can't imagine what to say when the time comes for my car to dereg....i am still figuring out how to export it over to china, possibly keep it as a project car over there then....
ya 1 more thing, my wife was complaining that i love my ride more than her....haha

Jawzsg, Louis and Sszone well said. :goodup:. why listern to someone that is NO BRAIN :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

My family has 1 E39 320, 1 E36 325i, 1 E36 316i and 1 E30 316i....all bought 2nd hand. Are we stupid? We can easily afford to buy cars new and first hand but my dad doesn't see the need to because he doesn't hanker for the new leather smell nor the depreciation a 1st owner has to suffer. So far, we are all very happy with our old 2nd hand bmws.

Do we hanker for a useless badge? I don't think so...my dad selects the car well and knows how to bargain with the salesman...until the salesman want to cry. True, we spend some more money after buying the car to replace wear and tear parts, a new coat of paint maybe? But for us its more worthwhile den buying a new bmw. Most people see it differently but to each his own. To stereotype people who buy an old bmw as people who hanker over the useless badge is biased, snobbish and ignorant.

Hmm....
Maybe NOBRAINER is the new identity of HO2786!!!

Hahaha....

So what he's trying to say here is to avoid old BMW becoz it'll make him look bad in his lower priced brand new Chery QQ or Geely. Dun pray pray hor.. Chery QQ will be coming up with new sports coupe called beauty leopard...which looks like it went thru a bad accident with a truck....HAHAAaaa, prob he'll trade his QQ for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneTab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back