F10 523i HighLine - What Comes With it?

Re: F10 523i HighLine - What Comes With it?

Wahlau u see under/in front of the handle, towards the left of the pic... those r speakers lah. u mean u dun see it in the pic, or u dun see it in your car?

Just out of curiosity, what are the features on the HighLine model I can install with aftermarket OEM products and what are not available?

Thank you!

So far I only know:
Soft close door
10" big screen iDrive
Maybe M-sport springs/shocks/ARB

I know these are almost impossible to retrofit:
Dynamic damping
Comfort access w/auto tailgate open/close

I am still wondering if HUD can be retrofitted. I think dashboard needs to be changed.

What about park assist and head up display feature? Can it be installed as after-market on F10?

TUV2008;838052 said:
What about park assist and head up display feature? Can it be installed as after-market on F10?

Bro, the amount of retro fit you're asking n fit in, you might as well get a per owned 535i? :)

clamsgp;822386 said:
Just collected my pre-owned F10 523i HighLine registered in Jul 2011. I read from previous forums that there are a lot of customizable options but just wanted to make sure I've not been "ripped off" (no disrespect to my dealer who was very friendly and helpful, by the way):

1. Large screen with GPS
2. Shift paddles
3. Normal/Sports/Sports+ mode
4. Park Assist
5. Powered seats only got 2 "buttons" at the side
6. 18" Rims
7. Reverse camera

Am I missing anything? I read somewhere that Rear Roller Blinds is included but mine doesn't have it. How do I find out what kind of audio system I have - Professional, etc? Thanks!

Today I test drove a Feb'11 523i Highline the owner said no reverse camera?... How come some says have and some says no???

TUV2008;938668 said:
Today I test drove a Feb'11 523i Highline the owner said no reverse camera?... How come some says have and some says no???

For $5K more, some Highline models have 2 extra features - reverse camera and selectable driving modes, e.g. Comfort, Sport etc.

Guys, can i check. What tires does the stock F10 Highline come with? I've been looking around at quite a few pre-owned F10 highline, the 18" rims seem consistent, but the brand of run flats seem different. some on Continental, Goodyear... anyone knows? cheers

miniconvert;938781 said:
Guys, can i check. What tires does the stock F10 Highline come with? I've been looking around at quite a few pre-owned F10 highline, the 18" rims seem consistent, but the brand of run flats seem different. some on Continental, Goodyear... anyone knows? cheers

I think it depends on batch. My came with the Dunlop SP SportMaxx GT made in Germany...

sjlim;938674 said:
For $5K more, some Highline models have 2 extra features - reverse camera and selectable driving modes, e.g. Comfort, Sport etc.

I think that is quite reasonable if it comes from the factory and not after market. I just got a quote from someone to do a reverse camera for the F10 at probably the same price, which I think is not really worth it.

Quick bump to this old thread.

I found out more about the Highline ("HL") specs. So far I have almost converted my basic 523i into 523i HL for almost a fraction of the price of what people paid for HL ($15K-20K). Maybe I got lucky b/c my car actually came with Sunroof, motorised boot open/close, and comfort access (aka keyless entry).

What I am lacking from my standard 523i:
- 10.1" CIC iDrive (in progress)
- HiFi sound system (in progress)
- Dynamic Driving Control, aka Comfort/Sports/Sports+ w/Paddle Shift wheel (a $5K top-up for HL customers; I got a non-paddle sports wheel, but I am trying to find out if retrofit of the DDC is possible)
- Reverse camera (also part of the $5K top-up for HL customers, I am not getting this as I think it is not worth it for the price)

Highline does NOT come with:
- Roller blind
- Soft close

Sound system

The base 523i has the standard 6 speaker system - 2 midrange on front door, 2 bass under front seats, 2 midrange in the rear parcel shelf.

The HL has the "HiFi" option. This is a 10 speaker setup. There's no speakers on the rear doors. The 4 extra speakers are the tweeters in the door and rear parcel shelf. You can't really see the tweeters behind, but the obvious difference is the tweeters in the front pillar. Now, it's not just extra tweeters here. The midranges are also of better quality than the standard 6 speaker system, plus there is an amplifier in the back - that makes the biggest difference in sound quality.

I think 535i has the "Top HiFi" option, which is an even higher grade audio setup. It has 16 speakers total, all of them are also using better quality drivers than the "HiFi". There's speakers in the rear door and also center dash. Also has a more powerful amp. Won't go into that here.

And for a lot of money you could opt for the B&O system of course.

CIC 10.1"

I think this is one of the most popular upgrade so far. For us folks in Singapore, how can we live without this? The bone stock system is nothing but a fancy CD/radio with screen. The 10" CIC offers so much more than what the base iDrive offers. Go and play around with the one @ PML and you will know what I mean. Then drive down to the site sponsors to get BMW Apps and BMW Office activated.

Last edited by a moderator:

actually all these HL or non-HL specs become "redundant" after awhile.

When I first got my F10, I would play around with the bluetooth, DVD player, NaviPro, Sunroof, and simi other stuff in the new 10.1" I-Drive but after awhile, I just start engine, drive to my destination, stop engine, lock door, walk away....

Oh and I even forgot how to activate the paddle shifts..cos I only used it on the 1st day and tat was an Woo Long cos I anyhow switched to Sport+ and noticed I have to use paddle shifts liao, then in 1 min, I switched back to Comfort.. song...no stress

Oh again, I only find the Reverse camera MOST useful. After years of the sonar style beeping on the E60, the F10's reverse camera is a solid cos it has those guiding lines which actually tell u b4 u even reverse whether u can go into the lot or not..and not forgetting the obstacle markers.. wah..now tat I am typing it, I feel like going to do some reversing just for fun

Your parking sucks... who needs reverse camera!

yah, old liao....cannot judge distance anymore.

But I dun have helicopter view..those who retrofit it are blind!

MW;973351 said:
yah, old liao....cannot judge distance anymore.

But I dun have helicopter view..those who retrofit it are blind!

ROFL

Actually reverse camera is a nice feature. Parents have that in their Merc W211, but for almost $2K to retrofit this.. no thank you.

detach8;973362 said:
ROFL

Actually reverse camera is a nice feature. Parents have that in their Merc W211, but for almost $2K to retrofit this.. no thank you.

2k to retrofit a rearview cam? omg.

hymth;973363 said:
2k to retrofit a rearview cam? omg.

Well you imagine people paid $15K for a bigger screen and some speakers. You think... siao boh?

My hifi setup at home not even $3K.

You see, got cable (fiber optic?? coaxial maybe?), got module, got coding to do... got camera that comes w/ boot release button... its really not just "a camera"

After retrofitting my CIC I found out that our car is really fuxxing complicated. It has this module, that module. It's all over the place. Got fiber optic cable running audio and video signals from front to back. You got a control module/ECU for everything, from your engine, gearbox, bluetooth telephony, multimedia features, GPS, radio, hifi... You know it's not just one ECU and engine anymore. There's at least 4-5 of these computers all over our car.

MW;973368 said:
But its damn nice and useful for geriatrics like me....

View attachment 48928

harlow carpark so EMPTY you can park head in!!!!

Not my car ler, I just wanna hao lian the guiding lines and the obstacle object identification boxes..sibeh swee

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xin95net

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back