F10 - Jerky start (low gear)?

Re: F10 - Jerky start (low gear)?

MW;705388 said:
Bloody E60 does not have temp gauge. I think Bangle forgot to design it in

for a moment i tot u meant Bangla. :amijdm:

Jase;705354 said:
Thanks! What software update are you referring to? How would I check if my software is updated? Is there a firmware version note I can locate on the system?

Hi,

The software refers to the programming (ISATA in BMW speak if I am not wrong) for the car. I got it done at the dealer (PML) after a test drive with the technical guy who agreed there was jerkiness. Previously on the E60 you could check the PROGMAN via a series of sequences on the iDrive knob, but I m not sure if there is such a sequence for the F10 to show the software version. Maybe someone else with the knowledge can enlighten

I did one software update around May '11 and till date the jerking (or transmission slam feeling) at low speed has gone away and not come back.

Previously, before the update I had tried the 25s or 30s pedal throttle reset as suggested on some forums, but usually whatever improvements were temporary. I

The Manual states that there is no need to wait for the car to warm up before driving off. But logically , the transmission oil needs at least a short time (say a few seconds) for the transmission oil to cirulate(if you visualise all the intricate parts of an 8 speed gearbox that the oil has to to flow into the various valves (etc. etc) more so when cold.

Collected my f10 523 on 10 oct 2011 from pml. Didnt experience any jerkiness in the mornings when i move off.

Most of the later production f10s should probably already have the late
st programming thus they should not have this jerkiness problem. My was 2010 built. Either that or mechatronics unit could be another possibility.

I realize that if I punch it, there's no jerkiness whatsoever. But if I drive like a pussy at the start, then there's some jerkiness. It's quite minute and easily missed. But I'm going to continue to monitor this one.

MW;705388 said:
Bloody E60 does not have temp gauge. I think Bangle forgot to design it in

change F10 lor! good wor.

Jase;705253 said:
F10 drivers,

Are any of you experiencing minor jerks when the car starts? It's only when the car is in a low gear, i.e. when you start the car to drive off. There's no noise - just the jerky sensation. The jerks are not significant but being anal, I'm wondering if this is normal. If not, I'll go back to PML and ask them to check.

Thanks!

PS. It could be that the car is new and hasn't been "run in" yet. Just wondering :)

Checked with Ah wee, same problem with my F10 but after 5k run in... now better... should be better after 10k...

all parts in car virgin ma... OTOT

Horfun, this thread is about F10 gear jerking, not jerking off in F10. You are in the wrong folder liao

MW;705608 said:
Horfun, this thread is about F10 gear jerking, not jerking off in F10. You are in the wrong folder liao

i am speaking nothing but the truth about my jerking experience with F10.

after many X it will be smooth, experience counts. look at how lao jiao MW.

my f10 has a very faint jerk after i push start engine while car is idling in P mode before engage D n move off. a very faint one almost not noticeable. i dont know if you are referring to this.

Ahwing;705626 said:
my f10 has a very faint jerk after i push start engine while car is idling in P mode before engage D n move off. a very faint one almost not noticeable. i dont know if you are referring to this.
A different jerk lah.

Ur is idling jerk.

Theirs are moving jerk.

idling jerk is safer than moving jerk because u cannot change gears on Manual (no pun intended) mode

Ahwing;705626 said:

Ahwing, I think yours is more a rumble. If P mode, can't really be that jerky? Mine's in D mode but as I mentioned, only if I don't punch it.

meetup this sun we try to figure things out?

Haven't tried that Reset yet but there were no issues this morning... maybe my baby is slowly opening her eyes :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luck8bot
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back