F10 - Jerky start (low gear)?

Re: F10 - Jerky start (low gear)?

iori;800933 said:
Just send my car to pml for the diagnose and update the software.

they told me no new software to update. my car software is up to date. btw when u send in? i send in mid march..

rt333;800937 said:
they told me no new software to update. my car software is up to date. btw when u send in? i send in mid march..

sended in this morning

Hello All
I am currently experiencing the same or even worst on my F10 523i
I have been driving it for 2 years exactly .Quite recently before the 2 years warranty lapse, I had the car checked and complaint about the jerking I experienced on startup in the morning. They had that fixed but I now experience a loss of power to the car. Car feels heavier that normal and that you can feel a 'gear change' feel (maybe) on acceleration from 0-at least 60km? Is this normal. And u can always feel this soon as the mileage climb, probably 2-3 times. Your head gets pull back when this happen.

The centre had programed the car 3 times but it does not seem to be of any difference. I also experience it like a gear change everytime you press the brake when stopping.
I dont experience this at all during usage below the 2 years. Until last week, a new software was sent from Singapore but still no improvement.
Can you advise or is there anyone who you know can advice.
To be honest getting tired of sending the car for reprogramming for 3 times within this month but i get nothing.

hhazimin;985113 said:
Hello All
I have been driving it for 2 years exactly .Quite recently before the 2 years warranty lapse, I had the car checked and complaint about the jerking I experienced on startup in the morning. They had that fixed but I now experience a loss of power to the car. Car feels heavier that normal and that you can feel a 'gear change' feel (maybe) on acceleration from 0-at least 60km? Is this normal. And u can always feel this soon as the mileage climb, probably 2-3 times. Your head gets pull back when this happen.

The centre had programed the car 3 times but it does not seem to be of any difference. I also experience it like a gear change everytime you press the brake when stopping.
I dont experience this at all during usage below the 2 years. Until last week, a new software was sent from Singapore but still no improvement.
To be honest getting tired of sending the car for reprogramming for 3 times within this month but i get nothing.
Why not get a 2nd opinion?

Bring Me Worry. :)

back to the same questions cos not clear and everyone seems to type machiam the jerking is from start to finish of journey..so ur head bobs like u are rapping non stop

if its morning and only for a while..like 1-3 mins.,then fcuk it lah.no issue

Cold engines, cold gearboxes, cold everything...sure will jerk

Anything else apart from the above "cold" start situations, like some here experience jerking at traffic junctions or stationary.even when engine is sufficiently warmed up..mean gearbox problem liao or petrol injectors going to up lorry etc etc...

Not only in the morning but throughout the journey. Frustrating when getting stuck in traffic....

No error codes ?

hhazimin;985113 said:
Hello All

hhazimin;985113 said:
Hello All

I had similar experience a few months back. Problem went away after software update.

Personal experience only. Yes, I think it's a petrol RON problem, even though BMW recommends anything above RON 89/91.

There were a few experiments previously on comparing different petrol grades for horsepower, torque and FC. The differences are quite minimal and therefore I was using Esso 95 for a period of time for my F10 523i.

I had a similar problem like what u described, until the I made the switch over to ESSO 98. I find the engine takes RON 98 better. Throttle is now responsive, RPM more predictable when I push the throttle, and car feels less underpowered. I no longer need to drive in default sports mode.

You can try a full tank of RON 98 after your current tank is almost empty. I noticed instant improvement right after filling up the tank and driving off. Good luck!

I use to top up at SPC. Comparing to 95, i feel 98 provides a smoother ride & power.

I just tried ron95......don't feel a diff. Used to be on ron98.

You would only feel a diff if your engine has a tendency to pre-ignite.

I just tried ron95......don't feel a diff. Used to be on ron98.

You would only feel a diff if your engine has a tendency to pre-ignite.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luck8bot
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back