F10 - Jerky start (low gear)?

Re: F10 - Jerky start (low gear)?

I did the adaptation reset before but it did not solve the jerking problem.

Soundwerks actually upgraded the firmware for the transmission for me which resolves the jerking problem permanently. They have the specialized equipment that does that.

detach8;762186 said:
i think it's not a software upgrade but just an adaptation reset.

alot of people use the term "software upgrade" incorrectly. software upgrade means your transmission module gets a brand new firmware... this is not easily accessible.

Not true.. it is relatively easy to update the integration level of the car aka firmware...

jefflee;762209 said:
I did the adaptation reset before but it did not solve the jerking problem.

Soundwerks actually upgraded the firmware for the transmission for me which resolves the jerking problem permanently. They have the specialized equipment that does that.

Did soundwerks inform you the intergration level they upgrade your car to?

Even though i never experienced any jerkiness, it is good to hear that it is possible to resolve it. Jefflee when is your production date? Mine is June 2011 maybe already resolved. Can check it here with your VIN.

Soundwerkz also got the 2012 map update. Mine come with 2009 map still hear no news from my PI how to update.

Hi Porky, no idea which integration level it is but I am told that new PML cars would need a FSC code before any firmware upgrades can be applied. Need to check with Soundwerks about this.

Mine is 27 May 2010 production. Soundwerks did the update from 2011 map to 2012 map for me by just inserting the DVD and the idrive automatically starts updating the map. Took only about 15 mins to complete the update.

Thanks Jeff, very useful info

jefflee;762318 said:
Hi Porky, no idea which integration level it is but I am told that new PML cars would need a FSC code before any firmware upgrades can be applied. Need to check with Soundwerks about this.

Mine is 27 May 2010 production. Soundwerks did the update from 2011 map to 2012 map for me by just inserting the DVD and the idrive automatically starts updating the map. Took only about 15 mins to complete the update.

Yes very useful info. Soundwerkz also mention this FSC code to me. For PI cars no need? Didnt know can just pop in dvd to update my map.

Again, this is based on my PI car. I understand that PML now updates the software during servicing such that even the map update needs the FSC codes. Not sure how true.

My F10 never had any jerkiness issues but I heard Kelvin of soundwerkz himself had problems and have been sending his f10 in out of PML. Interesting to hear he now has a solution to his own problem.

jefflee;762453 said:
Again, this is based on my PI car. I understand that PML now updates the software during servicing such that even the map update needs the FSC codes. Not sure how true.

I look around and it seems all newer bmws need the fsc code. And of course you need the Navi DVD.

Last edited by a moderator:

PML updated the transmission firmware for Kelvin but there is still slight jerkiness. Improved but not fully rectified. next fix should be hardware change already.

Understand from PML SE that a newer software is avaiable end of this month as they are aware of the jerking issue.

MeToo;767279 said:
Understand from PML SE that a newer software is avaiable end of this month as they are aware of the jerking issue.

Any news of the new software? It's quite annoying when driving in traffic jams.

Hi bros,

Mentioned in Boss Thread my FR on a recent health check and engine maps update - and the low gear jerkiness is nearly gone...though of course if right foot indecisive and keep changing mind suddenly...will still experience slight tugging...but definitely much better than before...the acceleration and gear from 1st - 2nd at very low speed becomes more linear now, instead of 'jumping' ahead like what the 'jerkiness' previously felt like.

Can try...no guarantees la.

Cheers!

douggie;799926 said:
Any news of the new software? It's quite annoying when driving in traffic jams.

Miah23;800152 said:
Hi bros,

Mentioned in Boss Thread my FR on a recent health check and engine maps update - and the low gear jerkiness is nearly gone...though of course if right foot indecisive and keep changing mind suddenly...will still experience slight tugging...but definitely much better than before...the acceleration and gear from 1st - 2nd at very low speed becomes more linear now, instead of 'jumping' ahead like what the 'jerkiness' previously felt like.

Can try...no guarantees la.

Cheers!

Btw, recently I when for a firmware upgrade at Munich and the problem been resolved. The drive feel smooth at move off no longer jerky. :)

which f10 u guys mentioning? my f10 520 also got jerky problem (sometime depress accelarator no response for abt 1sec before power kick in) but send in pml they say no problem. i think they take my car out to rev like no body business so after i try on the end of the day, its smooth. then i tried their test drive unit, the drive was much much better them mine, no jerky at all, damn smooth. i believe that all pple who drove the test unit rev like no tomorrow thats y? just my assumption..

you should whack your f10 .... bmw car is no whack no shiok ... long time no whack ... engine can get choke :D

rt333;800407 said:
which f10 u guys mentioning? my f10 520 also got jerky problem (sometime depress accelarator no response for abt 1sec before power kick in) but send in pml they say no problem. i think they take my car out to rev like no body business so after i try on the end of the day, its smooth. then i tried their test drive unit, the drive was much much better them mine, no jerky at all, damn smooth. i believe that all pple who drove the test unit rev like no tomorrow thats y? just my assumption..

wt_know;800408 said:
you should whack your f10 .... bmw car is no whack no shiok ... long time no whack ... engine can get choke :D

ya tats y now always whack when choke....:D:D

somemore use sport + mode to whack...hahaha

rt333;800407 said:

same here haha. I also tried the test drive car which is much smoother than mine

iori;800850 said:
same here haha. I also tried the test drive car which is much smoother than mine

so after that u did any remedy?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luck8bot
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back